Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Stubing

Chino Airshow

I've been twice. It is a phenominally good show. Not to be missed.............

Except I'm going to the Duxford show. 75trh Anniversary of the BOB and all. Anyone been to that one or able to compare to the Planes of Fame show?

I usually go, but I can't this year.

Jason

Too busy with BoS or BoM or both?

Went one year with a friend and this was a mistake, he liked to cosplay and had bought an 8th air force uniform. I was so embarrassed (other friends saw him and ran away lol), but I had committed and couldn't be a jerk. Painful day.

Cannot go this year, committed to something else on the Saturday, so maybe, just maybe the Sunday

I might ...

I'd have to fly down but my dad lives in Reche Canyon (Colton) and it's always nice to see him.. 

Also know that it runs on Friday as well

Sorry you can't make it Jason...  I would normally fly in myself but I'm drinking beer lol...

There's no way it tops the one in Oshkosh for WWII ;)

Edited by Silky

I might be able to make it.. I am in town (norco) this week visiting some realitives.. so if that goes well I may be able to sneak away

There's no way it tops the one in Oshkosh for WWII ;)

Silky, I don't agree. Oshkosh is stunning for it's size and scope but the Chino show's dedication to warbirds is second to none both for it's focus as well as it's breadth. Oshkosh is mosly simple flybys (or was fifteen years ago when I attended). Although the Chino show starts out that way, it becomes a well orchastrated ballet with aircraft passing at nearly simultaneous intervals but stacked flight levels. Breathtaking and beautiful. I was surprised the FAA lets them put it on in the way they do.  

Definitely a cool show.

If you can't make it on Saturday or Sunday think about checking the acts out on Friday. Friday is getting bigger and better each year and this year is no exception.

I think this is our third year that we are putting on the Friday event. 

Wheels

Sadly, my truck's transmission ate itself three weeks ago. So, now the Flying Legends show is out and I didn't have time to adjust my schedule for Planes of Fame. Gotta look for a small warbirds show somewhere now.

Made it on Sunday for a little while in the morning.. And for future reference, sometimes it is better to show up a little late.. and not be in the gate! I was coming in the back way from Norco, the way I use to go when I use to ride by bike as a kid to Chino, and man, I forgot how good the show is just outside the gate.. That is to say, when your inside the show, you get the fly by down the runway.. But, just outside the gate, I was on the street where the planes made their turn to come back in for another pass.. Me and a few other cars were sitting there as the plane turned right above our heads, this was early, when the P-38, P-47, a few P-51s and the Fw190 were making passed down the runway.. That was a better show than the show! But, to support the cause I still paid to get in, check out some of the book stands, but than decided to go back out and watch the show from the street next to the cattle ranch.. I was having flash backs because that is what I use to do as a kid and use to ride my bike (or horse) when I could not afford to get into the show.. So, keep that in mind next time, you can get some pretty good views from out there