Zak

Developer Diary, Part 96 - Discussion

Hi Everybody!

We've started this Friday with an announcement of the very first screenshot contest for Battle of Stalingrad pilots. If you're interested in showing off some impressive screenies and winning up to $200 in each category visit this topic.

The main news of this week of development is version 1.011, of course. We hope that all those updates, the new transport plane and a huge map are bringing you some fun.

Along with improving BOS, the team is busy creating the series' continuation and its harbinger - summer and fall operations of the Battle of Stalingrad.

We haven't found any new planes for you this time, but there are two gunboats instead! When you meet them above Volga you better watch out, they are surprisingly well-armed.

boat1_1.png        boat1_2.png

boat2_1.png        boat2_2.png

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 19

Woohoo!!!! Anti-shipping missions on the Volga!!! :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

I loooooveeee the armoured paddle steamer. Those models are detailed enough to fit right into a marine sim. Impressive :good:

Edited by Finkeren

Great stuff, thank you!

Man I love russian engineering, just put T-34 turret and Katjusha rocketlauncher on boat and you will have effective gunboat!

I don't recognize the middle turret, does anybody know where they took this one off? T-26 version maybe?

I can't wait to see, what their damage model will be like. I hope it will be posible to make it more detailed than the smaller ground targets and model several different ways of going down, being blown up or maybe just be disabled and burn out without sinking?

Maybe it would even be posible to knock out specific parts of the boat, so that a destroyed bridge means it'd simply be left to drift with the engine still running, destroyed AA guns would leave it defenseless and a destroyed engine leave it without propulsion.

• Upvote 1

Nice! I think that turret in the middle (on the Project 1124 boat) houses 2 12.7 mm anti-aircraft machine guns.

Edited by LukeFF

ehh yea this game need this shi..... :(

O really don't take your point but I ashe that the more content the better

I wonder how well armoured those gunboats are ?

Is for example 20mm cannon AP round able to penetrate?

Or are their hulls even armoured?

Edited by Zami

A small update that unveils a new dimension of Battle of Stalingrad! I like that! ;)

Cheers,

Gorgeous models! Like Finkeren mentioned, I sure hope they have some complexity to the damage model. Damn they look good.

They look great, and as someone mentioned above, attacking ships was always fun in IL2. Info on the DM detail would be great to know.

Nice! I think that turret in the middle (on the Project 1124 boat) houses 2 12.7 mm anti-aircraft machine guns.

It looks like modified T-35 turret (for 45mm gun) on top of the "'captains bridge''.

Edited by Brano