raaaid

i would like to be able to adjust my propeller speed by the stroboscopic effect

raaid sos un pelotudo marca cañon, dale pa conseguite un putero amigo y ponela urgeeeente!!!!

I don't even know what you said but I'm somehow inclined to agree. Which makes as much sense as this thread.

yeah i know its cool to laugh at the fool, even me enjoy it, but plz check this twize

my whole point its contained here:

"

The wagon wheel effect, as seen on film and television, is easily explained. Less clear, however, is why people experience the the wagon-wheel effect not through a screen or by virtue of strobe lighting, but out in the real world, under constant lighting conditions. There are presently two competing hypotheses that account for this effect.

The first, proposed by neuroscientist Dave Purves and colleagues in a 1996 issue of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, posits that humans perceive motion in a manner similar to a movie camera, i.e. not as one, continuous motion, but "by processing a series of visual episodes... the sequential presentation of discrete scenes."

But in 2004, researchers led by neuroscientist David Eagleman demonstrated that test subjects shown two identical wheels spinning adjacent to one another often perceived their rotation as switching direction independently of one another. This observation is inconsistent with Purves' team's discrete-frame-processing model of human perception, which, reason suggests, would result in both wheels' rotations switching direction simultaneously.

A "better" explanation for motion-reversal, Eagleman and his team conclude, is a form of "perceptual rivalry," the phenomenon by which the brain generates multiple (or flat-out wrong) interpretations of a visually ambiguous scene. Classic examples of perceptual rivalry include the spatially ambiguous Necker cube, the hollow-face illusion, and – one of my personal favorites – the brain-bending silhouette illusion, famously illustrated by a spinning dancer that seems to switch directions at the drop of a hat."

Considering that 30 fps are enough to create a seamingly continuous motion picture that very well makes sence, while i agree those are not frames but single cells firing unsynchronized.

Motion picture film is 24 FPS and the difference between this and 60 FPS is very noticeable. So 30 FPS is definitly not seamless.

Motion picture fps are "blurred" so as to create seamless images.  Computer fps are rendered individually so the distinction between lower and higher fps is much more obvious.  Anything below 50 fps in CLOD or BOS and I can "see" the fps.

von Tom

I think what that real pilot was doing was matching the rpm of both engines by watching the props,

A tachometer is so much better for this.

Personally I'm still waiting for the ground handling to be made realistic...

:P

I'm a "real" pilot--Cessnas, Beech, Piper, etc. No warbirds, save for an hour of SNJ time. Not much flying these days, but the thousands of hours I've looked through spinning props featured nearly invisible blades. I.e, couldn't see them, save for the white disc made by the tips. Sometimes the sun would shine on them from behind and light 'em up a bit but that was about it. I always used the tach to set prop rpm on planes with constant speed props.

"I simply can't see how measuring the prop rpm by looking for this visual phenomenon is better/more accurate than glancing at the gauge that was designed for this purpose." Tell me, how would one tell the visual difference between 1800 and 2200 rpm? How would you know when you were at either? And how would this be accomplished at night? By looking at the tach, that's how. So, look at the tach. :)

What BP El said. Perhaps the OP referred to a guy who was talking about synchronizing props on multi-engine planes.

-snip-

What BP El said. Perhaps the OP referred to a guy who was talking about synchronizing props on multi-engine planes.

No, [Edited].

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 1

yes guilty of that and im proud to be a nutter in this world where being normal means having lunch while watching news of rapes wars and famines

and isnt sacrry i was right in the stroboscopic effect happening with natural light when most where putting their beans that that was not posible?

what percent of what i say its right and which is wrong?

Edited by raaaid

yes guilty of that and im proud to be a nutter in this world where being normal means having lunch while watching news of rapes wars and famines

[Edited]

Edited by Bearcat

Just stop already.  

Then stop replying to him or visiting this thread.

You are just as guilty of egging him on as he is of taking the bait.

• Upvote 1

yes plz guys keep it ot i just was meaning calling me a nutter its a compliment

personally i was surprised to see eaw incorporated this effect i was talking about

i think in the far future could make for nice eye candy

I believe it was in Bud Anderson's book 'To fly and fight' were he mentions timing his prop to the other aircraft in his flight if his tacho became inoperative. Think the context was regarding those who turned back with defective aircraft. Doubtful it would be implemented in this sim, perhaps DCS would be more apt.

Ardmore