Juri_JS

Platzschutzstaffel Pitomnik Mission Pack

On the first mission I didn`t get briefing screen but second one I did. It is a nice touch, good job! Maybe in first one I touched mouse or something too early.

Mission didn`t go too well but at least I was alive and landed :biggrin:

post-17513-0-12074900-1436875687_thumb.jpg

On the first mission I didn`t get briefing screen but second one I did. It is a nice touch, good job! Maybe in first one I touched mouse or something too early.

I don't know why, but sometimes the game doesn't correctly recognize manual landings.

Looking great.

Thanks a lot Juri!!

I agree juri, I would love to see the devs give you more tools to work with. More briefing and debriefing screens and editor tools would be great. Keep up the good work, your missions are great and very appreciated by the community.

Translate into Russian Platzschutzstaffel Nursery Mission ?

Translate into Russian Platzschutzstaffel Nursery Mission ?

I don't speak Russian, but if someone is willing to translate the localization files with briefing text and ingame messages into Russian, I will add them to the mission pack.

Great work Juri. I like the historical background. 

Juri, I just flew the Operation Koltso mission twice, and both times I encountered zero enemy aircraft. Is that an intended result for this mission, or is something possibly wrong? I made sure both times to stick to the flight plan.

All enemy aircraft groups in the mission have a random chance to spawn, so there is a small possibility to encounter no enemy planes. This should happen very rarely and I never had this when I tested it. It's very unusual that you also had no planes the second time you tried the mission. My suggestion is to fly the mission a few more times and see which results you get.

All enemy aircraft groups in the mission have a random chance to spawn, so there is a small possibility to encounter no enemy planes. This should happen very rarely and I never had this when I tested it. It's very unusual that you also had no planes the second time you tried the mission. My suggestion is to fly the mission a few more times and see which results you get.

Rgr, will do!

Alright, so I flew the mission two more times, and the result was the same - no encounters with the enemy at all. :(

That's strange. I've also tested the mission and always had at least one enemy aircraft group, but usually two or three. Aircraft groups can spawn near the waypoints 3, 5 and 6.

Does anybody else have the same problem with the "Operation Koltso" mission?

That's strange. I've also tested the mission and always had at least one enemy aircraft group, but usually two or three. Aircraft groups can spawn near the waypoints 3, 5 and 6.

Just curious: does the spawning of enemy aircraft have anything to do with the player's altitude? 

No, all check zones along the player's route that are used to trigger the enemy flights use the cylinder zone type, not the sphere type.

Please upload your Koltso.msnbin file, so I can take a look if it somehow got corrupted.

No, all check zones along the player's route that are used to trigger the enemy flights use the cylinder zone type, not the sphere type.

Please upload your Koltso.msnbin file, so I can take a look if it somehow got corrupted.

Ok, here you go:

Platzschutzstaffel Pitomnik - by Juri_JS.zip

I've tested the files and for me everything is working as it should.

Hmm, strange. I'll give it one more shot and see if I get a different result.

If I convert these to a Coop, would it break any of the logic or triggers ?

Essentially just making it work in MP with only one side playable. I ask because I just played some of veteran's 190 missions and the AI in my flight was horrible and useless. I have been exploring at converting yours and veteran's missions into coops / MP, but I'm worried some of the cool features will not work.....like the AAR. These mission sets actually are well suited to playing on a dserver with a couple buddies, the dserver will play them order one after the other after you complete them.

One feature that will certainly cause problems in a coop is the stat/debriefing screen function in my missions. It will be triggered when the player lands and will automatically delete all other planes in the player's flight and end the mission.

That was the main feature I was hoping to keep intact.  I fear it may take a complete rebuild to get all your bells whistles working in mp.

If you ever have the time it would be really cool to have an mp version.  I'm thinking you would have to change mission to dogfight, delete the player an wingman, create a spawnable airfield with only 2 or 4 109s.  The hard part is getting all your triggers to work with the players spawning.

Edited by Skoop

I think you are right and a complete rebuild would be necessary, because almost all triggered events are activated only by the player's plane. I am not interested in mp missions and I don't know how they work, so it's unlikely I will ever do this.

Here's the new 1.3 version of my Platzschutzstaffel mission pack.

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.913

It's just a small update, with a few bug fixes and minor improvements.
People who play the game in Spanish or French will now see the English briefing text and some of the missions should run slightly better on older systems. The debriefing screen was reworked and it will now also appear after a crash landing.

• Upvote 4

I've uploaded the 1.3.1 version of the Platzschutzstaffel pack.
http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.913

There's only one change in version 1.3.1, the missions are now also available in Russian too. The translation was done by Warhamm.

Everyone who already had the pack installed previously and now wants to play the missions in Russian, has to delete the 'mtreecache' file in the 'IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data' folder. The 'mtreecache' file saves the mission names and briefing texts. When the game is started after deleting it, a new file will be automatically created and the Russian briefings should now be visible.

• Upvote 1

Hi Juri,

Still really enjoying these missions, thanks again. I tried to play more this evening but they do not seem to work with the new update. I am unable to help diagnose the problem as my computer skills are limited, but if we can get them working again it would be much appreciated.

Cheers again,

Zj

Hi Juri,   Still really enjoying these missions, thanks again. I tried to play more this evening but they do not seem to work with the new update. I am unable to help diagnose the problem as my computer skills are limited, but if we can get them working again it would be much appreciated.   Cheers again,   Zj

Guess you should kill all *.msnb files from thw folder with campaign. then it should work. 

You can either delete the .msnbin files or resave the missions in the Mission Builder.

When the next BoS patch is released in a few weeks, I will update all my missions to the new file format. I won't do it earlier, just in case the devs change again anything in the mission file format.

Edited by Juri_JS
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the continued support, that worked fine. It is my favourite campaign. Now trying to make it through all the missions without dying/capture. I am not a great pilot so it is taking a while!

Cheers!

First many thanks for this mission packs, but why my wingman get problem with his Bf-G2 and can't follow the entire mission, in the middle of the mission (Transfer to Tatsinskaya) the engine of his G2 starts to slow down and he loses altitude, it seems the engine stops and starts all the time! is there anything wrong with G2? because I changed my wingman aircraft Bf-F4 and the problem was gone!

In this particular mission I haven't noticed any issues, but the AI in the game has sometimes problems to hold formation correctly. Especially when you climb too fast your wingman might be unable to follow. Sometimes it even happens that he stalls and crashes. Of course it's also possible that your wingman's engine was damaged in combat or by AAA.

Well, thank you for your reply but the wingman's engine was not damaged by the AA, because I increased the number of my wingman to 4 with Bf-G2 and this happened to all of them (they could fly in low altitude and low speed with this engine malfunction and after maybe 8-10 minutes their engines began function normally and they can climb and follow the mission) but when I switched to 4 wingmans with Bf-f4 everything worked great! (without engine failure)??