Juri_JS

Platzschutzstaffel Pitomnik Mission Pack

I can't reproduce this problem, so I am not sure what might be the exact cause.

I apologize for the English (using Google Translate)
set Platz Schutzstaffel Pitomnik Mission Pask, but does not start.
it is impossible to attach a screenshot, do not loaded when selecting a script.
He writes: "The description of the mission is loaded," and that does not occur.

Edited by Shadow_LW

Maybe that's caused by the changes to the mission file format in one of the last updates. You can either delete the .msnbin files in the mission pack folder or you can try to resave the missions in the Mission Editor.

If the missions don't work for you, it's most likely because of the changes to the mission file format in update 1.018. I will upload a new version within the next days.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I've updated the Platzschutzstaffel missions to the new mission file format. Everyone who has already resaved the missions won't have to download the latest 1.3.2 version.

Thank you for the video Mastiff.

I see you are also a fan of ramming attacks.  ;) 

Thank you for the video Mastiff.

I see you are also a fan of ramming attacks.  ;)

not really the PE-2 caught me by surprise he lurched up wards; I was like dang good thing I could parachute out.

Ok, I've updated the Platzschutzstaffel missions to the new mission file format. Everyone who has already resaved the missions won't have to download the latest 1.3.2 version.

Thx Juri

Edited by E69_Lothar29

Where is the upload Juri?

I see up to 1.3.1 one page back.

Follow the link you find in the first post or in the posts one page back. When I update the mission pack to a new version the link doesn't change.

Great mission pack.  I have finished the missions. 

Not only I enjoyed as realistic missions, I also learned a part of history that happend in the cauldron.

Thanks,

On a side note, I wish these mission packs can be seamlessly played like a mini campaign.

One has to scroll down in mission list one by one after finishing one.  It sort of disrupts the flow of the timeline.  I guess it's currently limited by how bos is handled.

Thanks,

Edited by mymelody12

Yes, at the moment there is no campaign mode for scripted missions, but who knows, maybe we will get such a mode one day.

Hi Juri, would you be able to confirm if 2.004 patch disables these missions?

Your missions are great and i wanted to try these missiona first to chk 2.004 patch.

Unfortunately, game no longer allows moving fwd after clicking!

Hi Juri, would you be able to confirm if 2.004 patch disables these missions?

Your missions are great and i wanted to try these missiona first to chk 2.004 patch.

Unfortunately, game no longer allows moving fwd after clicking!

Same to me, I have readed the Dev notes and for this new update I'am not sure if this following note is for this type of mission, can confirm Juri?

2. In this new version (2.004) missions format was changed, so binary missions which were created in previous versions will not work properly. To restore your mission delete .msnbin file and keep only .Mission file, open in in Mission Editor and re-save it with new .msnbin binary mission.

Thanks!

Resaving the missions using the method mentioned by Han should work. I will also reupload the resaved missions soon, maybe with some minor improvements.

Edited by Juri_JS
  • Upvote 2

Resaving the missions using the method mentioned by Han should work. I will also reupload the resaved missions soon, maybe with some minor improvements.

Thank you Juri !

I am wondering if anyone was able to successfully complete Eiseles last flight mission.

The only way I can do is to run away, put distance, turn 180 shoot a plane and rince and repeat x 3. This takes about 30 mins.

Very difficult mission to fight 1 v 6.

Cool mssion tho.

The only goal in all Platzschutzstaffel missions is to stay alive, there is no fixed number of enemy aircraft you have to shot down to successfully complete a mission. So you can just dodge the first attacks of the Yaks and then escape at high speed at low altitude. After a few minutes the enemy fighters will leave the area und you can return or you land at Gumrak airfield. Using this methode you can sometimes lure a single fighter away and shoot it down easily.

A more risky approach is to stay near your base and bring the Yaks within range of the airfields flak defence. When you use this tactic don't try to dogfight with the Yaks, only attack them head-on.

Same to me, I have readed the Dev notes and for this new update I'am not sure if this following note is for this type of mission, can confirm Juri?

2. In this new version (2.004) missions format was changed, so binary missions which were created in previous versions will not work properly. To restore your mission delete .msnbin file and keep only .Mission file, open in in Mission Editor and re-save it with new .msnbin binary mission.

Thanks!

Hi Nowotny,

I had the same problem like you and I followed your steps to change the missions into the new 2.004 format:

1.) I deleted the msnbin files of all missions

2.) then started the mission editor

3.) and then tried to open a mssion in the mission editor to resave it with the new format

The problem was, that in the mission editor I could not open the mission files. They just did not appear in the selection window.

Any hints?

I've uploaded the new version of the mission pack, that's compatible with game version 2.004. There are also a few minor changes to the missions.

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.913

Hi Nowotny,

I had the same problem like you and I followed your steps to change the missions into the new 2.004 format:

1.) I deleted the msnbin files of all missions

2.) then started the mission editor

3.) and then tried to open a mssion in the mission editor to resave it with the new format

The problem was, that in the mission editor I could not open the mission files. They just did not appear in the selection window.

Any hints?

Hi Moebelwagen, Juri has uploaded the new version, so need to download the new and install.

Regards,

Hi Moebelwagen, Juri has uploaded the new version, so need to download the new and install.

Regards,

Hi Nowotny,

thank you! I have already downloaded Juri's new files. They work without any problems. In fact, I have some other campaigns that I want to tranfer to the new file system using your method. But how I said, after deleting the msbin files and starting the mission editor, I am not able to open/load a mission, because they just do not appear in the "open file" browser.

Try then to type first letters of mission's name and ME could catch up and the the miision will suddenly appear in window.

Try then to type first letters of mission's name and ME could catch up and the the miision will suddenly appear in window.

Samson, this worked! Typing the first letters showed up the mission in the selection window. Thank you very much for this hint!

Now I am able to select the missions, BUT the missions do still not load in the editor: instead of loading I do get an error message ("Error reading mission file!"). This happens with all mission created with the older mission format. Newer mission, for example those, I created with PWCG, do load without any problems.

Now I am able to select the missions, BUT the missions do still not load in the editor: instead of loading I do get an error message ("Error reading mission file!").

That's the message that appears when you try to open an old msnbin file. Did you mistakenly delete the mission files instead of the msnbin files?

In the past I also got this message when I had a mission folder with an apostrophe (') in its name.  That's something you should check too.

That's the message that appears when you try to open an old msnbin file. Did you mistakenly delete the mission files instead of the msnbin files?

In the past I also got this message when I had a mission folder with an apostrophe (') in its name.  That's something you should check too.

I deleted all msnbin files in the respective campaign folder (not the mission files ;-) and checked the folders and the files for an apostrophe. But no success. I still got the error message.

The campaigns I am talking about are those from Veteranen, in particular "Chir Front", "KG27" and "JG51_Luki"

Veterans campaigns don't have mission files only msnbin files. I guess that's your problem.

In the old version of the game someone created missions files for Veterans campaigns by resaving the msnbin files and updated them to the latest version of the game. You can find the links to these files here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13912-veteranenmissions/page-13

Veterans campaigns don't have mission files only msnbin files. I guess that's your problem. In the old version of the game someone created missions files for Veterans campaigns by resaving the msnbin files and updated them to the latest version of the game. You can find the links to these files here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13912-veteranenmissions/page-13

Thank you, Juri! These files work!! (I have to admitt that I am really no pro regarding the mission editor in IL2 BOS/BOM, so any help that boosts my learning curve is welcome!)

Looks very interesting ! keep us posted

are we likely to see any update of your previous two campaigns

the improvements with FPS from DX11 should help a lot with some of those 'big' missions especially 'Sturmoviks'

thanks for all the hard work  :salute:

Cheers Dakpilot

are we likely to see any update of your previous two campaigns

I will make them compatible with game version 2.006, but this will take a little longer. Because of the new mission results screen a few changes will be necessary.

• Upvote 2

Looking great!

I fooled around for a couple of minutes on the sample for campaigns but i need to dedicate a bit longer. I wont be able to until the new year.