BlackSix

Game version 1.011 discussion

All the updates are coming alone very nicely but I would ask are we ever going to get drop tanks for the aircraft, because of the scale of some of the maps ( particularly Velikiye Luki)  warrants this  addition.

All the updates are coming alone very nicely but I would ask are we ever going to get drop tanks for the aircraft, because of the scale of some of the maps ( particularly Velikiye Luki)  warrants this  addition.

I don't disagree but the types of engagements that people tend to favor don't necessitate long distance/high altitude flights.

Zak, on 30 Apr 2015 - 12:16, said:snapback.png

Gents, we're not working in the office tomorrow, so here's something instead of dev blog. And I guess Zeus will also find something nice to share too  

It's nice to share.

• Upvote 1

I don't disagree but the types of engagements that people tend to favor don't necessitate long distance/high altitude flights.

You can burn through fuel in the 109 very fast, we often land with the red light. I appreciate the T&B crown don't need them but for anyone who likes to fly proper sorties the drop tank would be very useful and it was used on 109s at Stalingrad unlike some of the stuff we have.

You can burn through fuel in the 109 very fast, we often land with the red light. I appreciate the T&B crown don't need them but for anyone who likes to fly proper sorties the drop tank would be very useful and it was used on 109s at Stalingrad unlike some of the stuff we have.

I'm on your side there. Just stating an opinion based on what I've seen.

Not to mention how cool it would look to have a formation of 109's drop their tanks before breaking to engage!

Not to mention how cool it would look to have a formation of 109's drop their tanks before breaking to engage!

I'm glad I'm not alone ha ha I loved that moment in the old IL2 :D

Gents, we're not working in the office tomorrow, so here's something instead of dev blog. And I guess Zeus will also find something nice to share too :)

attachicon.gifclouds_a.jpg       attachicon.gifclouds_b.jpg       attachicon.gifclouds_c.jpg

Looks good but don't clouds usually have more difference in elevation:

clouds-from-above.jpg

• Upvote 3

Certainly can, but depends on the weather ;)

post-6177-0-80232500-1430507208_thumb.jpg

many types of cloud formation

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 1

cloud_summ_schem.jpg

Cunulus usally occur at hot summer and spring weather and instable air conditions. If air onditions are stable you'll see more cloud formation similar to the one in the screenshot.

Anyway let's don't let this get turned into a meteorolic debate. :)

• Upvote 1

I think those clouds look great for calmer summer overcast. They did a great job capturing the feel of what a winter sky looks like in BoS and now I'm really excited to see they are paying attention to things like cloud formations for summer. I'm not really expecting anyone to do a supercell thunderstorm in this flight simulator... but hopefully we'll see some of the billowing cumulus development you get on warm and humid summer days.

Well maybe if they had the option, the engagements could be different.

Right now, short engagements are the only option.

There's really something for everyone here.

Except for 3D and Oculus, which - as ever - are neglected! :(

After this update, not the hotfix, the clouds do not look nearly as good as they did before. Not much definition, rather bland, no depth etc. The ground is not drawn so far out now as it was before as well, looks blurry right off the nose, so to speak. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me? And the Yak1, wow!! good luck shooting down the Eastern Fronts representation of the  Zero.

Just a heads up as you guys are talking about clouds !

I have exactly the same issue and honnestly this is really ugly ! 

As soon as I have a plane with a cloud in the background it appears to me really blurry without any anti aliasing !

Any idea to fix that ?? Are the devs aware of that problem and working on it ?

Just a heads up as you guys are talking about clouds !

I have exactly the same issue and honnestly this is really ugly !

As soon as I have a plane with a cloud in the background it appears to me really blurry without any anti aliasing !

Any idea to fix that ?? Are the devs aware of that problem and working on it ?

As can be seen from the shots above the team is working on new cloud structures/format, this might bring some improvements on this issue, but we won't know until it's released later this year.

As soon as I have a plane with a cloud in the background it appears to me really blurry without any anti aliasing ! Any idea to fix that ?? Are the devs aware of that problem and working on it ?

Me and other people had some issues with the clouds and column of smoke when the horizon was behind them. The issue was the Steam/Teamspeak overlay that some people were using, once deactivated the issues were gone. Maybe its the same for you ? Could be worth a try. 

Me and other people had some issues with the clouds and column of smoke when the horizon was behind them. The issue was the Steam/Teamspeak overlay that some people were using, once deactivated the issues were gone. Maybe its the same for you ? Could be worth a try.

Doubt it. Ive had rhe very same thing since day one without any overlays. Further the cloud layers themselves are very very jagged when seen against the sky.

Except for 3D and Oculus, which - as ever - are neglected! :(

True...

Still waiting support to buy the game.

Doubt it. Ive had rhe very same thing since day one without any overlays. Further the cloud layers themselves are very very jagged when seen against the sky.

I still have that problem too, it's been there for me since one of the updates during beta. It's also present in solo play, so it's not linked to any overlay…

As said by other fellows this is notcoming from any overlay because I don't use steam and it happens also when I'm playing the game offline without Teamspeak

Can you provide screenshots? There have been issues with planes rendered against cloud backgrounds causing them to look blurry or blocky before, I wonder if you are talking about the same or a similar thing.

As said by other fellows this is notcoming from any overlay because I don't use steam and it happens also when I'm playing the game offline without Teamspeak

Maybe its not the same problem then. Me, my friends and some other people here had some graphical glitches like I said, and turning off the steam overlay was the fix for pratically everyone. Unfortunately, your problem dont seem to be the same.

Hi all

I have some news for you.

That's how the world you are used too is changing  (check out an animation gif file, all WiP):

dubki_transform1.gif

Open these two videos at the same time, so that there is a sound from one and picture from the other - by doing so you probably could get an understanding of my wishes and emotions that I've experienced while doing it

- open sound from this video

- and picture from this link in other windows

Cheers

• Upvote 8

Looking really great! what can be seen in that transformation GIF WIP is very inspiring

make sure you click on it :)

Cheers Zeus

Dakpilot

Just had a flashback of the June 1942 SEOW multisector campaing, the missions were long, my sqad got some patrolling missions in 109´s along the frontline, but our 109 burnt fuel so fast we had to take shifts, one rotte will patrol (50% throttle) and the other will wait in an airfield close to the frontline, then take off and the otter rotte wil land and wait and then switch again until something happened or the mission ended. Never again had such a feeling of "being there" like that again, my hands started to sweat every time we saw "contacts"  :)

I want to go to Russia! For the first time in my life I want to visit the place. And when I say, Russia, I mean a "pilgrimage" to V. Luki!

Many thanks, Zeus! :cool:

Edit: That Gif is stunning! Just stunning. Now I want a time machine to go forward to the release of BoM and the summer maps... 

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

You just keep on being de man Zeus, I wish I was a woman so I could marry you?????

You just keep on being de man Zeus, I wish I was a woman so I could marry you?????

Well Zeus, I won't go this far, but thanks a lot!!

It looks very promising.

Did someone notice that this Game Version corrupte the flight records?

Because I see how and where the AI taxi before this happen. Here I known that this AI plane crash into the Tower before this happend just need to follow the plane tracks to known what happen in the next minutes. :ph34r:

BTW just for notice: "This was a single AI plane"

Take a look

egiv2c79use.jpg

5i4a5wcyg63v.jpg

Edited by Superghostboy

Quote:

Posted 03 May 2015 - 17:46

Hi all

I have some news for you.

That's how the world you are used too is changing  (check out an animation gif file, all WiP):

------------------------------------------------

I wasn't going to buy this but just as in the animation i have thawed. Done!

3. Fixed gun aiming helper was added to Custom difficulty setting;

Hmm - maybe I missed this (my eyes were starting to glaze over trying to read all the previous pages), but has there been any discussion of this gunner aim helper issue over here in BoS?  (We've had quite a bit of it on the RoF Forums).

I went in to do a QMB to check out the current state of the "bubble of blur" issue (still there :( ), and was in the gunner position looking around, when I decided to grab the gun and fire off a few rounds.  That's when I noticed that there is a gunner aim helper yellow circle that apparently can't be turned off, even though the realism setting mentioned in the above quote is unticked.  

Is there a way to turn this silly thing off that I just missed?