BlackSix

Game version 1.011 discussion

I'm finding that the game can no longer remember my mousewheel controls.  I normally have it set as my Throttle, but it keeps defaulting back to Pilots's Head Zoom every time I start the game.  All other customised controls seem to be remembered though.  :unsure:

Here fullsize jpg of Velikie Luki map (19.5Mb).

THX Zeus.

May we have the psd of the map ?

Mine is also 1980 x 1080 on ultra settings. Sorry to see others having issues but glad I'm not the only one, so maybe it will get fixed.

I found a bug  :help:
Did someone notice this bug that comes with this patch?

qnovrzbmlwom.jpg

All very good stuff.

Unfortunately since this update the game does not seem to support Trackir. Tested Trackir on my copy of Rof and is working as normal.

Is anybody lse encountering the same problem?

All very good stuff.

Unfortunately since this update the game does not seem to support Trackir. Tested Trackir on my copy of Rof and is working as normal.

Trackir5 working for me fine before and after.

All very good stuff.

No problem for me (TiR 5 and drivers 5.2.000).

All very good stuff. Unfortunately since this update the game does not seem to support Trackir. Tested Trackir on my copy of Rof and is working as normal. Is anybody lse encountering the same problem?

What version of trackir do you use?
If trackir 4 or 5 try to update gamelist in your trackir's software. For older versions you should edit startup.cfg file and set "old_trackir" parameter to 1.

ps. file startup.cfg stored in folder "..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data" 
pps. you can edit it with notepad.exe
ppps. you can use this trick for trackir 4/5 too

I had great time Sunday's afternoon on DED server with Velikie Luki map.Achieved hat trick in my LaGG3 against FW jockeys from JG51.I love that delta-drevesina flying wonder

Excelent update! Ju-52 is very nice addition for BoS and of course Velikiye Luki map is also amazing stuff, great job and big thanks!

Make her flyable PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! i don't care paying 50 quids for her

I hope in the future they will make the ju 52 flyable!

The Ju 52 as AI-only I can accept, but don't even think about modelling the U-2/Po-2 and not make it flyable :(

+1 ! such a nice airplane for special missions!

Edited by Neil

What version of trackir do you use?
If trackir 4 or 5 try to update gamelist in your trackir's software. For older versions you should edit startup.cfg file and set "old_trackir" parameter to 1.

ps. file startup.cfg stored in folder "..\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data" 
pps. you can edit it with notepad.exe
ppps. you can use this trick for trackir 4/5 too

I use a custom profile and set it to the default. I've never used an in-game profile and have never had an issue with BOS.

Just got a 220.8MB update for IL2 BoS on Steam, what is it? Only started few minutes ago, the update wasn't there the previous days nor a few hours ago. I already downloaded the hotfix of 23rd April on its release day.

Got JU52 in update.

This must be the end of April patch giving JU52 and summer maps, not that I've looked for summer maps.

JU52 looks sweet in flight.

Now the floodgates will open about making it flyable.

Edited by fergal69

This must be the end of April patch giving JU52 and summer maps, not that I've looked for summer maps.

No summer maps this time around, they're still a good ways into the future.

What we got with 1.011 was Zeus' Velikiye Luki map, which is still winter textures.

• Upvote 1

nope just some fix's and tweaks.

Can you be more specific? I mean, it was quite a significant patch (220MB).

Got JU52 in update.

JU52 looks sweet in flight.

Now the floodgates will open about making it flyable.

wat

Ju52 was already added in the first 1.011 patch, and non-Winter maps are only coming in Q3 this year...

Great update.  Love the new map - Good job...

One thing I am interested in......

I went looking for mapping and found the Luki area at the bottom right of this map

http://www.mapywig.org/m/ALLIED_maps/series/GSGS_4072_Europe_%28Air%29_4369_OS_GB_%28aer._map%29_500K_4140_Iceland_600K/GSGS4072_500K_NE-56-26_Pskov_1944_VoB.jpg

However, other than the big towns, virtually none of the villages match up.  Some are in the right places but have different names, some are just either not there or villages are named that are not on this map...... 

I appreciate it is 1:500,000 and not all villages are maked and I realise that the main place names match up with the game map and google earth but its strange how there are so many that the use the above for navigation would be almost impossible. 

Can anyone shed any light on this......   Maybe the russians were into disinformation and gavethe brits all tehwrong village names at the time !!!!!!   Maybe scourched earth litterally eradicated the viallges marked on the Brit map completely, never to be rebuilt!!!!!

Thanks

Gos

Edited by 12.OIAE_Gosling
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately, we were not prevy to the update information, rest assured it did fix some issues. I'm sure one of the lead Developers will put out a read me.

• Upvote 1

Great update.  Love the new map - Good job...

One thing I am interested in......

I went looking for mapping and found the Luki area at the bottom right of this map

http://www.mapywig.org/m/ALLIED_maps/series/GSGS_4072_Europe_%28Air%29_4369_OS_GB_%28aer._map%29_500K_4140_Iceland_600K/GSGS4072_500K_NE-56-26_Pskov_1944_VoB.jpg

However, other than the big towns, virtually none of the villages match up.  Some are in the right places but have different names, some are just either not there or villages are named that are not on this map...... 

I appreciate it is 1:500,000 and not all villages are maked and I realise that the main place names match up with the game map and google earth but its strange how there are so many that the use the above for navigation would be almost impossible. 

Can anyone shed any light on this......   Maybe the russians were into disinformation and gavethe brits all tehwrong village names at the time !!!!!!   Maybe scourched earth litterally eradicated the viallges marked on the Brit map completely, never to be rebuilt!!!!!

Thanks

Gos

This German chart is a little closer but stil has loads of differences....  

http://www.mapywig.org/m/German_maps/series/800K_UEV/UEV800_P14_Smolensk_1933.jpg

Dont get me wrong - I think the new map is brilliant.  I was just hoping to print out an original to fly with....

Edited by 12.OIAE_Gosling
  • Upvote 1

thats a write up for 1.11 were talking about the last 3 after that.

oops, sorry.   I thought this concerned 1.011.

Gents, we're not working in the office tomorrow, so here's something instead of dev blog. And I guess Zeus will also find something nice to share too :)

clouds_a.jpg       clouds_b.jpg       clouds_c.jpg

• Upvote 6

The pictures are pretty, I agree. Has a new shadowing technique been introduced in the engine?

Nice noticeable difference in the interior frame color tone as well with the setting sun. Impressive.

Edited by roaming_gnome

Gents, we're not working in the office tomorrow, so here's something instead of dev blog. And I guess Zeus will also find something nice to share too  :)

attachicon.gif clouds_a.jpg       attachicon.gif clouds_b.jpg       attachicon.gif clouds_c.jpg

very nice...

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Looks pretty nice...

attachicon.gifclouds_a.jpg       attachicon.gifclouds_b.jpg       attachicon.gifclouds_c.jpg

Is this still WIP? I mean finial? Because the clouds looks like a Low Quality Water Normal Texture! Specially the first screenshot from the left side and the middle one. But the last one with sun is much better! Here the clouds appear more better and realistic.

The only thing that changes in those shots is the height of the sun, the cloud texture is the same in all the shots.