BlackSix

Game version 1.011 discussion

Ok first impressions of the Ju 52:

'Sitting duck' doesn't even begin to describe it. It might as well be made of pure tin foil. I took down three in a row with one burst each and didn't even use half my ammo in the Yak-1 on my first attempt. I'm also surprised at just how big a target it is and easy to hit despite its slow speed.

It's propably accurate, but it means that Ju 52s used in MP will need massive protection or they'll be shot out of the sky in a matter of seconds.

Also: For some reason the model struck me as somewhat underwhelming. I don't know what it is, but it just appears very bland and box-like. I'm propably being unfair but I guess I was just expecting more visible details :unsure: and it's a little bit disappointing that the passenger cabin/cargo hold just appears completely empty.

Still, the Ju 52 is a nice and necessary addition that will certainly be fun to shoot down/trying to protect.

All a ploy to silence the calls to make it flyable!

All a ploy to silence the calls to make it flyable!

Waiting for a Luftwhiner to post a chart showing how the Ju 52 ought to outturn the Yak-1 :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Waiting for a Luftwhiner to post a chart showing how the Ju 52 ought to outturn the Yak-1 :biggrin:

Does the Yak have the flaps deployed at 470 kph?

I keed, I keed.....

Well it does  go pretty fast straight down... ;)

It seems reaspnable the Ju 52 is frahile and easy to down. It was designed back when germany was still opressed by the treaty of versaille and deep in economic crysis.

The situation called for a cheap, easyly mass produceable plane that was slow enought to not interferr with the versaille's limitations.

By courugating the metal strengh could be increased which also meant the ammount of required material could be reduced. That was of great importance due to overall lacl of materials and financial shortcomings.

It was desinged just to sustain landing amd takeoff, nothing. Nothing less. The ultra thin alluminium is no match for bullets and everythings cuts threw it easily.

It also had no self sealing / protected fuel tanks and the engines were totally exposed. It never was intendet for combat duty but civil aviation, though the lack of an effective transport fleet forced it to enter service.

Shes an old lady that didnt like bad treatment.

• Upvote 1

It seems reaspnable the Ju 52 is frahile and easy to down. It was designed back when germany was still opressed by the treaty of versaille and deep in economic crysis.

The situation called for a cheap, easyly mass produceable plane that was slow enought to not interferr with the versaille's limitations.

By courugating the metal strengh could be increased which also meant the ammount of required material could be reduced. That was of great importance due to overall lacl of materials and financial shortcomings.

It was desinged just to sustain landing amd takeoff, nothing. Nothing less. The ultra thin alluminium is no match for bullets and everythings cuts threw it easily.

It also had no self sealing / protected fuel tanks and the engines were totally exposed. It never was intendet for combat duty but civil aviation, though the lack of an effective transport fleet forced it to enter service.

Shes an old lady that didnt like bad treatment.

^^

I just couldn't force myself to shoot  at her in my first flight  :biggrin:

Just flew around the Ju-52 flight as the poor gunners tried to hit me in vain....

The railway station in Velikie Luki is pretty impressive.

Good job Zeus!

:salute:

Wicked stuff thanks, gona go down me some cows.

Ps has the new map been given to any mp server people in advance so we can play online on it today??

I had hoped we would get a payload for airdrops of supply together with the Ju-52.

• Upvote 2

You're aware that it's AI-only right?

Oh ja, and I can still 'try her out' in mission can I not. She is perfect as a prop to be used in one of those.

Tanks for the update, good looking beast and a nice map. BUT please, the Ju52 flight model OMG! Please correct it, it is amazing how after 1st head on pass, the Ju52 starts turning trying to catch my six, it reacts as a fighter...is Hartmann at the wheel?  :biggrin: . I saw some disappointing behavior in bombers, but a transport trying to dogfight me it's just too much.

PS. i have some stuttering i did not have in previous patch

Edited by ECV56_Chimango

After a quick check it does show up nicely in Viewer: ;)

ju3_zpsx4inn0j7.jpg

Nice shot, Pierre!

Ehm... where can I download the skin?

;)

+1

Haven't had a chance to playt yet but this looks great. The ju52 is such an important addition to the game.

Cheers guys

I had hoped we would get a payload for airdrops of supply together with the Ju-52.

Me too, checked settings to find nothing...

Parachutes are done, so it should be no such a big problem to use them for some troops and supply material.

+1

Tanks for the update, good looking beast and a nice map. BUT please, the Ju52 flight model OMG! Please correct it, it is amazing how after 1st head on pass, the Ju52 starts turning trying to catch my six, it reacts as a fighter...is Hartmann at the wheel?  :biggrin: . I saw some disappointing behavior in bombers, but a transport trying to dogfight me it's just too much.

PS. i have some stuttering i did not have in previous patch

LOL, yes,  they started quite 'advanced' evasive manouvers as I flew at their direction.  :biggrin:

Nice shot, Pierre!

Ehm... where can I download the skin?

;)

Thanks,

Only a very quickly done and unfinished skin made from the official (and excellent, as usual) winter skin, not intented for download. I am waiting for a layered template, ...maybe?

Edited by Pierre64

111 still pitches up violently with MS SW FFB2 ?

And no word on corrected airplane performances?

YAK-1 still the heightfighter that broke the game for me?

In your dreams, even handles like a charm in a sustained turn below 200 km/h at 60% power LOL

I am sure we can't ( I am one) even show you a chart that is able to convince you that a Spit5 could outturn the Yak. Do you possibly accept that an A6M2 could?

I am sure we can't ( I am one) even show you a chart that is able to convince you that a Spit5 could outturn the Yak. Do you possibly accept that an A6M2 could?

Sure, I think both could. The Spit might even outclimb it. The Yak would beat both of them handily in a roll though and ofc. leave the Zero behind in the dust in speed (level, climb and dive)

What does all this have to do with the Ju 52?

New Features
5. Soviet and German skin tones were tweaked to look less washed out;

Should this be look more used instead of less washed out ?

Shouldn't there be a copilot in the Ju-52?.

Yes, this was discussed, but the guys said it was going to be this way (no copilot) for at least a while.

Yes, this was discussed, but the guys said it was going to be this way (no copilot) for at least a while.

We can just imagine he has popped in the back for a quick nap ;)

I wonder if ALL the crew members in our planes aren't clones of just one model.Having a copilot might make this too obvious?

Thanks guys, another nice update! Good work, it is appreciated :salute:

Really glad about Ju-52, it is important addition to the BoS.

Thank you very much for the update.

On  a side note, the sim is running much smoother for me. Any optimisations made? Cannot find them in the changelog.