JGzbV_Manni

Geometry of Dogfights

Geometry of Dogfights  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have such a tool/feature

• yes
    • don´t care

Hi all,

asked by Zak iam opening this poll to gather the ammount of intrest in following tool/feature.

Feature:

• Planes drag trails behind them which stay visible for some time and show the flighpath taken

Tool: Which would be the perfect solution to dogfight/energy/geometry training - this one would take some ammount of development time i guess

Flying for 10 years mostly duels i still struggle to fully understand the play of geometry turnrates and energystates and in my opinion this affects almost all virtual pilots with 1 or 2 exceptions.

A feature/tool as this would help alot to analyze how to improve in this regard.

Please vote if you think so too.

br

Manni

Edited by Zak

Yes that would be a very nice addition but please pretty please add the free-mode camera before that. Why not also put in a bunch of external views from different parts of the plane? I would love to have a camera on my wingtip, tail fin or on the landing gear. Think go pro mounts like this guy uses irl: 

Edited by =LD=Penshoon

Sounds cool, but I think there are much, much more important features to be worked on.

Considering the time and money constraints they have, I think other things should take priority.

Well it sounds like they have already developed this tool and are using it in their version of the game, so why not!

Sounds cool, but I think there are much, much more important features to be worked on.

Considering the time and money constraints they have, I think other things should take priority.

Yes that would be a very nice addition but please pretty please add the free-mode camera before that.

the trails feature is already within the dev version of the game and easy to publish - if there is enough intrest.

Edited by Manni

maybe a simple track with the speed in all points of this tracks (or plus info, like engine power, g's, speed...), will be great to check your combats and your mistakes

Like a GPS to real flight, that you can export the track in google earth and check all datas of your flight, in this case for the simulator and inside the simulator. 

For example, in real live and for free flight we have this:

Something like this but for our fighters. 

• Upvote 1

Note - dev version does not have this feature

With this tool everyone can understand and analyse own mistakes.

+1

Such program will be 10 x usefull than manual youtube video movies like "I will cut my best scenes when I only got airkills".

BTW

At now I sometimes have strange feeling like some of the BoS planes could "turn around the tree" like in old il2... Would be nice to check the real manouver radius.

I'm guessing this is in the playback/track mode only? But yes, it would be excellent for training purposes. I have always enjoyed the 3D trails for that.