RoteDreizehn

Better DB601/DB605 Engine Sound in BOS/BOM

Dear Devs,

will it be possible to have more realistic Engine Sound in Bos?

The common DB601/DB605 Engine in BOS sounds not dull enough.

It´s hard to believe that is a 1475 PS horse.

Can you please solve this ? Will be very kind !

Thanks a lot!

ROTE 7 (Origin Cockpit Sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jenWQy4Zm-w

This is maybe an example how it could be in  BOS/BOM  :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fexz8tWRF14

Edited by RoteDreizehn
  • Upvote 2

Dear Devs,

Thanks a lot!

Like this? ;)

Fantastic , both of them...  I've asked for that too in another thread

But how do you change the sound eventually ??  If this is what I have understood correct form the second video .. HOW ?

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

@PA-Sniv

love it!

Especially the GUN SOUND!! :biggrin:

Also the Radio Chatter is nice!

A really nice Job!

How to get this mod ?

Thanks a lot for your Example :)

Edited by RoteDreizehn

Wow the way it should sound in the game, lends me to believe that the Devs don't have the new version of the FMOD designers edition?

and did you use the ROF tools to mod the sounds?

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

We need a mods on mode to add all those details and finalisations that the Devs will never go back to finish. It makes a big difference to the way the game plays. And I hate begging for scraps.

Yes, the "MOD- ON" really missing . The Devs should review their position . :( 

Edited by A-E-Hartmann

I got goosebumps listening to those sounds ...fantastic :biggrin:

Is it possible to download the new sound file and install in BOS and then use it in MP?

No it isn't due to the FMod engine.

Like this? ;)

Now i REALLY dont know why 777 doesnt just use those sounds. They are so far superior to the current ones.

Now i REALLY dont know why 777 doesnt just use those sounds. They are so far superior to the current ones.

+1

Maybe the Dev don't think its that good, maybe they have not heard the sounds or they are busy with the next update.

As a company they're responsible for publishing company owned feautures and assets not interferring with any copyrights ect.

In addition they have to make the game equla in terms of quality. If you browse YT for example and search for Bf 109 recordings you'll notice each one sounds some what different from the other due to different recording equipment and recording conditions.

Such samples can be used by modders with some editing but nkt by a developer as it would cost too much ressources to do with questionable sucess. Thats why they rsther rely on sampling stuff or using previous records they already made.

That basicly counts for many sims out there, not only BoS and shows why modding may be an important factor for BoS's longlivety.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 4

Well they made Zeus a full time part of the dev team, maybe they can add this guy for sound so it gets in the official game updates? I'm not a big mod guy.

I really do like the sounds in RoF and BoS, the sound guy did a great job compared to other sims stock sounds. But after hearing these I'm curious to see his take on all the planes.

I have edited sounds for the Bf 109 engine inside the cockpit where needed. I actually found 4 sounds that needed to be changed, the rest sound pretty ok for the momment anyone knows how to create that fsb archieve, or edit the existing ?

I got an fsb extractor that enabled me to extract sounds , however one has to hear them all  to be extracted. For the compiling nothing I could find.

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

Well they made Zeus a full time part of the dev team, maybe they can add this guy for sound so it gets in the official game updates?

What makes you think he's an audio engineer? 

Is it possible to download the new sound file and install in BOS and then use it in MP?

Yes use in MP is possible ...  it is the same FMOD files that originally except the size which is larger :)

Well they made Zeus a full time part of the dev team, maybe they can add this guy for sound so it gets in the official game updates? I'm not a big mod guy.

I really do like the sounds in RoF and BoS, the sound guy did a great job compared to other sims stock sounds. But after hearing these I'm curious to see his take on all the planes.

I do this by passion and I do not want to officially integrate this mod in the game .... simply the "MODS ON" is the key. :salute:

The "Sound Mod" is complete for quite some time now ... soon a new video, this time with the Russian side.

Edited by Tiger_33

Tiger, as a fan of the Universal sound mods for '46 I just want to say thanks so much for this and all the other wonderful sounds. It has been greatly appreciated!

One question though, did you do any programming work on the sound engine for this sim? I remember when UV3 came out and it eliminated the Sonar issue and was wondering if you might have fixed some of the sound issues here. For instance hearing my bullets impact the enemy airframe as though I have been hit.

high  fidelity sim need best high fidelity sounds.

It's so cruel to tease us with this  and know now that some top nosh mod (essential in my mind)  ever exist but unusable !

;-)

mods ON ! mods ON ! mods ON ! mods ON ! 

I'm beginning a wait Strike.  "  No BOS gaming until mods are ON !"

:megaphone:  :megaphone:   :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :megaphone:  :megaphone:

mods ON ! mods ON ! mods ON ! mods ON ! 

;-)

Tiger, as a fan of the Universal sound mods for '46 I just want to say thanks so much for this and all the other wonderful sounds. It has been greatly appreciated!

One question though, did you do any programming work on the sound engine for this sim? I remember when UV3 came out and it eliminated the Sonar issue and was wondering if you might have fixed some of the sound issues here. For instance hearing my bullets impact the enemy airframe as though I have been hit.

Thank you for your comments...

Currently no programming work because "Mods on" is not allowed.

However, I have improved a lot of things and impacts are heard much stronger from cockpit view while being much weaker on enemy aircraft.

Dear Devs,

Thanks a lot!

Here are couple of sounds of the video of red 7 on rpm 2 and 3 thac can be used on the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kfuscdb3x81z2xk/new+bf109+soundsRPM+2+and+3.zip

However when I build the fsb bank with the  FMOD   it didn't work since there was no sound to the game with that nes fsb installed to the game. :mellow:

I don't know if or what dne wrong so any input will be appreciated

Edited by AvengerSeawolf
  • Upvote 1

Later with FsbExtractor you can verify if it will be readable...

Thanks for your input  Rote .. Yes I have both those  fsbext and the extractor, whihch I have used to  read and extract the files.

Yes  the final file was readable from  the  FSBExtractor. Perhaps files have to have same time length as the originals  I will try that latter on.

If these work then I can go on and change other files.

If you are interested in doing this you may check out this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FMODTV

Those guides show you how to handle FMod Designer, the tool you need to build fsb files with. I perosnally gave up on geting into it as I have other studies to do and it's not easy to get into but maybe you have some superiour motivation :)

The sad part is, even if you manage to create a working sound mod you're not allowed to share it, which is a great bummer.

Why is this 109 sound mod above constantly brought out as "what it should sound like" when it doesn't sound anything like a 109? It sounds like its going through mud.

Everyone appears to be an audiophile, but who here uses onboard sound? If you use onboard sound, then maybe this sounds good because it is so bass heavy to accommodate the poor audio the onboard sound produces.

The 109 that is "so much better" sounds like absolute garbage through my SoundBlaster Z - which is better than the prior SoundBlaster cards, except the models with the replaceable  op-amps, but I can't compare against the Xonars which are also great cards and far better than onboard sound. If the current in-game audio is so bad, maybe its not the audio in game because the 109 sounds exactly like real 109s on my system with just the SoundBlaster Z and CM Storm 5.1 headset. I got rid of my Logitech 5.1 surround setup, but I'm pretty sure it would sound awesome through that. The problem is most likely onboard sound if the current 109 sounds bad.

https://youtu.be/dO9mEv5Ve54

There is more bass in game than the above clip on my setup, but the 109 sound in the second post compensates poor audio output on their end with way too much bass.

Compared from the real sound above and the blub blub blub "mod" above, it should be much tinnier and metallic and less farty poopy pants mud butt that they've got going on there in the "mod."

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 2

Why is this 109 sound mod above constantly brought out as "what it should sound like" when it doesn't sound anything like a 109? It sounds like its going through mud.

Everyone appears to be an audiophile, but who here uses onboard sound? If you use onboard sound, then maybe this sounds good because it is so bass heavy to accommodate the poor audio the onboard sound produces.

The 109 that is "so much better" sounds like absolute garbage through my SoundBlaster Z - which is better than the prior SoundBlaster cards, except the models with the replaceable  op-amps, but I can't compare against the Xonars which are also great cards and far better than onboard sound. If the current in-game audio is so bad, maybe its not the audio in game because the 109 sounds exactly like real 109s on my system with just the SoundBlaster Z and CM Storm 5.1 headset. I got rid of my Logitech 5.1 surround setup, but I'm pretty sure it would sound awesome through that. The problem is most likely onboard sound if the current 109 sounds bad.

There is more bass in game than the above clip on my setup, but the 109 sound in the second post compensates poor audio output on their end with way too much bass.

Compared from the real sound above and the blub blub blub "mod" above, it should be much tinnier and metallic and less farty poopy pants mud butt that they've got going on there in the "mod."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The 109 that is "so much better" sounds like absolute garbage through my SoundBlaster Z - which is better than the prior SoundBlaster cards, except the models with the replaceable op-amps, but I can't compare against the Xonars which are also great cards and far better than onboard sound. If the current in-game audio is so bad, maybe its not the audio in game because the 109 sounds exactly like real 109s on my system with just the SoundBlaster Z and CM Storm 5.1 headset. I got rid of my Logitech 5.1 surround setup, but I'm pretty sure it would sound awesome through that. The problem is most likely onboard sound if the current 109 sounds bad.

Cannot disagree more with this.

I'm running a xonar DX into HARX700 headphones and this sound mod sounds identical to the 109s I've heard elswhere.

I mean you really can't say anything until we get a release version, but this critique seems like it comes from the mods suck no mods on perspective than anything else.

I cannot disagree more with this.

I'm running a xonar DX into HARX700 headphones and this sound mod sounds identical to the 109s I've heard elswhere. What's more this does what all good sound mods do and compensates for a fundamental lack of tactile feedback.

Further, having a dedicated sound card doesn't make your system or mine the end all of judging what it should sound like. If anything the amount of customization that my xonar allows makes me doubt that we can be objective-as if anything about the sound mod is objective. If ya don't like the base just turn the base down!

I mean you really can't say anything until we get a release version. Until we can sit in cockpit and compare it to verified high quality recordings (like one summer two messerschmits) it's pointless to say this or that does or doesn't suck. This critique seems like it comes from the mods suck no mods on perspective than anything else.

EDIT: HOWEVER THE FACT THAT I CANNOT EDIT MY OWN POSTS AFTER X AMOUNT OF TIME BLOWS!!!

Edited by forsale

Troll alert :)

Seriously though some guys should spend some of their time on airshows befire arguing how terrible stg sounds they only know from movies amd you tube vids.

And yes Tigers mod is a better representation of a realistic cockpit sound.

You'll never hear full realistic cockpit sounds with the low spectrum of frequencies modern sound systems can simulate. Unlike in most sims out there, bass and low frequency noises are dominating the others in reality. In a real aircaft you can literally "feel" the engine geberating all the bass running threw your stomach.

You probably shouldn't chastise others for having onboard sound when you use a 5.1 headset, from cm no less.....

You probably shouldn't chastise others for having onboard sound when you use a 5.1 headset, from cm no less.....

Or using a poorly recorded sound sample uploaded on youtube as a reference... :rolleyes:

And yes Tigers mod is a better representation of a realistic cockpit sound. 

You'll never hear full realistic cockpit sounds with the low spectrum of frequencies modern sound systems can simulate. Unlike in most sims out there, bass and low frequency noises are dominating the others in reality. In a real aircaft you can literally "feel" the engine geberating all the bass running threw your stomach.

+10000 

MODS ON ! MODS ON ! MODS ON ! MODS ON !  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :ph34r:

• Upvote 1