BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 94 - Discussion

Hi Everybody!

Spring brings new life to the nature. So it does to our project. A whole lot of new features is being cooked these days in our engineering kitchen, version 1.011 in particular. Work on BOS and the new content for BOM is going at full speed. Thanks to that fact I have another great content to show you in our dev blog. This time our 3D artists shared a few screenshots with Bf 109 E-7 fighter that is due to be included into Battle of Moscow plane set.

BF109E7_01.jpg BF109E7_05.jpg

BF109E7_06.jpg BF109E7_08.jpg

And of course we’ve got news about our progress in improving BOS. Later this month we’re going to release a version update which, along with dozens of improvements and fixes, will feature the Ju 52 transport aircraft and the Velikie Luki playable map. These two are the key elements of version 1.011, the rest of the change log will be announced later this month.

The ongoing development of summer and autumn maps for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad already has some partial results we could show. The screenshot below does not represent the final quality but anyway it’s so good to finally see summer.

post-7704-0-53338500-1428678852.png

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 9

Glad to see Emil and summer, looking good!

And interesting to see 1.011 changelog when it comes, sounds like a nice patch again. Thanks for the news!

She's a beauty alright. And new clouds coming? They look great. A nice little update, thanks!

The Emil is my least favourite 109 but its lookin good and I'm not super interested BOM overall due to the plane-set but...

... loving the look of the summer maps! Can't wait for summer maps in BOS.

Really nice screenshots again!

I'm looking forward to the Ju 52 too. Will be a nice addition to the transport scenarios, even though only AI can fly it (atm? ;) )

Thanks again for the updates

Edited by 1.JaVA_Pod

The ongoing development of summer and autumn maps for IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad already has some partial results we could show. The screenshot below does not represent the final quality but anyway it’s so good to finally see summer.

Looks amazing , so far I can imagine ho w it will finnally look that would be  probablyy ht ebest looking terrain in a  combat Flight sim. Lots or  "room" there and can  almost " feel" the space and atmosphere.

Keep up the good work.

Will the clouds be coherent with the season, that s not the case on this screenshot ? ... I know its only WIP..

Fantastic looking model! Maybe the MiG next week? ;)

Landscape is looking awesome. And yes, please put a MiG-3 on it? :blush:

This looks so awesome. I can't wait to fly this one. The Emil has always been my favourite, followed by the G-6 and the He-162.

Nice work on the 109. Top cowling used to be yellow, nice effect.

• Upvote 1

Nice work on the 109. Top cowling used to be yellow, nice effect.

Well spotted. And indeed a cool and subtle effect. Update looks great, summer is coming!

Fantastic looking model! Maybe the MiG next week? ;)

We can always hope! I'm more of a VVS man but I have to say that Emil looks wonderful :)

The new map looks really good. Specifically it seems the horizon is better defined than it is in the snow map.

• Upvote 1

WOW just WOW!

That's the 109 I fell in love with back in the day.

I looks AMAZING! much better than the current F4 and G2 IMO.

The map without snow also looks great and Im looking forward to flying there.

I do like that landscape shot. I love the winter maps in BoS but variety is welcomed.

Zak or Black Six,

Can we get a higher altitude/higher angle shot of the landscape? I'd like to see it from the top down as it were. Get a feel for the patchwork of farms and terrain while keeping it in perspective as a WIP.

Thanks, man