Stray

Exit your aircraft when landed

539 members have voted

1. 1. Exiting the aircraft after landing

• That's what we need
    • We don't need it

Would be great to walk up to your aircraft, do a preflight, talk to crew, climb aboard, then do mission. Once landed, take Aircraft to rearm/refuel, Climb back in and take off again.

Only if I will be able run for the mess next to plunder the squadron's Vodka stock with my fellow comrades

then get loaded, while toasting on the motherland while giving raunchy speeches about the commander's wife :biggrin:

in short, no I don't need this feature :nea:

• Haha 1

Guest deleted@30725

Cool.

Just imagine finishing a successful mission in P-39, than come home, land, exit the plane and slam the cockpit door behind you like a boss. :big_boss:  :biggrin:

.. only to get strafed by an enemy pilot

I voted "We don't need it". Now, don't get me wrong, it would be nice to have and I wouldn't be against it if it would be made but I don't think we really need it.

:salute:

• Upvote 2

I had 2 versions of a B 17 game , it sacrificed a lot on graphic but had these cool things you could do.

Jason said, give me a *********** budget and you can have anything. 

being able to exit your plane would be so cool   many  times after  doing a crash landing i would love to be able to  do a walk around of the wreck or be able to  run away from the plane to take cover   in the tree's to keep  other players from shooting the pilot on the ground  

In IL2 1946, it's possible to run after you crash landed. Good thing if your plane is on fire after landing.

• Like 1

Yeah, I do miss the ability to bail out after crash landing. It was great when on fire or in a situation like the video above. 

That's as far as I've like it to go though- This isn't an FPS and I don't want the devs using their time for preflight walk arounds (especially since no random problems are modeled so it's not like you would ever find anything wrong)

• Upvote 1

Being able to do a post-flight check would be very interesting. Especially in Expert mode when there are no other external views. Returning to base and doing a walk around of your damaged aircraft - particularly one more damaged than you realised, would be very memorable.

Il-2 1946 already has a mod for it. I think it works better there.

I would like to get out of the plane after stopping the engine, what is the point of a good skin if you cannot see it. I would like better and improved visual damage model, witch I find very plausible now when the game is running so smooth. It is pretty damn cool looking at own damage plane after landing. COD got some good visual damage, BOS is better in collision damages . I hate those low poly holes in the wing though

Looking at this feature from a development point of view, this would take up considerable time and talent resources to model, animate, and program. That time is much better spent putting out all of the already planned content. And I think the upcoming planned content is way better than this feature.

Would it be nice later on after they finish up the current content plans? Absolutely, but only nice, not "needed"

Edited by 71st_AH_Scojo

On the contrary , I think fine tuning the sim we already got is a good investment. Getting new planes are mostly 2 weeks and the meh. Features like this is pleasure all the time. And we aint the one that make priorities, that is Dev problem

On the contrary , I think fine tuning the sim we already got is a good investment. Getting new planes are mostly 2 weeks and the meh. Features like this is pleasure all the time. And we aint the one that make priorities, that is Dev problem

I can definitely see your point, but I do want the pacific to get here ASAP.

Maybe this can be an added project onto either Kuban or the Pacific since they'll have to be doing some extensive remodeling and animating anyway

Edited by 71st_AH_Scojo

Don't get me wrong, it's a great feature with a world of potential, especially with the added capability to enter other aircraft while on foot or perform walk-arounds. (Imagine how online wars would go with that) but it would be easier to implement it for SP than it would be for MP given the number of potential exploits and abuses the devs would have to guard against. (That guy stole my plane, my boots and my motorcycle.)

I can't see it happening but who knows?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great feature with a world of potential, especially with the added capability to enter other aircraft while on foot or perform walk-arounds. (Imagine how online wars would go with that) but it would be easier to implement it for SP than it would be for MP given the number of potential exploits and abuses the devs would have to guard against. (That guy stole my plane, my boots and my motorcycle.)

I can't see it happening but who knows?

I think they just mean for exiting after landing and that's it. Not being able to do anything else afterward except see an aerial shot of your plane and pilot.

Sort of how 1946 had it where your pilot exited the plane and ran for cover if you hit eject once your plane was on the ground.

Which, I have to say, can be beneficial in keeping your pilot alive on MP if people decide to strafe your downed plane after you crash land. However, most MP servers care about the plane and it's final state rather than the pilot

But don't do this like is in DCSW, with that very poor movement animation.  :P

Dev's have mentioned this is a desired feature but they do not have the required 3D animator at the preset time and there are more critical elements on the 'to do' list, they seem to work to a very structured pattern in order to keep to release schedules of plans

being able to leave a burning aircraft on the ground would be very useful  :) however not knowing what other 'feature/s' would be put back to make this happen earlier, makes it hard to judge how much it is needed  ;)

Cheers Dakpilot

I think they just mean for exiting after landing and that's it. Not being able to do anything else afterward except see an aerial shot of your plane and pilot.

Sort of how 1946 had it where your pilot exited the plane and ran for cover if you hit eject once your plane was on the ground.

Which, I have to say, can be beneficial in keeping your pilot alive on MP if people decide to strafe your downed plane after you crash land. However, most MP servers care about the plane and it's final state rather than the pilot

That makes sense to me, some Il-2 1946 servers also used to have a script that allowed externals while on the ground in full real settings, it was handy for not getting lost taxiing and ogling your shot up plane after you landed it. That couldn't be too hard to make, right...

Would that something like that be good enough?

(Inb4 triggered devs, I know, I was kidding, nothing is simple.)

I would rather walk around and inspect my aircraft in first-person view, the same way I fly the thing. No 3D modeling or animations would be necessary either.

• Upvote 3

So like EZdock?

I was watching this the other day:

Some good features in here. 

If you speak about the possibility to walk around around the aircraft with a mug of coffee, then to me the answer is "Not needed"

The one thing needed is the "run for your life" thing from IL2 1946. Dying from the despawn time because you get straffed or just burnt to death after ditching is just super annoying.

If you speak about the possibility to walk around around the aircraft with a mug of coffee, then to me the answer is "Not needed"

The one thing needed is the "run for your life" thing from IL2 1946. Dying from the despawn time because you get straffed or just burnt to death after ditching is just super annoying.

Agree, burn ditched and wait 15 second ...

But if we assume that i unstraped myself and opened canopy before the impact and speed is save to jump out how fast i could save myself?

Set it to 5 sec in game server settings and you have crude solution. Implement it in other way and you give others fun to walk with mug to.

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Like 1

This is a situation when the Fi-56 Storch would be a great addition to the SIM. That plane can land anywhere to rescue anyone. I am certain that we woulkd have pilots here will to rescue other pilots and bring them back to the front.

This is a situation when the Fi-56 Storch would be a great addition to the SIM. That plane can land anywhere to rescue anyone. I am certain that we woulkd have pilots here will to rescue other pilots and bring them back to the front.

Good to have that kind of mission but rather save AI will work not human - who would want to wait ? But in organised events or some who would not like to lose streak :)

That kind of missions are implemented in RoF , you have to fly to enemy terytory, pickup spy/prisioner/general and land with him on friendly aerodrom.

Do not forget The Microsoft Combat flight sim 2, I think where the pilot when leaving is plane did go and we all had the impresion he did run to go take a "dump" behind soùme crates ?! Ridicule.

Edited by senseispcc

On 10/10/2013 at 9:05 PM, Stray said:

Guys, this suggestion is not to make you take a stroll around your aircraft, but to finish the mission without exiting it and without bailing out when landed. So this isn't meant to be a gimmick.

You can either sit in your cockpit till mission ends and hope not to be strafed, bombed or crashed into, or hit "end flight" key and remain in-game thus see what others are up to.

This is not present in IL2 series yet.

Bailing out on friendly airfield/carrier means you score half of your points for the mission. Introduction of this feature would prevent it, provided "end flight" would only work when safe on the ground, as "bail out" is there to quickly exit plane with a wing missing few thousand feet above the ground.

Keep on voting.

I vote for it!

Woul'd be nice!

Posted (edited)

I d like also  from player point of view the possibility to run to the plane, climb on board sit on the plane....than close canopy and  start engine.

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is a MUST NEED for IL-2 Great Battles. Especially if the plane is on fire and after a water landing.

Edited by Novice-Flyer

11 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

This is a MUST NEED for IL-2 Great Battles. Especially if the plane is on fire and after a water landing.

I don’t think it’s a must need. If you’re in a situation like that, you can just finish mission.

A nice idea. After landing have a nice (digital) cup of thea.

NAAF refreshment.png

Posted (edited)

I would not vote for the option to get out and walk around taking pictures but I would vote for an animation of you jumping out and running as in IL2 1946.    

As a bonus feature it would be nice to have the option to run or walk plus use the mouse to steer the direction for 10 seconds.  

Any time a person chooses 'Exit Plane' rather than  'End Mission' then, instead of just sitting there for ten seconds,  there is an animation of climbing out of the cockpit followed by...

A) If the aircraft has its undercarriage down (breaking it on landing counts as 'down') then you walk away for ten seconds at 90 degrees (optional mouse steering)

B) If the aircraft has it undercarriage up then you run away for ten seconds at 90 degrees  (optional mouse steering)

This leaves you still in the mission but able to turn around (not move again) and watch the action.  You can still select 'End Mission' at any time (even during the ten seconds of running if you don't think you will be safe from being straffed after ten seconds 🙂 )

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Totally unnecessary.

Now if we had pistols and I could run around an enemy air base shooting AA crew and pilots as they try and taxi...there’s some good fun.

Before we even think about getting 1st person walking sim we need actual 1st person bailout animations and 1st person parachute kinda like in dcs.

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 6:21 AM, Gambit21 said:

Totally unnecessary.

So is rain effect, grass affected by planes and other details. Lets just make green 2D map because everything is unnecessary, flying and shooting is all that matters. Details make the great game, small things that make the world more realistic and immersive. Sure there are people who only care about pvp competition but then there is lots of people who like their world more alive with lots of details.

Just because something does not affect gameplay itself, does not make it unnecessary. And things is, devs know it. In many AAA games from big companies you can find all these details, even tho, one would think companies like this would cut costs as much as possible.

I love all these small details in games and they are something that draws me in them. I love being able to walk in DCS and examine my crashed plane or simply role play a bit and run away to safe place if i am in enemy land. Photo inside a cockpit in clod is my favorite thing about that game, one may say it's totally unnecessary but for me it's a big thing, having picture of a girl that waits for you, so you don't want to go kamikadze and die in a stupid crazy way. Small details are what makes game perfect. It has been 6 years but i still hope we can get at least 1946 automatic run away and drop on the ground instead of immersion killer "quick! esc and quit before my planes blows up".

8 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Before we even think about getting 1st person walking sim we need actual 1st person bailout animations and 1st person parachute kinda like in dcs.

There was first person bailout but they removed it. It still happens i think as a bug. At least i had few FP bailouts. Also no reason to have 3rd person like in 1946.

Edited by InProgress
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1