Developer Diary, Part 93 - Discussion

E-s had only central loadout (if not to count wing frag bombs - but mostly it wasnt used at all), so we will have central loadout with 250 or 500 kilo bomb.

3x point came with M/N models.

Will the P-40 be able to carry RS-82 rockets?

Guys,

It did have 6 guns per standard U.S. Regs but according to Viks there were instances where 2 were removed to save weight or when guns were in short supply. So they made adding the 2 guns back an Unlock. So you will have 6 if you want.

Jason

Excellent!

I know the 56thFG did the same thing with some of its P-47s to improve the roll rate. It's hard to imagine it made much difference.

The other thing with the 8 50s on the p-47 was often the recoil would slow the plane down quite a bit .. which caused problems on some strafing runs if the pilot was not careful to keep his speed up..

Still very much hoping for a hit-/explosion- soundfix, to get the sound from 1.009 back (was fine there). Right now the game is not enjoyable for me, i stopped playing it, and i am not interested in any further development till this get's sorted out  :mellow:

• Upvote 2
  • 1CGS

? only P-40?? No any update on BOS?

What is your next step to improve BOS?

This April (that's when v.1.011 is going to be published) Velikie Luki map (165 x 100 km size) and Ju 52 will become available to all Battle of Stalingrad pilot for free.

Also we’re working on the Summer and Fall Stalingrad maps which are going to distributed freely among all BOS players in Q3 2015.

Will the P-40 be able to carry RS-82 rockets?

We'll announce P-40 modifications in the Developer Diary later.

• Upvote 4

Question: do I need to purchase BOS to get the P40? ie. can I not purchase BOS and still purchase the P40 only?

The BOM pre-order page states: "Special Aircraft Set: Buyers of the Premium Edition will also get access to a couple more special aircraft (P-40 E-1 and MC.202 Series VIII) which cannot be obtained in the game, but can be purchased in our store after launch."

Edited by cfnz

I think it is just the angle of the pics, plus the sharks teeth always make it look bigger in photos.

Didn't the scope design also change with version? The E was a Kittihawk I with an Allison, the later Kittihawk II and Warhawks had Packard Merlins. I beieve they had somewhat larger intakes.

Didn't the scope design also change with version? The E was a Kittihawk I with an Allison, the later Kittihawk II and Warhawks had Packard Merlins. I beieve they had somewhat larger intakes.

You may be right: looking at the models in this thread there is a clear difference in intake sizes, so I suppose it is a matter of which one sticks in the mind as the "ur-kittihawk". Surely some expert has chapter and verse?

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234973552-48th-scale-kittyhawk-mkii-mkiii-3-sqn-raaf-5-sqn-saaf-italy-1944/

On the subject of painting on shark's teeth to make it look bigger, this has given me an idea for a new range of prophylactics...

Edited by unreasonable

Surely some expert has chapter and verse?

Seems the change came with the F-model:

http://www.aviation-history.com/curtiss/p40.html

Quote:

This was reduced slightly in the YP-40F, which, like later variants, had the Packard-built Merlin V-1650-1 and revised cooling, the air intake above the cowling being incorporated in the radiator scoop.

This April (that's when v.1.011 is going to be published) Velikie Luki map (165 x 100 km size) and Ju 52 will become available to all Battle of Stalingrad pilot for free.

Also we’re working on the Summer and Fall Stalingrad maps which are going to distributed freely among all BOS players in Q3 2015.

We'll announce P-40 modifications in the Developer Diary later.

Very good news . :)