StG77_Roo5ter

A Reasonable Plan to Expand the Player Base

You want options for difficulty for auto rudder, auto-pilot, CEM etc, no?  It would be just as easy to "hack" these into an expert server as to change anything else.

I don't consider things like that to be as important as FM issues.  If you find a way to hack CEM into an expert setting you're just making your aircraft perform worse.  I don't have a problem with that.

It's 2015 and we're playing BoS. Different time, different game.

Still a realistic flight simulator

I'm pretty sure there's a fallacy in your sentiment here, I'm just too lazy to look up which one.

I look forward to the day you get more rest and a 2nd cup of coffee.. ;)

Congrats on being old!

Thanks!

It is so hard to find kids these days with enough respect for their elders such that they take the time congratulate them!

Was the flight sim AI really great when the graphics consisted of a few lines that kind of looked like a plane?

Not sure the amount of extra effort that went into AI can campaigns back in the day had as much to do with the graphics as much as it had to do with playing online was not really an option for the masses, as I noted, I use to pay $12/hr to play Air Warrior back in the early 90s, most people than and now could not afford to do that. Thus offline was the only real option and where the majority of the focus of flight sim makers went

Hope that helps!

Some have mentioned  the popularity of War Blunder online, if you look at that, most people that play are in arcade mode and not sim mode so realism flies out the window.

That was the core of my point when I mentioned War Blunder..

BSR doesn't like playing with robots in SP but even in expert mode on BoS you have unrealistic and ridiculous behaviour from human opponents, from spawn killing ramming and intentional friendly fire etc.

Bingo!

A hyper lobby, better in game chat and full Co Op mode would go a long way to helping MP numbers.

Agreed 100%

Not sure the amount of extra effort that went into AI can campaigns back in the day had as much to do with the graphics as much as it had to do with playing online was not really an option for the masses, as I noted, I use to pay $12/hr to play Air Warrior back in the early 90s, most people than and now could not afford to do that. Thus offline was the only real option and where the majority of the focus of flight sim makers went

The early 90s wasn't 30 years ago, it was 20 years ago.  I was playing Red Baron over 20 years ago.  There was not much that could be considered AI at that time.  Prior to Red Baron there were mostly games that consisted of a bunch of lines that if you squinted you might think it looked like a plane.  I'm pretty sure your AI "experience" from those days is as relevant as your time spent at the wheel of your Model T.  

Some have mentioned  the popularity of War Blunder online, if you look at that, most people that play are in arcade mode and not sim mode so realism flies out the window.  BSR doesn't like playing with robots in SP but even in expert mode on BoS you have unrealistic and ridiculous behaviour from human opponents, from spawn killing ramming and intentional friendly fire etc. A hyper lobby, better in game chat and full Co Op mode would go a long way to helping MP numbers.  

Even so, there are more people playing SB in War Thunder than BoS currently.  

Edited by [TWB]dillon_biz

BraveSirRobin thread derails - 2

Productive conversations being taken for the benefit of the game by everyone ignoring the obvious asshat troll - 0

• Upvote 1

The early 90s wasn't 30 years ago, it was 20 years ago.

So?

Ah, I see where your confused.. Go back and read what I wrote, and note, I said 20+ years ONLINE and 30+ years OFFLINE

I was playing Red Baron over 20 years ago.  There was not much that could be considered AI at that time.

That is your opinion and your welcome to it

Prior to Red Baron there were mostly games that consisted of a bunch of lines that if you squinted you might think it looked like a plane.  I'm pretty sure your AI "experience" from those days is as relevant as your time spent at the wheel of your Model T.

Guess we will have to agree to disa.. Oh wait, your no able to do that are you? Well, maybe someday you will be! Hang in there

Even so, there are more people playing SB in War Thunder than BoS currently.  

Not arguing with you, but WT is much more popular in arcade than sim mode, we all know that flight sims are a niche product and IMHO WT hasn't really aimed for a simulation. 

Not arguing with you, but WT is much more popular in arcade than sim mode, we all know that flight sims are a niche product and IMHO WT hasn't really aimed for a simulation. 

I used to love some old school flight sims about 15+ years ago.  Stayed out of it for a long long time because those flight sim guys are some weird breed of nerd.  Anyways got into WT arcade.  I was told how about Sim was and it was a bunch of bs.  I started playing it and lo and behold had a blast.   Played it enough and was frustrated. 

Then comes IL2.  Everyone can bash WT all they want but its a great funnel and Im glad it got me to this point.

• Upvote 1

I used to love some old school flight sims about 15+ years ago.  Stayed out of it for a long long time because those flight sim guys are some weird breed of nerd.  Anyways got into WT arcade.  I was told how about Sim was and it was a bunch of bs.  I started playing it and lo and behold had a blast.   Played it enough and was frustrated. 

Then comes IL2.  Everyone can bash WT all they want but its a great funnel and Im glad it got me to this point.

I'm not going to bash WT, I have played it too and its fun to a point but the simulation side(I think they threw it in to attract us nerdy types!) is like a wasteland (as BoS MP can be!) I really enjoy playing BoS but the campaign is sorely lacking and is lets be honest is not a campaign. As already said Hyper lobby, true Co Op mode and better in game chat I'm sure would help.

Edited by OriginalCustard

Still a realistic flight simulator

I look forward to the day you get more rest and a 2nd cup of coffee.. ;)

Just got a break from work and imbibed a sugary energy drink...aaaand it's coming to me.......Non sequitur! 

so that I did not have to put up with MP whinging about balance, vulching, cheating and modding. No doubt many MP players regard all expenditure on AI and SP campaigns and missions as being wasted money that could have been spent on bigger servers and more detailed statistics databases or whatever it is that they want.

Why is it "whinging" when only MP players have feedback? Is it not whinging when SP players have similar complaints? Your statement seems unnecessary and unhealthy notion for the discussion. Arguing about what the game needs to bolster its popularity in terms of more SP and less MP and vice-versa is probably the most incorrect way to look at it.

So?

Ah, I see where your confused.. Go back and read what I wrote, and note, I said 20+ years ONLINE and 30+ years OFFLINE

That is your opinion and your welcome to it

Guess we will have to agree to disa.. Oh wait, your no able to do that are you? Well, maybe someday you will be! Hang in there

Honestly, no one cares about your opinions. It's not you two that need to be convinced of each other's points...it's the general gaming public that needs convincing. It's ignorant to think that there aren't deal breaking criticisms on BoS' AI capabilities just as there are arguments about hating MP because you tried it 30 years ago. One of these issues is more easily fixable than the other...and we don't have tools to edit AI behavior on the scale that we need, so you can guess which one that is.

I'm not going to bash WT, I have played it too and its fun to a point but the simulation side(I think they threw it in to attract us nerdy types!) is like a wasteland (as BoS MP can be!) I really enjoy playing BoS but the campaign is sorely lacking and is lets be honest is not a campaign. As already said Hyper lobby, true Co Op mode and better in game chat I'm sure would help.

So what if HyperLobby is made and no one uses it? Then what? What's the next strawman that will be found to use why online is not populated? I see all over the place people wanting this phantom co-op mode that they're holding onto so much. With all the effort on posting complaints about something that is equated to shooting the moon you could have created a place/group/infrastructure for entertaining the very idea you're seeking. I hate to be this guy, but "Be the change you want to see in the world".

I did exactly that in the MP sector...all the missions I was seeing bored me to tears. I stepped up, took some initiative, and created what I wanted to see in this game. Now I can enjoy it every day with a solid group of others. I highly suggest the same course of action for your interests.

I can't speak or count on "what if's" or "was [to be's]". It is what it is, and I can't quantify things that aren't to be things that are. If anything, it's an evolution of how to waste money and ruin a project.

Your extensive knowledge and experience of game development and your intimate knowledge of the SOW  development has lead you to this conclusion?....

Sorry, not sorry. I see them exactly as delusional. CloD wasn't a failure and abandoned because it needed machine guns that sound like someone farting into a mic, new smoke sprites, some gauge changes, new clouds, and a d***headed community leader. It simply was a piss-poor game built on a buggy quickly unsupported engine that plagues people today with issues that make it unplayable. What do you think it is they're changing that isn't scripts? It's exactly what they're doing...a hackjob just like any tinkerer can do glorified by people like you that don't know any better. It's cool though, it's good for people to have something to believe in, so have at it. Just don't go around spouting it's glory thinking people will be on your page.

Oh my...we have graduated from disparaging  generalizations about a group of people to character assassination via immature name calling...bravo! I have no doubt they have all read this and are cowering in a corner clutching each other and begging for your Mercy....glorified?..now now lets not marinate ourselves in mellow drama....the only thing I give them is respect for people who are asking nothing from the community but who are in fact giving back to the community just like it has been happening since 2001 and 2006. I may not like what the people at project reality or invassion44 or forgottenhope2 are doing but I am in no way deluded or arrogant enough to publicly call them out in way lacking very basic respect or class.

I wonder...would you like to show everyone the strength of you convictions and take that  "d***headed community leader" on in a an open dialogue in this forum? or are you just content to talk shit behind someones back who is not actively participating in a conversion...

I know what HyperLobby is. It was a rhetorical question. People are doing similar things with BoS right now minus the automatic "room" creation due to the game mechanics. You're still building obstacles that don't exist. Is it really that impossible to communicate with someone and tell them to join your server? If something like that is difficult, I find it hard that you'd enjoy the kind of games you're attempting to play in the first place.

I'm building obstacles?...OMG you're reaching...  I am talking about key  features that are integral to what is defined as IL2. We all used RogerWilco in the beginning but eventually we all moved to Teamspeak because it was better and had more functions....i wonder what the TS community would say if you asked them to go back to rogerWilco from 10 years ago?......i know! maybe you could tell them there are a myriad of social outlets from which to communicate from.....

Ouch, wrong example, friend. The majority of Battlefield players HATE battlelog. Again...I have to giggle at your standards of success and I thank the gods you're not involved in any aspect of development in this game.

this is nothing more than an erroneous claim unless you have conducted a survey of all BF players  took this information and fed it through the computer of all knowing and it spit back one word....HATE....battlelog is the standard for the BF series and is going nowhere until it is obsolete whether you like it or not.

I don't think you know or really understand what made IL2 so popular...it wasn't the maps it wasn't the planes it wasn't the DF server it wasn't the CO-OP's it wasn't the DCG (dynamic campaign generator) it wasn't IL2 server commander it was hyper lobby it wasn't the MODS it wasn't the  active campaigns it wasn't the variable difficulty setting's....etc it was all of it together , there was something there for almost every taste...it divided us but it also kept us under the same umbrella supporting the same product.

S!

Just got a break from work and imbibed a sugary energy drink...aaaand it's coming to me.......I got nothin!

Fixed that for ya

Honestly, no one cares about your opinions. It's not you two that need to be convinced of each other's points...it's the general gaming public that needs convincing.

Ah, I see your mistake..

Apparently you have me confused with someone that values your opinion of my opinion..

Hope that helps! S!

Edited by ACEOFACES

I think the more important question is how do we generate new players for the entire genre of combat flight simulation?

Be honest and take a look around, not many people playing any combat flight simulation these days.

Figure out why that happened, and how to fix it, then we will be getting somewhere.

Free stuff is not going to draw the numbers to a steep learning curve, heavy financial investment for equipment, title.

This is a cultural problem more than it is a game features issue.

I have no answer to it, I wish I did.

I guess people are looking for the arcade part of it than the "realistic" .It is logical to have this kind of escape as a fun - gaming than to have to  put someones self through a longer to learn  road.

Now  I recon , a simulation that can offer both  realistic and fun game will be able to atttract, along of course with good graphics and so on. After that there are the marketing strategies on how anh how much where and when  each attribute or component of a game can be given for free and so on.

The marketing strategy of the free games is TIME yes you heared right. There are all for free but if you want to advance fast you have to pay.... little here ... little there... through the " currency" of the game and there  you got your developement  asd  player and the developers get their money as well... War thunder though offer LOT's of planes and can be combined also with ground battles  and ground battle players, so this adds up to the  multiplayer- live immersion of the game.

BOS could advance like this with having all the planes and game that one gets when buys the premium or the  normal package and then again can have free theaters and maps with a couple of  free aricraft, that if you want to customize them, advance them and or go to the next model  you will have to produce some battles win some points or lose some  if you lose, then  with the "currency" you can buy up your way to stardoom and so on. Simmilar would be also for the players who already have the game in order to getn new game updates in the form of new airplanes and new theaters. in a logical price of cource...

Attracting many people is the key thing and then give them the option to play the game even partially and option to invest for more in order to advance is the next step... simple as that.

Thinking of the original question, we are missing some important information, like who the target demographic for the game was.  Was it folks migrating from RoF?  Was it IL2 players from past games in the series?  Was it the War Thunder or DCS player looking for something a little different?

Did the game attract its target demographic?  Did it sell as expected?  It must have sold well enough to justify BoM, at least.  

What about retention?  Are the people that bought the game playing it and talking it up to their friends?  Does it even matter?  Once people have bought into BoS, they don't directly generate more revenue, so I'm not sure if it would matter to 777 if I bought the game and never even downloaded it.

The appearance from the outside looking in was that BoS was successful enough that BoM is being released with the same mechanics like unlocks regardless of what the community thought of that design decision.  We might praise or complain or bicker, but obviously for the devs the positives must have outweighed the negatives as far as what they had done and what they were planning on doing.

Seawolf,

All good ideas but this is not the game we have at hand. I don't think there is much interest from the devs on a combined arms game at the moment. ROF has some of the F2P aspects you are offering as well. I like that you are also looking at the marketing aspect of the game which I think is lacking by the devs as well. I was thinking of a thread regarding that while riding the motorcycle into work today. More on that later perhaps.......

Thinking of the original question, we are missing some important information, like who the target demographic for the game was.  Was it folks migrating from RoF?  Was it IL2 players from past games in the series?  Was it the War Thunder or DCS player looking for something a little different?

Did the game attract its target demographic?  Did it sell as expected?  It must have sold well enough to justify BoM, at least.  

What about retention?  Are the people that bought the game playing it and talking it up to their friends?  Does it even matter?  Once people have bought into BoS, they don't directly generate more revenue, so I'm not sure if it would matter to 777 if I bought the game and never even downloaded it.

The appearance from the outside looking in was that BoS was successful enough that BoM is being released with the same mechanics like unlocks regardless of what the community thought of that design decision.  We might praise or complain or bicker, but obviously for the devs the positives must have outweighed the negatives as far as what they had done and what they were planning on doing.

Man, I don't want to tell you you sound like my wife but..........

We had the same marketing argument for twenty minutes and she knows nothing of the game other than it sucks up hours of my time that could be better spent doing work around the house. She is a very successful marketing major with her masters and a high falutin' job at a big silcon valley tech company. She posed all of these queries as a general marketing strategy without know anything about SP vs MP vs hardcore vs WT.

I'm going to pick her brain, make her read some of these threads, round out some marketing/PR ideas I have and post early next week. Sometimes it's frustrating that she is so much smarter than me :)

Edited by HerrMurf

Man, I don't want to tell you you sound like my wife but..........

We had the same marketing argument for twenty minutes and she knows nothing of the game other than it sucks up hours of my time that could be better spent doing work around the house. She is a very successful marketing major with her masters and a high falutin' job at a big silcon valley tech company. She posed all of these queries as a general marketing strategy without know anything about SP vs MP vs hardcore vs WT.

I'm going to pick her brain, make her read some of these threads, round out some marketing/PR ideas I have and post early next week. Sometimes it's frustrating that she is so much smarter than me :)

LOL - kind of ironically, I just left a company in the Bay Area where my primary role was helping marketing types get their message out.

I did exactly that in the MP sector...all the missions I was seeing bored me to tears. I stepped up, took some initiative, and created what I wanted to see in this game. Now I can enjoy it every day with a solid group of others. I highly suggest the same course of action for your interests.
I'm not knocking what you have done but not everyone has the time or the ability to do that and not all of us are testers of BoS. I was not saying things should be done just so. I was merely making suggestions on what I think may help.  

I think WT is fun too.. Just not realistic

Agreed, it is just one of a typical genre of games that is an arcade experience disguised as a simulator.

No, I think ya'll need to ratchet back the moderation.  I like to see this kind of dialogue because it give insight into the actual feelings of the player base, not what white washed bullcorn you guys allow on the forums that are intended to discuss such issues.

In soviet Russia, game comments on you!

There is no problem with the moderation.. and the testosterone needs to be ratcheted back.. As adults surely discussion can be had without the antagonism.. as is evidenced for the most part by the direction this thread has taken since my post on the issue. You also need to knock of the Soviet Russia nonsense as well.. The Soviet Union has been gone for 24 years .. so why go there..?

Word.

And what, exactly, are PM's supposed to do in this situation? No one is flaming anyone, nor is anyone being overly rude or adversarial. To echo Bearcat's previous sentiment, people are entitled to their opinions. A disagreement is not a breach of forum rules and a far cry from a reason for moderation.

Well if you didn't get a PM then you obviously were not part of the problem.. but since you asked... a PM is supposed to treat a potentially disruptive poster like an adult asking him to just chillax.... the problem arises when the disagreement turns into a back and forth derail between multiple participants.. usually in many cases here (on the BoS boards) involving two particular folks in this thread.. and occasionally some others..

The problem here, IMHO, is that an OP about how to expand the player base has morphed into an MP vs Sp "my game is good and your is boring" insult fest. Which is not going to generate any ideas for expanding the player base, given that 1CGS believes that it has to offer both play styles to be successful.

If I was a billionaire I would finance an high fidelity sim with no MP functionality so that I did not have to put up with MP whinging about balance, vulching, cheating and modding. No doubt many MP players regard all expenditure on AI and SP campaigns and missions as being wasted money that could have been spent on bigger servers and more detailed statistics databases or whatever it is that they want.

The fact is that unless the designers choose to decide that they aim to service only one sector of the market, the result will have to be a compromise.

That is part of it.. yes...

The mission designer has absolutely nothing to do with how the AI behaves.

The people banging the tables in this forum are a tiny fraction of the people who play the game.  I'm not talking from my own view.  The devs have the stats that show that hardly anyone plays the campaign.  Jason has posted as much on this forum.

Sure he does.. I have never designed a mission in BoS.. but in IL2 I found that by mixing up the AI between rookie and ace.. say .. flight leads as veteran or ace.. with some wingmen as rookies or average .. you could indeed affect the overall AI experience that you had in a given mission.. that is what I mean by some of that is up to the mission designer.. When you set them all as ace.. or all as rookie.. etc.. you get that very predictable AI experience.. That is even more so after 4.12 in IL2.. I imagine the BoS AI will be similar.. but I don't know ..I have never used the ME..

The best way to expand the player base IMO is to offer as many options as possible in terms of scalability regarding not only FMs but user aids etc.. If  I have said it once I have said it a thousand times.. IL2 got it right in mostly every aspect.. and any sim that starts there and expands will have a player base that can go from total noob never touched a sim .. to 20 year veteran...

LOL - kind of ironically, I just left a company in the Bay Area where my primary role was helping marketing types get their message out.

You're hired!!!

~S

Your extensive knowledge and experience of game development and your intimate knowledge of the SOW  development has lead you to this conclusion?....

What? That has nothing to do with the failure of CloD as an industry supported project.

Oh my...we have graduated from disparaging  generalizations about a group of people to character assassination via immature name calling...bravo! I have no doubt they have all read this and are cowering in a corner clutching each other and begging for your Mercy....glorified?..now now lets not marinate ourselves in mellow drama....the only thing I give them is respect for people who are asking nothing from the community but who are in fact giving back to the community just like it has been happening since 2001 and 2006. I may not like what the people at project reality or invassion44 or forgottenhope2 are doing but I am in no way deluded or arrogant enough to publicly call them out in way lacking very basic respect or class.

I wonder...would you like to show everyone the strength of you convictions and take that  "d***headed community leader" on in a an open dialogue in this forum? or are you just content to talk shit behind someones back who is not actively participating in a conversion...

Hah, you obviously haven't been watching the forums enough to catch my conversations with said community leader. I'm more than content to say my parts in direct company, but apparently when a truth is said in aforementioned's company in aforementioned company's forums that he doesn't like or want to explain that his beliefs are wrong, you get banned without explanation.

It's my firm belief that the anti-BoS sentiments held by the CloD communities specifically are affecting the CFS market/community way more adversely than their mods and tweaks are improving it. They have an insanely ignorant approach to this industry and its community involvement and perpetuate an even more ignorant argument that has no winner or positive results (talking about the BoS vs CloD bickering). In fact, there were once offers made between both CloD community and 777 devs that would have anyone jumping for joy...but they refused because: not CloD. They'd rather stick to an unsupported and slowly dying paradigm than use their skills to make something new. Lots of stuff going on in the background that you and I don't know about there.

I'm building obstacles?...OMG you're reaching...  I am talking about key  features that are integral to what is defined as IL2. We all used RogerWilco in the beginning but eventually we all moved to Teamspeak because it was better and had more functions....i wonder what the TS community would say if you asked them to go back to rogerWilco from 10 years ago?......i know! maybe you could tell them there are a myriad of social outlets from which to communicate from.....

I'm doing what I want with the game, and I'm having fun. I'm telling you that what you want to do with the game is possible...instead of even attempting to ask me how, here you are still complaining and creating obstacles for yourself. Self defeating and still not getting what you want. Call it whatever you want or rip whatever label I put on you off, but bottomline is: The tools are available, accessible, and capable of providing exactly what you want. You won't get it until you try. 

this is nothing more than an erroneous claim unless you have conducted a survey of all BF players  took this information and fed it through the computer of all knowing and it spit back one word....HATE....battlelog is the standard for the BF series and is going nowhere until it is obsolete whether you like it or not.

Right, so when you say Battlelog is awesome and well liked, your word is set-in-stone-truth. I say Battlelog sucks, then I need a supercomputer to prove it. Seems legit.

Just for comparison here is some quick Google Fu as a quick litmus test:

The bad:

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+crap

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+shitty

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+stupid

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+sucks

The Good:

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+rocks

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+awesome

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+great

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+good

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+adequate

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+revolutionary

https://www.google.com/search?q=battlelog+sucks&oq=battlelog+sucks&aqs=chrome..69i57.1661j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=battlelog+is+amazing

I can find a whole heap of Battlelog related complaints in "The bad" searches, can't find anything related to Battlelog that implies there are any positive sentiments towards it in "The Good" searches. It's a bit of junk science, this little test, but if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...it's probably a shitty public reception of Battlelog duck. Whether it's going anywhere whether I like it or not is not the issue, nor does it matter if I like it or not.

Aaaaanyway, since this is horribly off-topic and you're no longer even attempting to contribute to the thread and just want to address me specifically, this is probably better suited for PM if you want to continue this attack on me and my opinions...which I don't, so don't expect a reply in any medium. 

It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3-forum-rules-v102/?do=findComment&comment=12

I'm not sure they're talking bout feelings here LukeFF, but you get the tattling turtle trophy!    Congratulations, everyone loses.
Edited by Bearcat

Guys... lets keep this on topic and not get personal.

I don't think you know or really understand what made IL2 so popular...it wasn't the maps it wasn't the planes it wasn't the DF server it wasn't the CO-OP's it wasn't the DCG (dynamic campaign generator) it wasn't IL2 server commander it was hyper lobby it wasn't the MODS it wasn't the  active campaigns it wasn't the variable difficulty setting's....etc it was all of it together , there was something there for almost every taste...it divided us but it also kept us under the same umbrella supporting the same product.

IL2 didn't have a poisonous 5th column who set about to try and destroy it at every turn from my memory.

What? That has nothing to do with the failure of CloD as an industry supported project.

what is SOW?

Hah, you obviously haven't been watching the forums enough to catch my conversations with said community leader. I'm more than content to say my parts in direct company, but apparently when a truth is said in aforementioned's company in aforementioned company's forums that he doesn't like or want to explain that his beliefs are wrong, you get banned without explanation.

So this post was the appropriate venue for you to take jabs at people your have a PERSONAL problem with? and follow it up with a tirade about their leader? may I ask how you came to the conclusion that was beneficial to the topic at hand?....

It's my firm belief that the anti-BoS sentiments held by the CloD communities specifically are affecting the CFS market/community way more adversely than their mods and tweaks are improving it. They have an insanely ignorant approach to this industry and its community involvement and perpetuate an even more ignorant argument that has no winner or positive results (talking about the BoS vs CloD bickering). In fact, there were once offers made between both CloD community and 777 devs that would have anyone jumping for joy...but they refused because: not CloD. They'd rather stick to an unsupported and slowly dying paradigm than use their skills to make something new. Lots of stuff going on in the background that you and I don't know about there.

Whatever your "beliefs" are  does not justify you making commentary in a derogatory manner in a post that has nothing what so ever to do with your feelings about a group of people is not only inappropriate but counter productive.

prey tell what "offer " does thou speak of? If i remember correctly there was never a chance 777 was going to take on the continuation of the CLoD engine, you see there was a crap load of drama and staff shake ups in the last 2 years of development with CLoD which lead to a lot of rewrites and attempts to take short cuts to make up the time coupled with missing documentation, so woud be very curios as to what was "offered'

I'm doing what I want with the game, and I'm having fun. I'm telling you that what you want to do with the game is possible...instead of even attempting to ask me how, here you are still complaining and creating obstacles for yourself. Self defeating and still not getting what you want. Call it whatever you want or rip whatever label I put on you off, but bottomline is: The tools are available, accessible, and capable of providing exactly what you want. You won't get it until you try.

If that were truly the case me and you would not be having this conversation...you keep insisting that i am creating obstacles for myself but at the same time you admit the game mechanics will not allow an actual CO-OP and then you berate people whom you claim lack "initiative" because that don't want to engage is some tedious and unnecessary task of getting and dserver account and then find any number of "social media" that is available to arrange and CO-OP and then engage in some half ass method of getting it going...are you completely oblivious to how dead the MP scene? do you not understand why it is so dead? i am beginning to think you really don't know.

Right, so when you say Battlelog is awesome and well liked, your word is set-in-stone-truth. I say Battlelog sucks, then I need a supercomputer to prove it. Seems legit.

Just for comparison here is some quick Google Fu as a quick litmus test:

The bad:

https://www.google.c...ttlelog is crap

https://www.google.c...lelog is shitty

https://www.google.c...lelog is stupid

https://www.google.c...battlelog sucks

The Good:

https://www.google.c...battlelog rocks

https://www.google.c...elog is awesome

https://www.google.c...tlelog is great

https://www.google.c...ttlelog is good

https://www.google.c...log is adequate

https://www.google.c...s revolutionary

https://www.google.c...elog is amazing

I can find a whole heap of Battlelog related complaints in "The bad" searches, can't find anything related to Battlelog that implies there are any positive sentiments towards it in "The Good" searches. It's a bit of junk science, this little test, but if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...it's probably a shitty public reception of Battlelog duck. Whether it's going anywhere whether I like it or not is not the issue, nor does it matter if I like it or not.

Well kitten why don't you take your links and your opinion over to EA I am sure they will realize you are right and immediately pull battlelog and revert to the old browser and all the amenities and features that have become status quo will not be missed at all....or in the really real world the shit storm of backlash would be epic and dwarf all the nay sayers...

Aaaaanyway, since this is horribly off-topic and you're no longer even attempting to contribute to the thread and just want to address me specifically, this is probably better suited for PM if you want to continue this attack on me and my opinions...which I don't, so don't expect a reply in any medium.

don't try and take the high ride when yoou are the one at fault.

A. you are the one who stated the unnecessary attacks.

B. I already stated my opinion about the OP's topic (contributed)

C. If you had been able to show a modicum  of restraint and not bring your personal issues with a another group of people into this post we would not be having this conversation.

how would you like to proceed?

Never thought of it that way but that is a pretty accurate representation.

huh?

IL2 didn't have a poisonous 5th column who set about to try and destroy it at every turn from my memory.

you're right Emil... i confess it was me who...

took away the video options

took away the 64 player servers

removed the CO-OP feature

put the unlocks in

removed the ability to host  locally

sold a $12 version in russia while making the full price people grind through the same unlocks

dumb down the browser to circa 2000...

poisonous 5th column...cmon man give me a break , stop blaming people for calling BS when they see it.

Edited by T-oddball

Ignorance.

goody goody the one word game...ummmmm how about imbecile?..no no you already used that..Ive got it!!!  ignore! (list)...

• Upvote 1

Only one thing seem to be constant, even the best SP players get their butts handed to them in MP until they get some experience.

That still does not tell me something. At least what's the point of it. ?  Challenge is all about proving something to someone, even yourself.

If I want just challenge I will go to a sport, not a game. Point is to have fun,or entertainment, to find it interesting playing this or other way. ( Multi Player or single player)

That still does not tell me something. At least what's the point of it. ?  Challenge is all about proving something to someone, even yourself.

If I want just challenge I will go to a sport, not a game. Point is to have fun,or entertainment, to find it interesting playing this or other way. ( Multi Player or single player)

If you're not interested in being challenged then maybe a game that simulates fighting in a war is not for you.

• Upvote 1

".... feature set regression (no CO-OP, cant host local, max 48 player...etc).

If you really want to increase the player base it might be a good idea to get a lot of the players who have been alienated by successive il advised dev decisions...and I think a true bare minimum would be CO-OP,local host followed by a game browser that has the basic or improved functions of hyperlobby.

I think you really just want to play IL2: 1946 is what it boils down to.

And is this, what the typical il-2'46 player want is a game that replicate the "il-2'46" experience - which not resume in a game that has the il-2 (plane). BTW - WT had il-2. :)

So the fact is, generally from formerly 30+ il-2'46 squad, 4 or 5 members are here...

But we know, il-2'46 was not "success", "COOP mode was not popular game mode", OM single player statistics are wrong - be sure. Etc. etc. 

If you're not interested in being challenged then maybe a game that simulates fighting in a war is not for you.

Well that fact may be valid for you but definitely not for me. Besides, you are not in a position to know what is for others and what's not.

Everyone has it's own tastes. Generally challenge is about  proving something, I got nothing to prove to anyone, not even to myself about a game, simple as that.

Now when I will decide to kick some butt for fun in Multi player I will do so.

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

Now when I will decide to kick some butt for fun in Multi player I will do so.

I'm sure that everyone in the server will just lay down so as not to challenge you...   :rolleyes:

I'm sure that everyone in the server will just lay down so as not to challenge you...   :rolleyes:

It is a matter of entertainment ,not one of a challenge for me. Of course you can be "sure" about many things you do not know or suppose, but that's not smart anyway.

I'm so confused by the statements being made about challenges here, wtf.

Don't have to be  confused. simply others take the game as a challenge and others as entertainment. I am on the second category.(game= entertainment)

Edited by AvengerSeawolf

Fixed that for ya

Ah, I see your mistake..

Apparently you have me confused with someone that values your opinion of my opinion..

Hope that helps! S!

You will never change will ya ACE and you were banned for an eternity on the Hyper lobby.

You were much worse then though I do admit.

You will never change will ya ACE

Nope, got a good thing going, no need to change!

and you were banned for an eternity on the Hyper lobby.

You must have me confused with someone else, Please get your facts straight before you falsely accuse someone of such crap. I was never banned from Hyper Lobby.

You were much worse then though I do admit.

Ah, I see your mistake..

Apparently you have me confused with someone that values your opinion of me