BlackSix

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Pre-Order Program

Got it today, Jan 1st, prompted by the awesomeness that is the BOM map. Well done devs, looking mighty good!

What about the graphics BoS vs. BoM ?

It's the same. Think of BoS and BoM as two different chapters in the same Il-2 book.

I pre-ordered BoM Standard edition but can I purchase the C.202 independently?  

Hard to skin the bird and not fly it.  ;)

you will be able to purchase it seperately once BoM is released

Edited by I./JG3_Asgar

I pre-ordered BoM Standard edition but can I purchase the C.202 independently?  

Hard to skin the bird and not fly it.   ;)

Yes, but this option will be available later.

With most of the BoM aircraft ( with the exception of the Ju-88) being available soon ( maybe this week...) & the map obviously well along has the release date changed? I assume a few missions & a new and improved campaign are being built in parellel with all the bits & pieces? ;)

DEV's said BOM is on schedule for a spring release in a post or comment earlier this week.

edit: BOM

Edited by [LBS]HerrMurf

It's the same. Think of BoS and BoM as two different chapters in the same Il-2 book.

So, we only pay for a new map ?!

So, we only pay for a new map ?!

Huh? You're also paying for all the planes that come with the game.

Huh? You're also paying for all the planes that come with the game.

Like the Mig, the P-40.. the 110.. the 88 .. the I-16... the...

Are there already some capmaigns / single player / quick missions, for BoM ?

I'm confused. I bought IL2 BOS early access, because at the time I thought it would have rift support. I've only recently started playing it, and am having a blast with the HE 111 and the Stuka.

Today I found out about BOM. Is this going to be a new stand alone game ? or a bolt on expansion with new planes and campaigns for BOS ?

If it's a new stand alone game, will the game engine render in dx11 or greater making VR support possible ? Seems such a shame to have these wonderful flight sims that don't adopt VR for that truly immersive experience.

I'm confused. I bought IL2 BOS early access, because at the time I thought it would have rift support. I've only recently started playing it, and am having a blast with the HE 111 and the Stuka.

Today I found out about BOM. Is this going to be a new stand alone game ? or a bolt on expansion with new planes and campaigns for BOS ?

If it's a new stand alone game, will the game engine render in dx11 or greater making VR support possible ? Seems such a shame to have these wonderful flight sims that don't adopt VR for that truly immersive experience.

Bolt on expansion that can be played without BOS if you dont want BOS

Factually speaking, the Il-2 Sturmovik engine is the platform, while Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Moscow are the additions to it. This means that updates are delivered across the board, so once VR implementation (Rift dropped the ball on them early on the development and broke their implementation halfway) plus DX11/12 support and so on come into play you will have that for both Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad. This is in most ways similar to DCS if you are familiar with that format.

This means that updates are delivered across the board, so once VR implementation (Rift dropped the ball on them early on the development and broke their implementation halfway) plus DX11/12 support and so on come into play you will have that for both Battle of Moscow and Battle of Stalingrad. This is in most ways similar to DCS if you are familiar with that format.

Although that would be the most desirable way of future upgrades i would let the devs speak on whether future DX upgrades will be retroactive. It would break the continuity of the game buy it might be easier to just do it on a going forward basis.

That's always a possibility, but if it comes to that I would believe something similar to DCS would happen over time, where products are either upgraded if time and budget allow, or are relaunched as new products brought up to standard. If you look at it, they have sold Flanker 1.0, Flanker 2, Lock On Modern AIr Combat, Lock On: Flaming Cliffs, Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 and DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 as new products, even though these are by and large improvements on the previous version brought up to new engine standards, same for DCS: Black Shark and DCS: Black Shark 2. No problem with that of course, since the new upgrades always did push the bar way higher.

But you are correct, when the time comes the developers and producers will fill us in :)

test 

ı have premium bos and bom .open unlocks all planes exist but cant use skıns

Skins have to be unlock. With premium account you can unlock weapon only. For the skin, you have to unlock it, or use custom skin you can download.

ı have premium bos and bom .open unlocks all planes exist but cant use skıns

You've to play campaign to unlock skins.

When is BOM having a sale? i thought i read somewhere that you coud get a discount but i only see BOS with 50% off atm

Regards S!

Edited by Rowddy

When is BOM having a sale? i thought i read somewhere that you coud get a discount but i only see BOS with 50% off atm

Regards S!

Too soon for that. BoM is still in early access right now so technically it hasn't released.

The sale is a great opportunity to pick up BoS if you haven't already (and then combine it now or later with BoM) or grab the Premium planes if you haven't already. I'm sure there will be a BoM sale sometime after launch.

Guest deleted@30725

I don't get it.

I don't play bos for 1 year. I have the 3 ww2 planes in DCS so I'm like dcs, coool, woo, and then never play the ww2 planes (the point of the game for me), I load up clod and like 'oooh spitfire, ooh 109E4' ooh, this is FUN. Log in to bos, hate the controls. Angrily fiddle with them and get them sorted, start shooting stuff down, start enjoying the map and new content, start noticing actual mp ww2 servers, discover the addon for bom with some new shinies, get interested in battle of moscow. Start watching days worth of youtube on it. Drop a bunch of DCS modules and then use the funds to buy bom. Start to realize that the eastern front is a refreshing change to all the 'AMERICA!!'. Starts to look for UK airshows where he can see some of the Russian planes flying.

Stat flying bom and loving the atmosphere and stuff to shoot, realize I don't miss being able to click every switch. Realize I can dip in and out as time permits. MP is fun, the tanks are fun. The AI are actually flyable against. Heh. FMS not as good as DCS? Who cares when it's almost as good. I don't expect to fly a 109 to actually find out :P

Just waiting for the official release so I can buy the Italian plane separate and that was kinda the plane I wanted most - my meager funds would not stretch to the premium so I'll play the game for the unlocks ;)

Hey ho, plenty of flying before then.

Cheers Team. 

Edited by deleted@30725