BlackSix

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow Pre-Order Program

Anyway the important thing is that, eventually, you too will come to BOM... :P

No, I won't. :mellow:

Right now (and for the foreseeable future), 777's IL-2 doesn't do anything that makes a CFS enjoyable for me - no large scale multiplayer campaigns, no support for large numbers of AI, questionable flight models, a poor visual DM, no coop, no dynamic campaign support, no mod support... I could make a list but I won't bother.

The important thing is learning to speak for yourself... But it's entirely misinformation to say that this game was built from scratch - it absolutely wasn't.

Edited by 4./JG26_Adler

No, I won't. :mellow:

Right now (and for the foreseeable future), 777's IL-2 doesn't do anything that makes a CFS enjoyable for me - no large scale multiplayer campaigns, no support for large numbers of AI, questionable flight models, a poor visual DM, no coop, no dynamic campaign support, no mod support... I could make a list but I won't bother.

The important thing is learning to speak for yourself... But it's entirely misinformation to say that this game was built from scratch - it absolutely wasn't.

Seriously.

Yes that's true, you're right, some parts were apparently taken from other programs/games, all my apologizes! :thank_you:

However, I'm sure that many parts of it were not made before, and that it was a hard job to put all together in a new sim that quickly and in such a brilliant manner! That is just what i want to say, nothing more, sorry again to all people offended or mislead!

More seriously.

I get that the important thing for you in this discussion about BOM and the future of CFS is learning to speak for yourself, and i really hope that one day you will be able to do it and not let pride, hubris and vanity speak for yourself like so many arrogant and inflexible people do!

But now suddenly thinking of it: if you do not come in IL2 BOM i fear you won't have much to speak about around here in the future then??? :scratch_one-s_head:  (not that it would bother me, i respect your definitive choice on the matter: we won't see you in BOM. I have great respect for people like you that can see the future and that keep their word.)

Sorry I really wasn't trying to speak for yourself, or make you angry, just trying to make you change your mind and come in IL2BOM so that i can enjoy your "ultimate" posts about the game in the future. :)

Ok here we go, and also have BOS Premium but that bar not showing up?

The reason maybe is that I bought BOS on Steam?

Edited by saxonwarrior

Seriously.

Yes that's true, you're right, some parts were apparently taken from other programs/games, all my apologizes! :thank_you:

However, I'm sure that many parts of it were not made before, and that it was a hard job to put all together in a new sim that quickly and in such a brilliant manner! That is just what i want to say, nothing more, sorry again to all people offended or mislead!

More seriously.

I get that the important thing for you in this discussion about BOM and the future of CFS is learning to speak for yourself, and i really hope that one day you will be able to do it and not let pride, hubris and vanity speak for yourself like so many arrogant and inflexible people do!

But now suddenly thinking of it: if you do not come in IL2 BOM i fear you won't have much to speak about around here in the future then??? :scratch_one-s_head:  (not that it would bother me, i respect your definitive choice on the matter: we won't see you in BOM. I have great respect for people like you that can see the future and that keep their word.)

Sorry I really wasn't trying to speak for yourself, or make you angry, just trying to make you change your mind and come in IL2BOM so that i can enjoy your "ultimate" posts about the game in the future. :)

Not sure what pride, hubris and vanity have anything to do with... anything... for that matter...

It's pretty simple so I will go ahead and quote myself: 

Very little of BOS "does it" for me and as long as BOM is bound by the same misguided design choices it is unlikely 777's IL-2 is going to come close to the utilitarian value I get from other CFSs.

Sure, the dynamic weather is cool, the volumetric clouds are neat (when they don't look like aliased hell...) and the only reason I have it installed is for a taste of the Ju87 mit Bordkanone - otherwise...  :nea:The inability to handle numerous assets efficiently really throws the towel in for me...

It is highly unlikely any of those things between BOS/BOM are going to change - it's as simple as that... And until anything does change I will (and likely those in my group) continue to fly in our 80+ populated server with 100 AI flying historically inspired missions. 

If BOS could do half of the things ACG requires for our campaigns I would have less of a problem (questionable FM's aside)... But like I said... Not going to happen any time soon.

Edited by 4./JG26_Adler
  • Upvote 5

If I bought BOS on steam, how do I go about pre-ordering BOM and combining the accounts? 

If I bought BOS on steam, how do I go about pre-ordering BOM and combining the accounts? 

It's on the  front page of the main website ;)

Steam users: Even if you have BOS activated on Steam now, you can pre-order BOM on our site today using your user account (registered email on our site) in which any BOS edition was previously activated. You can activate the key on our site and get access to BOM content during Early Access. Then when BOM is released on Steam you will have an opportunity to deactivate the key on our site and get a Steam key from us and activate it on the Steam page to add BOM in your Steam game-library. Then activate the key on our site and get access to the game without losing all your early game experience on your user account. 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15962-how-get-bos-steam/?do=findComment&comment=254250

Edited by JG5_Custard

It is highly unlikely any of those things between BOS/BOM are going to change - it's as simple as that... And until anything does change I will (and likely those in my group) continue to fly in our 80+ populated server with 100 AI flying historically inspired missions. If BOS could do half of the things ACG requires for our campaigns I would have less of a problem (questionable FM's aside)... But like I said... Not going to happen any time soon.

I respect your viewpoint but unless you have squad nights in clod, the servers are more often less populated than in Bos . Furthermore, while I can appreciate its lovely to have 100 AI flying quite frankly the AI in clod sucks. When considering questionable FM's I question Clods all the time from it's "run on rails" handling to the rudimentary take off and landing procedures. The fact that literally 1000's and 1000's of hours have been invested in Clod over a fair number of years and we still have FM and AI issues with it never really seems to be considered.

We all have our favourite sim to fly, yours is Clod mine is Bos, so we are not going to agree from that point of view. I'm sure you can agree though that both have issues? Constructive criticism is a good thing, but I would hope as a very niche community that we do at least try and support the development of WWII flight sims because there are really not that many out there.

Regards

Custard        

• Upvote 3

Ok here we go, and also have BOS Premium but that bar not showing up?

The reason maybe is that I bought BOS on Steam?

Click on your name in the upper right corner. Click My Profile>Edit My Profile> and then scroll down op the bottom where you will see Tags. Click accordingly.

I respect your viewpoint but unless you have squad nights in clod, the servers are more often less populated than in Bos . Furthermore, while I can appreciate its lovely to have 100 AI flying quite frankly the AI in clod sucks. When considering questionable FM's I question Clods all the time from it's "run on rails" handling to the rudimentary take off and landing procedures. The fact that literally 1000's and 1000's of hours have been invested in Clod over a fair number of years and we still have FM and AI issues with it never really seems to be considered.

We all have our favourite sim to fly, yours is Clod mine is Bos, so we are not going to agree from that point of view. I'm sure you can agree though that both have issues? Constructive criticism is a good thing, but I would hope as a very niche community that we do at least try and support the development of WWII flight sims because there are really not that many out there.

Regards

Custard        

In my experience, all the fighters in BoS do is dive to ground level and run away. 

• Upvote 1

Just throwing this in, you misunderstood him:

AI in ACG does mostly bomber stuff (for ambient reasons) and possibly stuff with planes that are not flyable for humans (Defiants, various waterplanes and such things, again for ambient reasons).

And ACG is very much squad-night oriented. The organised, historical sortie thing is the whole idea behind ACG after all.

• Upvote 1

AI in ACG does mostly bomber stuff (for ambient reasons) and possibly stuff with planes that are not flyable for humans (Defiants, various waterplanes and such things, again for ambient reasons).

And ACG is very much squad-night oriented. The organised, historical sortie thing is the whole idea behind ACG after all.

Yup.

[Edited]

Edited by Bearcat
Not in this thread... there is a forum for that

Yup.

[Edited]

Is this about BOS ?  If not, it is off topic, and should be posted in the advertisement section for other sims. 

• Upvote 1

In my experience, all the fighters in BoS do is dive to ground level and run away.
In my experience you take off in Clod with your ai wingmen fly towards the objective and 9 times out of 10 after around 3 minutes of flight time get the message "this is acorn...I'm going back to base"  and you are suddenly short because he heads back to base for no reason whatsoever. You engage the ai enemy high and after a few minutes they will break off and head towards the deck flying straight and level all the way back to their base.

To a degree I didn't and I'm not knocking what CLOD can do in terms of customisation but it's got several years head start on Bos. I remember the huge levels of criticism that was aimed at Clod and particularly it's developers and it then of course they went belly up. I admire very much the work that the modding community have put in but there are still the problems I mentioned in my last post. If I went on the ATAG forum and started posting the levels of criticism that we get on this forum I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Back on topic, I really am looking forward to two aircraft in the BoM set, the Ju 88 and the Bf 110. Roll on July.     

I wonder if the Devs have something beyond BoM.  New Planes, Maps, Theatre that all doesn't count. The game is boring for me because of his limitation. With the FME where I reached his limit where I can't go further and beyond. Modding only for the talented people class. MP player count is still the same and improvements here are just dreaming. 

With RoF I had more fun.

It's on the  front page of the main website ;)

Steam users: Even if you have BOS activated on Steam now, you can pre-order BOM on our site today using your user account (registered email on our site) in which any BOS edition was previously activated. You can activate the key on our site and get access to BOM content during Early Access. Then when BOM is released on Steam you will have an opportunity to deactivate the key on our site and get a Steam key from us and activate it on the Steam page to add BOM in your Steam game-library. Then activate the key on our site and get access to the game without losing all your early game experience on your user account. 

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15962-how-get-bos-steam/?do=findComment&comment=254250

Hah! You got me - I didn't even think to check.. i've become so lazy lol

Thanks!

Im on the fence for pre-ordering, im waiting to see what if any other features will be exclusive to BOS besides new maps and planes. Hoping for better campaigns and multiplayer in the future but not  holding my breath..

If the campaigns alone were more immersive or even more dynamic with career tracking, medals, promotions, wingmen and squadrons etc it would be a vast improvement.

Here's hoping, someday..

A stupid question;

Is there a independent forum for BOM (Battle Of Moskow)?

Not yet but there will be ..

Not yet but there will be ..

I don't mean to ask silly questions too much, but why would you do separate forums for products that are so compatible and interchangable? Dont other companies only have one forum for all their packages? Feels like in the end you won't be able to fly BOM aircraft over BoS terrain all that much.

Edited by roaming_gnome
  • Upvote 2

Makes sense to me too, just one forum with separate subject areas.

I'm hoping that in SP you'll have free reign to place any aircraft from BoS or BoM where you like on any of the terrains, MP on servers would be different for obvious reasons.

I mainly play SP in fact don't do so much combat at all just fly the aircraft, learn to take off, land find how each feels etc: I get as much fun out of that than being a hot shot with weapons.

Shows what POS pilot I am :wacko:

I don't mean to ask silly questions too much, but why would you do separate forums for products that are so compatible and interchangable? Dont other companies only have one forum for all their packages? Feels like in the end you won't be able to fly BOM aircraft over BoS terrain all that much.

I would imagine the BoM forum would be separate during early access only, I don't see it having a different site though..pure speculation on my part

Cheers Dakpilot

I wonder if they allow to test the summer maps for all who pre-ordered BoM because is Early Access time again. I had the hope to see nice screenshot from the summer maps during the Screenshot contest. Maybe in July more screenshots release or next Friday?

It's a shame that Moscow won't actually be in the game... I know that the Germans didn't get into Moscow, but I'm pretty sure that the Luftwaffe still attacked the city.

I would imagine the BoM forum would be separate during early access only, I don't see it having a different site though..pure speculation on my part

Cheers Dakpilot

I imagine that as well... I think in the end the idea is for people to eventually buy both.. which makes the most sense to me... I never understood why anyone would buy the Standard Edition anyway.. but then I always did like the La-5 so it was a no brainer for me.

I never asked for a second site for BOM but a forum and even if it is true that not much can be discussed some things like the progress of the game could be discussed.

Thank all for you great work. :salute: 

Make the Iar-80 available and ill buy your game, till then no thank you.

Edited by dodovici

Are there any pre order exclusive skins or unlocks like last time? I am kinda on the fence at this point. 

• Upvote 1

Am I correct in thinking that the new BoM map will be released Q1 2016 and alternative BoS maps (BoM order independent) some point 2015? Frankly I would pay Premium for new [not-winter] maps rather than the aircraft but appreciate that the team have their plan on this.

Am I correct in thinking that the new BoM map will be released Q1 2016 and alternative BoS maps (BoM order independent) some point 2015? Frankly I would pay Premium for new [not-winter] maps rather than the aircraft but appreciate that the team have their plan on this.

Yeh I think that is correct. BOM official launches in 2016 Q1 with the map.

We are supposed to get the green BOS map/maps in Q3 2015 for free.

Roger, thanks JG5_Emil.

With the best will in the world am still a bit on the fence; the new aircraft sound great but all that bloody snow... :(

Roger, thanks JG5_Emil.

With the best will in the world am still a bit on the fence; the new aircraft sound great but all that bloody snow... :(

I like the snow it makes spotting contacts a whole lot easier :D

Perhaps I am mistaken , but was it not mentioned that the BoM release would also include the Summer/Autumn maps as well, at end of early access/official release, or am I mistaken and it will be similar to BoS with Summer maps being available at a later date?

Cheers Dakpilot

Perhaps I am mistaken , but was it not mentioned that the BoM release would also include the Summer/Autumn maps as well, at end of early access/official release, or am I mistaken and it will be similar to BoS with Summer maps being available at a later date?

Cheers Dakpilot

Correct but it was mentioned that Green BOS maps are coming in 2015 Q3 :) That's what Marsh was asking about :)

That was it, but I think you are both correct in that that non-winter BoS maps are a different kettle of fish.

I-16 is tempting me. I'll ponder it some more.