Sign in to follow this  
6./ZG26_Emil

How do you make a bridge or building a target?

Hi chaps....another day another question!

I was wondering how you make a bridge or building in to a ground target?

Also is there a way to show how many targets were destroyed at the end of a MP mission? Like a results page where it says mission won/lost and shows a summary of what was destroyed?

Cheers

Emil

Give it an entity, set the country, and you should be good to go.

Also, don't forget to reduce the durability, or you'll be dealing with Hitler's bunker  ;)

I have a single player mission where you have to defend a bridge, I'll upload it today, you can check how I did it there.

Somewhat related to the subject of bombing targets: for bombing runs on airfields, I use fake blocks. Same thing there, give them an entity, set the country and hopefuly that should do it. Not sure if it's the correct way to do it, though, I haven't properly tested that yet.

Hi Coconut

I did come up with the same idea but the dreaded radar all seeing eye appeared!

What causes the radar to turn on...linked entity?

The radar is a no go for me I might just change the target to something else. 

You shouldn't get a radar unless you also specified a spotter radius. Or at least that's what I think. I haven't noticed any radar, but then, I think I've been testing in normal mode all the time, I might have missed it...

You shouldn't get a radar unless you also specified a spotter radius. Or at least that's what I think. I haven't noticed any radar, but then, I think I've been testing in normal mode all the time, I might have missed it...

Thanks 

I'll check that out and see if it works

como funciona durability?  cuales serian los valores recomendados? para vehículos, aviones y construcciones

-----translate------------------------------------

how it works durability? what would be the recommended values? for vehicles, aircraft and constructions

thx

• Upvote 1

como funciona durability?  cuales serian los valores recomendados? para vehículos, aviones y construcciones

-----translate------------------------------------

how it works durability? what would be the recommended values? for vehicles, aircraft and constructions

thx

good question !!!!

what are the good values ? 25 000 is too high.

good question !!!!

what are the good values ? 25 000 is too high.

As far as static vehicle and planes it depends on what ordinance you wish to have them destroyed and this varies greatly. If I want then susceptible to strafing by MG then I just set them to 500. Frankly you can set them up to 1500 or so and MG will still do the trick. For bombs I begin at 15000 and run up from there. Basically 1000kg deposited accurately destroys pretty much everything. 

The game itself sets the rate on bridges. And that depends on the bridge. The large suspension bridge has a higher rate than the pontoon as default and apparently this is taken into effect by the game no matter what you set the bridges too. At least in MP it is. I set the large bridges to 20000 plus and a single 250 kg still brings it down. So? 

As far as the OP. Once you create the entity for whatever block, bridge etc... you can set up a subtitle through events report for when this was damaged... destroyed... Additionally you can use the chatlog function to read what was destroyed during the mission.