Sign in to follow this  
SharpeXB

Does BoS use object scaling?

Does BoS scale up objects, aircraft and ground units, that are in the distance to make them easier to see?

The barrels and crates around airfields are almost the size of a truck. When a vehicle is nearby you really notice it.

The barrels and crates around airfields are almost the size of a truck. When a vehicle is nearby you really notice it.

Would that be upscaling or just... weird scaling?

To OP: I haven't noticed any sort of upscaling - just varied distance models like other FS's use.

For the record, Jason popped his head in this thread about 3 minutes after it was posted... He mustn't have had an answer. It would be great to have an official response to some of this backend technical stuff... The speculation-fests we see on both sides of the field probably wouldn't be quite as common.

Edited by 4./JG26_Adler

Give it a rest Adler. I don't always have time to respond to such questions. No we do not scale objects for easier spotting.

Jason

• Upvote 1

Give it a rest Adler. I don't always have time to respond to such questions. No we do not scale objects for easier spotting.

Jason

To what do I need to "give it a rest..?"

There are more words in you telling me to "give it a rest" and that you "don't have time to respond to such questions" (For the former, I am not exactly sure what you're referring to... :huh:) than in the response to OP's question that you typed... That seems an odd thing for you to have time for.

Let me clarify for you... I had speculated that you didn't have an answer by the fact that you had seen the question and didn't answer it... That would make sense to me... You are on the business end and the guys in Russia seem to do the technical bits. Sorry you took some sort of personal offense to that..? (Not that I should really have to be...)  After that I proceeded to say "It would be great to have an official response to some of this backend technical stuff... The speculation-fests we see on both sides of the field probably wouldn't be quite as common."

Hope that helps! S!  :cool:

Annnnnnyyyyywayyyyy... Seems the question has now been answered.

Edited by 4./JG26_Adler

To what do I need to "give it a rest..?"

There are more words in you telling me to "give it a rest" and that you "don't have time to respond to such questions" (For the former, I am not exactly sure what you're referring to... :huh:) than in the response to OP's question that you typed... That seems an odd thing for you to have time for.

Let me clarify for you... I had speculated that you didn't have an answer by the fact that you had seen the question and didn't answer it... That would make sense to me... You are on the business end and the guys in Russia seem to do the technical bits. Sorry you took some sort of personal offense to that..? (Not that I should really have to be...)  After that I proceeded to say "It would be great to have an official response to some of this backend technical stuff... The speculation-fests we see on both sides of the field probably wouldn't be quite as common."

Hope that helps! S!  :cool:

Annnnnnyyyyywayyyyy... Seems the question has now been answered.

Please. I wasn't born yesterday. You are just being a crank. And call me an asshole again and you're done.

Jason

• Upvote 4