Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Cremaster

Dynamic airfields

Hi,

does anyone know how to lock/unlock airfields in mp (fakefields) dynamically during mission?

I´ve tried to get this to work for some hours but neither activating via trigger nor dynamic creation with a spawner functioned properly.

So did i miss something or is this just impossible?

Thanks in advance!

Link a "Command: Behavior" MCU to an airfield. In the Behavior MCU, tick the box next to "Float Parameter" where Float Parameter means specified set of aircraft (table of aircraft can be found in the airfield properties window under "planes"...the number next to the aircraft on the table will be loaded where set of aircraft = Float Parameter number). Locking/unlocking airfields can also be done with the same Behavior MCU by only ticking the "coalition" (or country/nation/team, I forget the exact word) and specifying "Neutral" then linking any trigger/event to the Command: Behavior MCU...to bring it back, make another Command:Behavior MCU triggered on another event and specify whatever country you want it to change to.

Hi lads,

Thank you for this useful information about switching the side of an airfield.

Can a counter be added to this ? If yes, then, how ? I explain : I want to activate an airbase from neutral to Russian/German when at least 3 He-111 (human) land safely on the designed airbase. How to do it ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi lads,

Thank you for this useful information about switching the side of an airfield.

Can a counter be added to this ? If yes, then, how ? I explain : I want to activate an airbase from neutral to Russian/German when at least 3 He-111 (human) land safely on the designed airbase. How to do it ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Create a complex trigger zone set to trigger when a named aircraft enters the zone (you can set the name of the He-111 to something like He-111 Supply/Transport/A/B/C/etc in the "planes" menu when clicking on the airfield it originates from), add the name of the aircraft you want that will be counted to the complex trigger (bottom left in advanced properties of complex trigger--name must be EXACTLY the same as the name of the plane on the airfield's planes table screen.) Link that trigger to "OnEnteredAlive" to a counter trigger (set for 3, or whatever number you want) then link that counter trigger to a Command: Behavior trigger configured to do whatever you want to the airfield, then link it to the airfield. (Make sure "check entities" and/or "check vehicles" is ticked in the complex trigger menu, I usually always check them both because I haven't figured out which means which and it seems to work)

Hi AM,

Thanks for this quick answer.

I thought I tried that yesterday.

In fact, I tried to Trigger without counter at first, with a name on a plane (whatever the plane) : "Carrier", and with a OnStationnaryAndAlive Event, for Object "Carrier", which did not work. I try again with the OnEnteredAlive Trigger - but it seems less relevant as an aircraft could just go through the zone (dishonnestly or not) to trigger...I let you know if it's ok. The boxes were ticked properly.

There's no particular additionnal " or <> to add to the name in the "Object" table ?