Zak

Developer Diary, Part 91 - Discussion

Hi Everybody!

Today's dev blog is a bit late but, hopefully, it doesn't make it less interesting.

Of course, the team is working real hard at the next update, version 1.011 which is going to feature the long-awaited Ju 52. Tante Ju will become the first AI-only aircraft in the project.

Another pleasant news that I'm about to share with you are related to the creative work of one of BOS enthusiasts (and our collegue already) - Zeus. Yes, I'm talking about the Velikie Luki map, 165 x 100 km size. This April (that's when v.1.011 is going to be published) the map will become available to all Battle of Stalingrad pilot for free.

Toropets.jpg      post-276-0-29496400-1426609184.jpg       Velikie Luki2.jpg

The up-coming update will bring a lot of fixes and improvements, however it's too early to talk about specifics. Still, I believe the change log will be traditionally impressive. Keep in touch! News about BOM are coming up too...

Enjoy the weekend!

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 10

Gotta love the frozen lake airstrip. Looking forward to Ver 1.011 and the new map. 

Thanks for taking time to publish this small diary.

Looking forward to Ju-52 and Velikie Luki map, fixes from v.1.011 & BoM news!

Looks like April will bring some good news for BoS/BoM! :cool:

What would it take to make the Ju 52 flyable?

• Upvote 1

Time away from working on other flyable aircraft probably. no matter what people say I doubt many would fly the Ju-52 much after the initial novelty.

• Upvote 4

Nice to see things continuing to move forward so consistently. One day I'll find the time to fly again; it'll be a goooood day!

• Upvote 1

Time away from working on other flyable aircraft probably. no matter what people say I doubt many would fly the Ju-52 much after the initial novelty.

Certainly not a "player" aircraft, more a "historically interested simmer" aircraft, so I guess you're right. I'm still curious about what effort it would need.

Thanks for the news!

Ju52 is looking good, cant wait to shoot some of them down :)

Great job on the map zeus!

Zeus' awesome map and Ju52 coming in one update? It's gonna be epic. :good:

That'll make three huge updates in as many months. So much for people talking about the devs abandoning BoS in favor of BoM.

• Upvote 4

Btw: About BoM. The initial announcement talked about preorders opening in March. Is this still on the table or will the date be pushed back?

It's perfectly fine if that's the case, but for those og us with a tight budget it'd be nice to know, when we have to set the money aside.

It is for sure epic !

A good map to be lost above and finally a target for the lagg :biggrin:

And a historic map for the 190

All this for free...

Thanks

Jason said preorder in April at best for BOM Finkeren, cant find the link

Edited by UF_Luny

Btw: About BoM. The initial announcement talked about preorders opening in March. Is this still on the table or will the date be pushed back?

It's perfectly fine if that's the case, but for those og us with a tight budget it'd be nice to know, when we have to set the money aside.

I'm worried about this because I don't want to miss it like I did for BOS and have a lower status..... Shallow I know but I'm pissed I got given the founder skins and had them taken away again because I signed up a little bit later than some Edited by AeroAce
  • Upvote 1

Great update,

really looking forward to the new map and plane, keep it coming!

Cheers

I guess a flyable Ju52 wouldn't be enough to attract the civil aviation crowd.. They wouldn't like getting shot at. 

Love that engine sound! looks great!

Don't forget about f11 with the next update ;)

• Upvote 4

Awesome update...again!

Cheers all!

Zeus' awesome map and Ju52 coming in one update? It's gonna be epic. :good:

That'll make three huge updates in as many months. So much for people talking about the devs abandoning BoS in favor of BoM.

No doubt. Or all those who were sure that BoS would end up being a one and done sim. So many updates, it surely rivals the original IL-2 in my mind in that regard. I'm still on board for the next expansion as the first opportunity. 

It appears the devs will be going with a more DCS-ish(though not as extreme) style of development having a lot of modularity within a larger game. I for one think its a great idea from a funding and design standpoint that provides a lot more longevity to the title. My hope is that they continue to listen to the major player base and open up a little more about their upcoming designs and features to create more of a dialogue. I am pleased with the direction they have been going in the last few weeks versus around the time just before and during the launch.

Velikie Luki map from -zeus. In .jpg, large file.

Whoa! - Fantastic... - How big is that map again!?

Also, the Ju-52/3m looks lovely. A bit of a tinny sound from the engines, I thought there was more of a deep roar to them the several times I've seen and heard the plane in real life.

Thanks developers, you are really making giant strides in this period!

Love that engine sound! looks great!

Don't forget about f11 with the next update ;)

f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11  f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11  f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11  f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11  f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11  f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11 f11

• Upvote 1

Looks really good. Looking forward to April.

I really hope you will reconsider and include a Mods On mode for the game soon. The single players really need it!

• Upvote 4

Thanks Zak for the news, looks like it's going to be another impressive year with all the wonderful work the team is doing.

Thanks for this great news!!

Beautiful map details.

Smoke from some houses would increase the illusion of the frigid landscape. 

A very large pile of money.

What a coincidence. That is exactly what I'd be prepared to pay!