Sign in to follow this  
heinkill

Yekaterina Budanova; missions and AARs

Got really inspired by Lupson's mission builder combined with the campaign to create a set of AARs around Yekaterina Budanova, the female ace.

Am now creating a mission set out of these missions which I'll put up for download soon I hope.

In the meantime, here are the AARs... an amazing woman!

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4077951/Re:_Mostovskoy_goes_to_war:_Bo#Post4077951

yaktwo013_zpsef3a1ed4.jpg

Budanova and Litviak in their Yak1s, Verkhnaya Akhtuba airfield, October 1942

budanova3026_zpsww0nmqaj.jpg

Budanova's first kill (He111 standing in for Ju88)

budanova4028_zps2e418bae.jpg

A shared kill with 296th Fighter Aviation Regiment (later the 73rd Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment) of Nikolai Baranov

budanovaEND006_zpsy6f6dbhd.jpg

Her final engagement

Edited by heinkill
  • Upvote 2

Great to see you doing these heinkill,  really looking forward to giving these a try!

Looking forward to this.

Your AAR's are really great reads too! That is some awesome immersion.

Keep up the great work, Heinkill!

I really think the devs should put in content like this in their game updates (with your permission, of course, Heinkill).

It would be a very few extra mb's going out to everybody, but would definitely help the sim feel "filled out" and a complete package.

Excellent work as always, Heinkill! I enjoy your AARs, they're quite immersive!

I really think the devs should put in content like this in their game updates (with your permission, of course, Heinkill).

It would be a very few extra mb's going out to everybody, but would definitely help the sim feel "filled out" and a complete package.

This is a great idea!

Thanks, if anyone can point me at a tutorial which specifically covers how to make briefings in the mission builder, I'd be grateful. Can't seem to find one covering that particular topic.

I can easily add simple text briefings, but of course it would be much better if it was also possible to include images at least.

H

I have not tried it yet, but the text can be html formatted.

Isn't it possible to embed local pictures in that kind of text?

There a issue with images - I test this dozen of times until discover.  :(

You only will see if "HUD" are on - and I hate HUD, icons, Tekchat, messages pop-up on screen...  :angry:

I think for what you want a .BIK video will work better. 

Edited by Sokol1

Ok, noted, but probably more work than It is worth...

H

If you want to try, write the briefing (Word document) and send me, I see what I can do.

Thx for the offer! I'll get back to you, don't have time right now but will take a raincheck!

H

PS, got the following email today from Prof Reina Pennington, author of the book 'Women Wings and War' (and a former airforce officer herself). Great info here on Soviet women aces. The site is a WIP but particularly interesting to me was the account of Lilya Litviak/Katja Budanova's faithful mechanic Inna Pasportnikova, who accompanied them on all their postings, until their deaths.

http://lilylitviak.org/styled-21/styled-2/

Dear Fred,

I just launched the web site: http://lilylitviak.org. If you have a chance, take a look. It's very much a work in progress, so suggestions are appreciated. You'll find some info on Pasportnikova that you'll like. I haven't done a lot with Budanova yet.

Be sure to check out the page on the new book "Defending the Motherland." I believe that will have a lot of new information.

best wishes,

rjp

Reina Pennington, PhD
Professor, Department of History and Political Science
Norwich University

Read more: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4077951/Re:_Mostovskoy_goes_to_war:_Bo#Post4077951
Follow us: @SimHQ on Twitter | SimHQ on Facebook

Edited by heinkill