BlackSix

Game version 1.010 discussion

Come on Ruski pilots!!!!! We need to cry more...after 100 o more crying posts created by Celestiale and company the Fw190 is now a manufacture of newbie Aces!!!

Its time to change our premium plane!!

S~

5. Rudder counter forces at high speed were reduced on Fw 190 according to the reference;

changed according to reference, not according to whining.

• Upvote 7

changed according to reference, not according to whining.

:salute: Jaws!

Palex, no tenemos nada que hacer al respecto, creo que ya lo sabemos.

Desde el primer dia el Fw190 me parece una avion brutal , aun asi lo han tenido que ir "tocando" ,  están de suerte los del lado azul, el FW190 si es un avión premium.... sin embargo los rojos tenemos un la5 de pena, no digo que no sea correcto, digo que da pena volarlo, no es competidor de nadie y me da lastima haber gastado dinero en el.

Un saludo!

Thx for update

Russian planes still dive way too fast in this update. Yesterday i was chased by a YAK in a dive in my 190. It was a millisecond before i lost my controlsurfaces (all at a time) that the guy in the YAK behind me lost his. If you ask me he should have lost his much earlier. Woodplane and so on. I was beyond the end of my speedometer when everything came off. WAY too fast for a wooden YAK. It was really just milliseconds before mine fell off that his came off. I even didnt have time to decelerate when mine were gone alltogether.

And btw. i HAD to dive that fast since he was even closing in while i was diving straight down.

I wonder if they ever get this right.

EDIT: And i dont start arguing yet again about the high alt performance of the YAK in this post. So much to do for those devs...

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Russian planes still dive way too fast in this update. Yesterday i was chased by a YAK in a dive in my 190. It was a millisecond before i lost my controlsurfaces (all at a time) that the guy in the YAK behind me lost his. If you ask me he should have lost his much earlier. Woodplane and so on. I was beyond the end of my speedometer when everything came off. WAY too fast for a wooden YAK. It was really just milliseconds before mine fell off that his came off. I even didnt have time to decelerate when mine were gone alltogether.

And btw. i HAD to dive that fast since he was even closing in while i was diving straight down.

EDIT: And i dont start arguing yet again about the high alt performance of the YAK in this post. So much to do for those devs...

But Winger are you happy about the 190 now? That's should be the question. Now it seems that the Yak is your next FM change to have your Uber 190 that never flew over Stalingrad.

Only my observation

Edited by SYN_Vorlander

But Winger are you happy about the 190 now? That's should be the question. Now it seems that the Yak is your next FM change to have your Uber 190 that never flew over Stalingrad.

Only my observation

It was not my decision to implement the FW into the game! Neither was it my decision to begin with a theater that had clearly superior planes in favor to one side. I said it before and i repeat it. I would have taken a theater that has planes performing closer to eachother.

I am happy with the FW for itself. But not in relation to the YAK-1 in BOS.

Edited by VSG1_Winger
  • Upvote 1

Have you actually tested the Yak to see when it loses control surfaces?

Han wrote in his "FM claims" thread.It is about LaGG3,but considering it generaly inferior to Yak-1,one can have at least an idea:

10. Flutter IAS on LaGG-3 is 750 while in manual max IAS is listed as 600 km/h. It's 150 km/h reserve. While Bf-109 have only 70 km/h reserve.
Actualy, we have flight test report on LaGG-3 which shows that it's diving a little more than 700 km/h IAS without problems. So, we have set Flutter start at 750km/h IAS, +50 km/h to fastests known limit.
Bf-109 have data on dive flight test on 900 km/h TAS at 5800m, it is 637 km/h IAS. Also, there is 750 km/h IAS listed as limit for it. So, our Bf-109 have 850km/h IAS as Flutter start speed, +100 km/h to fastest known limit.
False claim.

This update is absolutely fantastic.  We'll never get "perfect" FM's IMHO, but this is pretty damn close.  Thanks!

Thank you for the new debriefing map.

Would it be possible to add the debriefing feature to user made single player missions too? Mission statistics/debriefings would make single player missions much  more interesting.

• Upvote 5

Install was easy & appreciated , But the 190 is still all over the sky  with FFB stick.The only way I can hold on to a steady shot is in a hard bank & this risks secondary stall.It is so frustrating having a heavily armed brute like the FW and not being able to fully use it. :angry:

Han wrote in his "FM claims" thread.It is about LaGG3,but considering it generaly inferior to Yak-1,one can have at least an idea:

10. Flutter IAS on LaGG-3 is 750 while in manual max IAS is listed as 600 km/h. It's 150 km/h reserve. While Bf-109 have only 70 km/h reserve.
Actualy, we have flight test report on LaGG-3 which shows that it's diving a little more than 700 km/h IAS without problems. So, we have set Flutter start at 750km/h IAS, +50 km/h to fastests known limit.
Bf-109 have data on dive flight test on 900 km/h TAS at 5800m, it is 637 km/h IAS. Also, there is 750 km/h IAS listed as limit for it. So, our Bf-109 have 850km/h IAS as Flutter start speed, +100 km/h to fastest known limit.
False claim.

You notice i was talking 190 not 109?

It was not my decision to implement the FW into the game! Neither was it my decision to begin with a theater that had clearly superior planes in favor to one side. I said it before and i repeat it. I would have taken a theater that has planes performing closer to eachother. I am happy with the FW for itself. But not in relation to the YAK-1 in BOS.

Because you cant stand that there is a single thing posing a threat to your aircraft ?

With all respect Winger, I saw you more than a couple on times on servers scoring 10-15  victories without being killed once in your FW 190. I can admit that I'm impressed, and that was with the limited controls at high speeds, which really is something. But that was in pair with 90% of your posts being a whine about FW 190 and how badly it is to fly against Soviets in this aircraft. 

Couldn't figure if either you were really great pilot or aircraft was not that bad as you spoke about it. 

Now as the FW 190 became a truly wonderful warbird I think it might be a matter of your ego. 

Anyway, end of offtopic.

Really a wonderful update, flew yesterday and I'm really happy about the changes. No microstuttering which an issue for me, I can easier spot the airfields ... Its just a pure fun :)

Keep on going guys !

It might have been a subjective impression in the heat of the battle. But i think i am not alone with the impression that the soviet planes dive to fast or the YAK-1 flying much too fast. I fact the later has been proved by Celestiales testruns.

@ Hieromachi: I admit I am not a good looser. But complaining about the obvious faults has nothing to do with that.

Edited by VSG1_Winger
  • Upvote 3

I often break my yak around 750 in a dive and although I don't really fly 190 I'm sure it could go much faster than that without damage. No idea of that's how it should be thou

Beautiful update devs!

Please take in consideration the implementation of true coop mode in MP.

Thanks! :thank_you:

:huh: 

:rolleyes:

His post was about dive speed.  That isn't what Celestial tested.  However, there has been dive testing done, and I believe it showed that the German aircraft can sustain much higher dive speeds than the VVS aircraft.

I often break my yak around 750 in a dive and although I don't really fly 190 I'm sure it could go much faster than that without damage. No idea of that's how it should be thou

I've taken the Fw to 850 and survived it. I have plummeted to my death at around 900. That was before 1.009. I may have to do some more testing as it's been a while.

The improved draw distance to see planes and airfields from very far is a lot better now. :cool:

Is this right? Do planes have an improved draw distance?

If it's not mentioned in the patch notes i's always safe to assume it's not. Couldn't really see any improvement compared to 1.009 the times I was flying MP after the patch.

If it's not mentioned in the patch notes i's always safe to assume it's not. Couldn't really see any improvement compared to 1.009 the times I was flying MP after the patch.

It's hard, though, isn't it, to know if you're making something up or experiencing it anew. I've actually only flown the 109F4 since the patch (too busy being giddy about the GUI "topological" map being available in the ME), but my initial reaction was that in the 109, there was increased vibration (from the engine running) and the engine noise sounded, erm, crisper. Neither of these are mentioned in the patch, but I'd swear that they've improved! But... I could be imagining it! AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH IT IS!!

How dare the devs provide improvements via eyedropper, they should have shipped a complete product from the get go! 

Ha! Made ya look!  :biggrin:

Rome wasn't built in a day and it's always good news when we get some tweaks.

Good hunting,

=CFC=Conky

Thanks for the update. BoS is getting better and better :salute:

I can't the watch video but it's not so much about speed rather than g force, that determines when a plane breaks during sudden maneuvers

Edited by AeroAce

Sudden movements with crasy g-overload (like in the video) do brake things.

Hi guys.Do you think this is normal?Minimum speed - 580km \ h. Wing breaks with any sudden movement.

Its in patch 1.010

I saw this on the Russian forum and it looked interesting, but I didn't get a chance to try the new patch yet. :(

The fw190 had a pretty strong, one piece wing, and i remember seeing many quotes about pilots pulling out of long dives with no problem, but I also remember reading a British pilot report of a fw190 he was chasing, basically desintegrating when he pulled out sharp out of a long dive. He thought the 190 pilot used excessive trim to help with the pullout. I don't know where i've seen that, it was few good years ago.

Can't wait to try the new patch. Maybe if i'm lucky i'll get to play with it next week.....Work sucks. :)

Edited by Jaws2002

after 100 o more crying posts created by Celestiale and company the Fw190 is now a manufacture of newbie Aces!!!

LOL