BlackSix

Game version 1.010 discussion

Oh sweet glorious day...the mission editor doesn't lag anymore if the topographical map is used. I feel like I'm moving a million miles an hour!

• Upvote 2

Impression of Fw 190 fm changes:

Ground behaviour seems more stable and controllable now althought it still tries to pull around in an accelerating ground loop when shifting the nose sideways. Still it happens way slower tham previously and the pilot has more time to correct the taxi course via differential braking.

Overall it can be taxied according to the manual with short brake inputs stable at 10 km/h but stilk requires consciousness.

As for now I'm happy I no longer have to work hecticly with brakes snaking around and find it a good improvement.

As for the high speed manouvrebility changes have great impact on the 500-600 km/h speeds where pilot still gets blackouts when pulling full elevator. At higher speeds authority shrinks further up to 800 km/h at which it feels like in 1.09. This seems to be the proper treatment to me and will definetly make fights in the 190 more exiting.

Also tested the He111 which didnt feel different to me apart from the tail wheel fix.

So first impression is well done and hoping for more FM fixes in future updates!

• Upvote 4

55. Plane setups are now saved for the next respawn on that plane in multiplayer. A setup is stored until the user leaves the server or clicks the corresponding button in the GUI;

Awesome! Thanks alot!

Did the guns get some tweaking? It's not listed but the Fw guns seem to be considerably more effective again. Caused fires in all three kills in one MP session and one engine out on a single pass. This was not happening for me in .009. I know, small sample size applies.

No changes were made to the guns.

Did the guns get some tweaking? It's not listed but the Fw guns seem to be considerably more effective again. Caused fires in all three kills in one MP session and one engine out on a single pass. This was not happening for me in .009. I know, small sample size applies.

This, idk if its the manouverablity, but im doing very short work of most planes i meet, if i get guns on target that is haha :P . 

Major props, devs... this is a stunning list of fixes... fantastic progress across the board!

The Fw 190A-3 went from the least maneuverable plane at high speed..... to the most maneuverable.  :salute:

Just impressive how the game feels complete different after this patch 1.010 today :popcorm:

The first flight after I downloaded and installed this patch here was unbelieveable impressive!

Looks like the oxygen mask work now correct. Now I never get a complete blackout where the screen is 100% black if I do hard turns.

The Performance is great or are this the FM changes? Hard to say what it is but the planes feel like they get a diet. Very easy to fly now!

With that improvements Expert Realism Settings do now a lot more fun to fly. The improved draw distance to see planes and airfields from very far is a lot better now.  :cool: 

Great updates on the Fw 190! :biggrin:

I can taxi without locked tailwheel. And this is the first time that the Fw 190 AI is putting up a decent fight!

5. Rudder counter forces at high speed were reduced on Fw 190 according to the reference;
6. Taxiing on Fw 190 improved (landing gear settings tweaked to make turning at low speeds with released tail wheel manageable);
13. AI pilot on Fw 190 was fixed;

Fantastic list of fixes, thank you all very much. :biggrin:

I was only able to play a few short missions prior to going on leave......for me the colors looked more crisp and reworked. Did anyone else notice this?

Snappy Salute to the Devs!

THANK YOU so very much! Wow, been flying for only 30 mins and what a difference so far!!! Great update guys :);):)

Thanks for the update!

The 190 feels like another plane to me in the air as well as on the ground and taxiing it makes much more sense now.

Did a whole round from runway to parking and back without getting into a groundloop - it still can happen if you don´t take care but it feels much more like I´d expect it to.

Keep up the good work!

:good:

Edited by golani79
  • Upvote 2

Super-impressive list of fixes. What about the airfield visibility, how is it now? (Away from my gaming computer...)

• Upvote 1

I know now the guns received no attention so I will say thanks for the increased (high speed) Fw flight stability/maneuverablity. Now that I am flying within the G limits of the virtual pilot I am way more destructive than I was in .009. It seems to fly more like the anecdotal evidence would suggest. Thanks again.

~S

• Upvote 1

The Fw 190A-3 went from the least maneuverable plane at high speed..... to the most maneuverable. :salute:

Don't have the opportunity to play till weekend unfortunately, but if this is true, BoM Premium is preordered!

Super-impressive list of fixes. What about the airfield visibility, how is it now? (Away from my gaming computer...)

Airfield visibility is much improved :salute:

Yep airfield visibility is improved a lot.

And a new flight log after campaign mission is very useful, nice to see what happened exactly.

Thank you Dev Team for continuing to improve this game with each update. I have been extremely impressed with the past 3 updates in particular and think they have drastically improved the experience of the game and addressed some of the bigger issues being brought up by the community. Your communication and updates are have been tremendous as of late, please keep up the great work and know that it is appreciated greatly. Cannot wait to pre-order BoM and am really looking forward to more aircraft and more maps.

Many thanks for all the improved bits & pieces that are now installing themselves while I type.I am especially interested in the improved FW-190 changesas it has been the most disappointing a/c for me up to this point...Keep up the good work! ;)

F4 still bad, anomalous movements, seems to be in the water .... lol

Edited by JAGER_Batz

This build seems very stable, very smooth. It's really starting to feel like a finished product with a solid base to build on for the future. Looking forward to doing more exploring this weekend. 

Well it certainly flies smoother than the last couple of patches. That's great!

But only on my second sortie of the night and I've already had a CTD. Weirdsauce.

Didn't had the chance to try the new built yesterday. But the list of fixes is once again really impressive and the feedback of You chaps sounds promising. Especially the improvements regarding the 190.

I'm looking forward to todays evening to race her across the Volga. ;)

Anyway. Many thanks to the developers for still hanging in and improving our BoS experience. :)

Still have not managed to play, how are the mp Microstutters?

And also is the post flight analysis for sp only?

Edited by AeroAce

Still have not managed to play, how are the mp Microstutters?

And also is the post flight analysis for sp only?

------> 

45. Microstutters on multiplayer servers with big amount of players were fixed;
Edited by II./JG1_Baron

I saw that but was wondering if it has really worked

For me much smoother then 1.009. Just impression/feeling after an hour of playing...

3. He 111 tailwheel fixed;

6. Taxiing on Fw 190 improved (landing gear settings tweaked to make turning at low speeds with released tail wheel manageable);

Thank you.

Excellent update, thanks.

There is this however:

42. Ground object kills are shown in in-game chat;

IMHO I think this renders in-game chat relatively useless.  I hope server admins have control to shut this off.

Wow this update is great!

I don't know if it's accurate, though the FW190 is now a dream to fly! I finally flamed some Yaks and Laggs in the campaign today, and rarely went into a spin! The post flight debrief map was lovely too.

It could have been there for ages, but I also saw wingtip contrails for the first time :)

Still occasionally get problems with AI wingmen refusing taking off :(

Thanks devs for your hard work!

Albino

Edited by Albino
  • Upvote 1

Tried out the Fw 190 in SP just now, and I think it's great. It still has that nasty accelerated stall, mediocre climb rate and will burn energy like crazy if you try to turn fight, but keep it above 400km/h and it rules the sky. It can fight much more tightly in the vertical, that was possible before and ambushing has become easy as pie.

I still maintain, that the stiff controls on the Fw 190 at high speeds were more accurate than on the other fighters, but at least now the Würger has a level playing field.

• Upvote 1

I saw that but was wondering if it has really worked

Yes, worked - Uno perfecto  :) MP & SP are without microstutters. Have a nice flight  ;)

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Come on Ruski pilots!!!!! We need to cry more...after 100 o more crying posts created by Celestiale and company the Fw190 is now a manufacture of newbie Aces!!!

Its time to change our premium plane!!

S~

• Upvote 3