BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 35

Hi Everybody!

As you may already know, the largest Russian video game exhibition is going on this week in Moscow – Igromir-2013. I’m practically writing this developer blog note here in the very epicenter in our own nice and cozy business booth. We'll be staying here for a few days talking to the Russian press and showing the game while talking up its features and of course flying, flying again, and landing with no brakes as usual :)

Maybe it’s because of your good luck wishes last Friday, but this event is turning out to be a success for us: the current game build works perfectly, and the editors only leave us smiling and being pleasantly surprised.

And though LOFT is not in the office during the show, the schedule is being followed and development goes on at full speed. Here is some proof we hope will cheer you up as the fall weather starts to turn chilly! Absolutely brand new and long-awaited pics of the development progress. This is the model of the Ju-87D cockpit and the exterior model of the Yak-1. Fresh and hot, straight from the artists' workbenches!

en1.jpg en2.jpg en3.jpg eng4.jpg eng5.jpg eng6.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

Very nice. Bravi!

Aha, Italy just conquered the topic!

Edited by J4Scriszeri
  • Upvote 1

The Stuka pit looks amazing, though I must admit, that I have a hard time judging the quality of the Yak-1 model. Don't get me wrong: It looks fine, but I look forward to seeing it rendered in game.

The gunsights for stukas often had a black crashpad instead of a brown one. It would be nice to see some variation to this, I have pictures if it's needed.

SJ

Wow the level of detail in that pit is amazing. Is that the pit that will be rendered in external view or is that the detail in the pit that the pilot will fly in or are they both one and the same in BoS?

Simply gorgeous, can't wait to be able to fly The Stuka with the 37mm guns as tankbuster :)

• Upvote 2

Simply gorgeous, can't wait to be able to fly The Stuka with the 37mm guns as tankbuster :)

that would be one hell of a unlockable mod!

BTW, those pics look gorgeous. Have a good time to Igromir guys, and spread magic all over the place. WWII sim is back!

Edited by OBT-Psychopoak

Wow the level of detail in that pit is amazing. Is that the pit that will be rendered in external view or is that the detail in the pit that the pilot will fly in or are they both one and the same in BoS?

This is the detail in the pit that the pilot will fly in.

Fantastic, love the Stuka! Is it known if it will it make the first release?

I want :biggrin:

post-50-0-25344400-1380885753_thumb.jpg

Edited by 332_HaJa

Excellent quality on the Stuka pit, going to be one of the first aircraft I will take for a ride in the finished sim!

It's internal only, but from what I've seen so far in the livestreams, the cockpits look pretty damn good in external, especially the lighting on night missions seen in the last stream. I also really like the very realistic rendering of the pilot, not just in level of detail and animations, but also in the realistic posture he's sitting in. 

Lovely screenshots once more!  :happy:

And regarding a possible Ju-87 G-2 in BoS, wasn't the Kanonenvogel put into production only around April 1943?

S!

That Stuka cockpit looks amazing! I think the new favorite ride is found for me ;) Forget the 20mm gondolas on F-4, this is what we need. PUN INTENDED! :) Have a nice weekend sll and best of luck at Igromir 2013 for the dev team!

:good: Can`t stop staring at the Junkers cockpit.  I assume all this goes into the actual game?

Just awesome!!! I love your work, cant wait to takeoff with that JU87!

Nice looking photo of the Cockpit.

Is the image of the Yak 1 withof anti Aliasing? cCan't help but notice the jaggies on the aerial.

Cheers and Thanks

Lovely screenshots once more! :happy: And regarding a possible Ju-87 G-2 in BoS, wasn't the Kanonenvogel put into production only around April 1943?

im wondering about the modifications that 777 will give its Ju87D-3 since a long time.....but hopefully not the 37mm canons. That would not only be out of the Battle ( like the Fw190) but even more out of the timeframe..........

Edited by III/JG53Frankyboy

im wondering about the modifications that 777 will give its Ju87D-1 since a long time.....but hopefully not the 37mm canons. That would not only be out of the Battle ( like the Fw190) but even more out of the timeframe..........

Yes, 777 said that the BoS plane-set would have to fit into the historical timeframe, so I hope that all planes after release will also be.

They already added a 'non-BoS' Fw190, surely to make the game more appealing to simmers prefering German planes, let's hope that they leave it at that .. :unsure:

im wondering about the modifications that 777 will give its Ju87D-1 since a long time.....but hopefully not the 37mm canons. That would not only be out of the Battle ( like the Fw190) but even more out of the timeframe..........

Yes my bad for posting that Ju87G video which is from 1943 and should not be seen in 1942.

Thanks for the update. The Stuka pit and the Yak-1 look fantastic! I can´t wait to see the Yak-1 SIM flying on a live stream.  :salute: MJ

Je to pěkné..... Just like Hamlet, staring at the monitor, I keep thinking to my self: " To buy, or not to buy, ... that is the question." :mellow:

O.

Yes, the cockpit does look cool.

I must say though, I am loving the textures on the Yak... Top notch as always!! Kudos to your artist(s). :salute:  

I can wait for the battle of Kursk to get my 37mm armed Stuka :dance: