Satchenko

Fly formation problem

Someone can give me the trick to make a safe IA formation without erratic fly or crashing?

3 or 4 planes, no more. I have used de command formation but it´s seem dosn´t work.

Edited by [AoA]Pablo

AI makes heading changes best when in echelon formation opposite to the turn: ie left echelon for a right turn.  The V formation or echelon same as the turn causes problems for the planes on the inside of the turn: which was harder to get right in RL as well.

No idea if this is practical to implement in AI only flights, but it certainly works when I am player flight leader with AI wingmen.

That plus keep heading changes to maximum 90 degrees as previous poster stated.

Which command are you using to "activate" your flying group. Do you use activate or spawn trigger ?

Which command are you using to "activate" your flying group. Do you use activate or spawn trigger ?

Activate, why?

Because the two don't work with the same result with group.

Activate : all the unit work as a group. You set waypoint only to the leader.

Spawn : all the units fly as they are single. You have to set a waypoint to every unit.

Test the single mission i enclose. There are a group of 4 Yak1. The fourth is not at the right position. So it fly to go at the right position as soon the formation is activate.

Mission begin.

T + 10 s : 4 yak is activated

T + 12 s : The first waypoint is activated for the group

T + 14 s : the commande formation in V is activated.

I you want, you can export the yak group in the mission directory, if you want to use it. You wil ss the group under the button group and can use it easily. You have to edit the setting you want such as altitude, formation, activation timer, etc..

Test_yak_formation.zip

Edited by Habu
  • Upvote 1

Please I need help with something... I'm getting crazy testing my missions when i want to tests flys using the external  views... I don´t understand why i can´t see the enemy planes. In ROF i don´t have any problems using the Function keys... any trick to use in BOS?

Sorry my english...

Edited by [AoA]Pablo

No problem for your english, i think that mine is not better. :biggrin:

The camera work like i RoF, there is an area, so, if the plane is out of range, you can't select it. That's why i put the player plane for my test, near the AI plane i want to test.