What Do You Listen? - Music Thread.

One more for Lemmy, this is kind of mandatory.

Interesting trivia:

"I was reading Len Deighton’s book Bomber at the time I wrote it. It’s about a bombing raid on Germany when the British hit the wrong town, and it’s what goes on the floor in the air from both sides. It’s a really good book. You should read it. “Bomber” was the first song I wrote about war. We made a big bomber lighting rig for the tour and we’ve still got it. It’s big; it’s about 40 feet down, 25 or 30 feet across and it’s got lit-up propellers on it. It gets a truck all by itself. We’re taking it out on this anniversary tour. Promoters have to pay extra if they want us to bring it."

-Lemmy

😄

Imagine Lemmy reading a book 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1CGS

Spoiler

(the song was dedicated to climbers and everyone who loves mountains)

The sunset stretches like a cross over the valleys and peaks and dreams;
You tied the herbs in a knot and weaved a lock of my hair into them.
You sent into other people's dreams that crazy vision of the country,
Where the days are bright from the light of the stars.

I will call you the Lord of the Mountain Roads;
Who said the snow is cold?
I will walk thru the mountain pass and the threshold, the crossing,
Crossroads of stone rivers.

I went after those, who did not know what the word "fear" means.
Oh, are not all who the missing, died in the mountains is are with you?
Those, who found peace where the winds dance under your hand
on the brink of a clear morning?

I will call you the Lord of the Mountain Roads! Clouds
Swirling in a flock before the storm.
Our blood goes to sand, forget about it and it
Will sprout with a tight vine.

I wanted to stay with you
I already had time to dare.
Transparent pain smells like snow
Either or far, or higher, or death ...

Let the frost cover the chains of my footprints,
So that no one can find them.
Who will now read your name under the ice
Lord of the Mountain Roads? ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, messsucher said:

This is what happen when you have perfected your art and skill above master and ascended to divinity.

Wow. I post about an absolute legend who passed away and now I can't tell if this has become a dick measuring contest. 

Well, at least one thing EVH had that these guys definitely don't is a sense of FUN and SWAGGER.  You can be a great guitarist but, if you present yourself as a New Jersey gas pump attendant, so shall you be.

I've never been one for guitar gymnastics. It's impressive skill of course. But where's the feeling, the emotion. I would much prefer one note in the right place at the right time to manic virtuoso fretboard overkill.

Think Dave Gilmour. It not always about speed. It's about music and using notes and chords and structure simultaneously to create magic. A wonderful, emotional and purely human artform. 

I'm not dissing EVH or that other bloke. It's just not my thing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ST_Catchov said:

I've never been one for guitar gymnastics. It's impressive skill of course. But where's the feeling, the emotion. I would much prefer one note in the right place at the right time to manic virtuoso fretboard overkill.

Think Dave Gilmour. It not always about speed. It's about music and using notes and chords and structure simultaneously to create magic. A wonderful, emotional and purely human artform. 

I'm not dissing EVH or that other bloke. It's just not my thing.

I like The Floyd as well but, Eddie could easily do -and did on more than 1 song - what David Gilmour did as well as all the flashy "gymnastics".

Not dissing DG but I doubt the situation could be reversed.

6 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Wow. I post about an absolute legend who passed away and now I can't tell if this has become a dick measuring contest. 

Well, at least one thing EVH had that these guys definitely don't is a sense of FUN and SWAGGER.  You can be a great guitarist but, if you present yourself as a New Jersey gas pump attendant, so shall you be.

You are so crazy. Take a chill pill. That your paranoid imagination of things is stupid. I posted good music Youtube recommended after I watched your video. I don't think I have to keep a moment of silence after your posting.

1 hour ago, Retnek said:

Uplifting every time! The Scottish are the last hope again Don't give up!

The boys are back

They're locked in again. No pints of heavy/vodka and Irn Bru/wee halves for those poor boys. 😜

PS The Dropkick Murphys listened to too much Pogues and Men They Couldn't Hang in their teenage years.

Edited by 216th_Cat

peter murphy is pretty subversive and what he does there is pretty gothic, if you do two deep breaths in that position and the third breath hold it standing you die

from your pespective you just faint to avoid this just lower your head

• Like 1