What Do You Listen? - Music Thread.

A catchy old tune. You may have heard a cover version or two, maybe in very different styles. You won't have heard the original, and you never will - it's a tune so old that nobody can agree where it's from. Possibly (judging from the lyrics, at least as they are generally understood) somewhere in the eastern Mediterranean, since it apparently concerns love for an Egyptian woman, but that doesn't narrow it down much. Or, ultimately, matter much anyway. Whether it's sung in Lebanese Arabic, Or Greek, or Yiddish, or played as surf rock with no lyrics at all, it's a catchy number, on an age old story. What music was invented for...

On 7/8/2020 at 5:20 PM, itsbillyfrazier said:

RIP Maestro.

OH NO!!!!  I hadn't heard that he'd passed.  But I know he was getting on in the 90's.

He brought so many exciting ideas into his compositions, and will be missed greatly. 

• Like 1

One of Ennio Morricone's most stirring compositions.  His ability to evoke emotion in his music, and Susanna Rigacci's talents to help bring it to life, made for a powerful combination.  In this more recent rendition we get to see everyone in action. I know the same song is posted above but this version is wonderful to watch.

Edited by Stoopy