I./ZG1_Panzerbar

What Do You Listen? - Music Thread.

RiP Chris Squire, bassist and original member of the progressive 70's rock group YES.

Edited by Trident_109
  • Upvote 1

Cannot imagine soviet war songs without this famous song: Smuglyanka from Only Old Men Are Going to Battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuKdpOJO4Mw

Lyrics (transcription)

Kak-to letom, na rassvete
Zaglianul v sosedniy sad.
Tam smuglianka-moldavanka
Sobirayet vinograd.
Ia bledneyu, Ia krasneiu,
Zakhotelos vdrug skazat:
Stanem nad rekoyu
Zorki letniye vstrechat!

Chorus x2: Raskudriavy klion zeliony, list reznoy, Ia vliublionny i smushchenny pred toboy Klion zeliony, da klion kudriavy, Da raskudriavy, reznoy!

A smuglianka-moldavanka
Otvechala parnyu v lad:
— Partizanski, moldavanskii
Sobiraetcya otriad.
Nynche rano partizany
Dom pokinuli rodnoy.
Zhdiot tebia doroga
K partizanam v les gustoy.

Chorus x2: Raskudriavy klion zelyony, list reznoy, Zdies u kliona mij rastanemcya s toboy, Klen zelyony, da klen kudriavy, Da raskudriavy, reznoy!

I smuglianka-moldavanka
Po tropinke v les ushla.
V tom obidu ia uvidel,
Shto s soboj ne pozvala.
O smuglianke-moldavanke
Chasto dumal po nocham...
Vdrug svoyu smuglianku
Ia v otriade povstrechal.

Chorus x2: Raskudriavy klion zelyony, list reznoy, Zdrastvuy, paren, moi khoroshi, moi rodnoy! Klen zelyony, da klen kudriavy, Da raskudriavy, reznoy!

Lyrics (translated)

Somehow in the summer,at dawn,
I looked in the neighboring garden.
There was a darkie, a Moldovian girl
gathering up grapes there.
I was growing red, I was growing pale,
All of a sudden, I wanted to tell her:
"Let’s meet together all the summer dawns
over the river!"

Chorus × 2: The maple, all curly and green, its leaves carved! I'm standing in love and embarrassed in front of you. The green maple,and curly, and all curly and carved!

But the darkie, the Moldavian
answered the lad:
"A Moldavian partisan squad
Is gathering.
Early today the partisans
left their homes.
The road is awaiting you,
the road to the partisans in the deep forest."

Chorus × 2: The maple all curly and green, its leaves carved! Here, under the maple, we will part. The green maple, and curly, and all curly and carved.

And the darkie, the Moldavian
went away along the footpath into the forest.
And I was aggrieved,
That she did not call me with.
And of the darkie, the Moldavian
I have often thought at nights …
Suddenly my darkie
I have met in the squad!

Chorus × 2: The maple all curly and green, its leaves carved. Hello lad, my good, my dearest. The green maple, and curly, and all curly and carved.

Full film (with english subtitles)

Edited by 4./ZG26_Panzerbar
  • Upvote 1

this is the last thing i favourited in youtube:

Just look at his face

Oh yes, the summer map brought a smile to my face as well. Thanks for the clip, is it just me, or does Mr Bean come to mind, when looking at this fellows face? :)

• Upvote 1

i listen to it every time it gets posted, a visionary trol lol :)

Propably the most covered/parodied song ever.

My personal favourite is this extremely nerdy but also kinda awesome explanation of string theory in quantum mechanics. It's cleverly written, done acapella by just one guy, who did it in his spare time while writing his master thesis. That's kinda impressive.

• Upvote 1

how did he do it without headphones to listening to his other selfs to coorddinate?

You can't go wrong with Sabaton.

Stalingrad

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Night Witches

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Aces in Exile

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Wolfpack

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

Cliffs of Gallipoli

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO] Edited by Cybermat47
  • Upvote 1

I actually liked that one Feathered.

It's got a certain Muse-esque sense about it with a bit of Radiohead sprinkled on (Hope I'm not offending anyone with that comparison - certainly not meant as such)

how did he do it without headphones to listening to his other selfs to coorddinate?

There's million was it could've been done, and I can't say for sure that he's now wearing an ear piece. For that matter he could just have rehersed the individual sounds for each and performed them to a silent graphic representation of the tune. Really coordination doesn't matter much with a video that's essentially put together from hundreds of small pieces of footage. The important thing when recording each set of sounds is not, that they are perfectly coordinated, but that they are the right length and tone. Coordination can be adjusted in post editing.

he is neither using a mic, its a highly fishy video

do you think this guys are singing there for real without mics?

who cares none pay attention to those things and people trust by nature

never ever have i seen a singer sing for real without a mic

the amount of bs in this world is such we already got used to the smell and can not detect it any more

i could say its his other dimentional selfs but i reserve that for my thread in my book that guy is a bullshitter who must wrongly think he has a pretty face to show it so much without singing for real, of course youll still think he has the mic or the ceiling or something because im crazy and can not be right

or maybe im having a bad day and i dislike the guy for being an scinetist but still it would be the first singer ever to sing live without a visible mic

Edited by raaaid

edit:

btw mybe im being rude without noticing i hope you dont take it badi just didnt sleep tonight so im grumpy anyway my complains are towards the guy in the video the song is great actually and a great post just i think the guy did playback or something fishy which is most uncool

Hehe raaaid. I can see where you're coming from. You're propably thinking about this particular video:

This guy recorded the video "singing" playback to an existing acapella piece. Originally he didn't even give credit to the actual artist behind the song (an acapella group called "Moosebutter") which ofc makes him a fraud.

The guy who did Bogemian Gravity on the other hand is apparently the real deal, writing and performing the entire thing, though I think he says he had some help with the painstaking editing.

These acapella videos aren't really terribly difficult to make, certainly a lot easier than performing live acapella, they just require lots and lots of recording and editing work. The one-man-acapella vids have been a staple of Youtube for years, and most of them are absolutely real.

i had watched that video and never suspected the slightest, i loved it now you mentioned i was thinking before hey that guy didnt have a mic either

come on so i have a delirium trumans but in a way im right most act and many so full of bs theyre fully covered of it

in all honesty so rare on this world:

i think he either is another fraud who paid some cheap artists like me to do it better cheaper than buying a mic

or he is a multidimensional being whose recording on advance tech live to sound throush space speakers to all the world, thing i dont notice due to im wearing headpohones listening the same

i cant make my mind i give them both a 50% chance

but lets not decieve ourselves i dont that much:

see what i have to recurr to to keep faith in humanity :(

ive been checking a capella solos for some times these are among my favourites:

ive played some poker, most people are trusty for not saying gullible

notice the headphones and expensive mic

this one is obviously playback though i raise 1000 he sings for real himself:

pls ive had a bad day and its slowly improving plz some say i MAY  be right and the no mic is suspicious

Edited by raaaid

edit:

my theory:

that guy composed the song to not be undesrtood by anybody and hence look smart

he thought wow am i awesome ill hyre some cheap artists to record the song for me

ill hyre some editor ...

so in my view all the work that guy put into that song was composing it and the main voice the rest are the usual thing

Edited by raaaid

haha good finding finkeren though not in the way you may have wanted:

pay attention to the video he overacts and becomes even more obviously he lypsincs

why this guy takes crddit of so much other people work

do you think he did playback here:

and who paid all the people who participated in this video or he does it all?

and why everybody in science is up to decieve while appearing the rest wouldnt understand

Edited by raaaid