coconut

Players Can't See Other Players

Hi,

Testing the DServer with my squadron tonight, two of us had a problem where they could not see any other planes. The rest of the players could see them, though.

Obviously, this could be due to a million different things, in my or their router's configuration. I have forwarded ports 28000 (udp+tcp) and 28100 (tcp), I should be OK on that front.

I was just wondering if anybody else experienced the same problem?

For one of the players, the problem fixed itself after some time, but not for the other.

Testing it with our squad and having the exact same issue. Running DServer on the computer I'm flying. One squadmate can't see any players or other AI planes.

Testing it with our squad and having the exact same issue. Running DServer on the computer I'm flying. One squadmate can't see any players or other AI planes.

We tested as well on our 69.GIAP Server and for us it worked with no problems at all.

Maybe it helps if you post your sds file

Edited by =69.GIAP=VLADI

Tangmere Pilots testing on a few different Dservers from our squad and no one has reported it as a problem so far with up to 16 players at one time

I will post my sds file later today, thanks.

Jacko and Vladi; are you guys running your server on a separate machine? I am wondering if running the server on the computer I'm flying is causing issues.

Had a similar problem in RoF, it was caused by my firewall stopping some but not all traffic from RoF (letting through enough to make game work and leave impression there are no firewall problems, but blocking some high ports). If your players have firewalls on their Windows PCs, make sure they turn them off for a moment and see if problem persists.

-IRRE- did some stress-testing yesterday to find out about bandwidth needs. We had about 16 players I think. I first set my upload and download to 10240 and nobody had any problems. Smooth run for every one, even with 32 bots on the map.

I later went down to 750/750 and we started having that problem, which could indicate it's bandwidth-related. The first time I noticed that problem was with 1.09, and the server bandwidth was decided by startup.cfg, where it had its default value, whatever that was (1024?).

People having that problem were easy to identify, their ping was listed as 1 in the server window.

During the test yesterday, I wasn't running the client at all on my PC, only the server.

Did you solve this problem? I'm getting this problem some time ago (prior it worked well). In coop or dogfight, I as host, can see IA but no other players, and players can see other players but not me nor IA. My ports are opened (checked twice and more). But cannot host any game. No problems when connect to others player or server...

The problem disappeared after I upgraded my router's firmware. I haven't had it since then.