Knopfler

Report A Player

Hello to all folks! :salute: 

I open this topic to ask you if there is a possibility of report and possibly punish the most extreme cases , those involved assume such offensive behavior in game .
I don't ever have to deal with childish people who insult for free in the il2 community, these people completely ruin the beautiful atmosphere that has always breathed in this simulator made ​​of respect and serenity .

These days, a certain person with the nick name BlAcK_MaMbA insults and continually disturb the players with kind words , gay, die or shut up noob and other offensive words.

I know that these things happen many times in other games (like Bf or WT) considering that the average age of users is 15 years old i resigned , but to see these people in a simulator like il2 is annoying.

Let me know S!

• Upvote 5

I think I recognize him from WT, and I think he's Russian. 

Anyways, there's a user who recently was banned from the TWB server because all he did was go in bomber gunners and team kill, wish I remembered his tag D:

• Upvote 1

Agree with you Folgore. But now the DServer is out and we got a kick and ban option.

Hope hosts will police their servers in good way ;)

• Upvote 1

So hosts can kick and ban now? Sweet!

Divide and Rule :yahoo:

I saw some bad language on the Wings of Liberty server last night. Felt like I was in WT all over again :( .... Folgore... thanks for bringing this up .... say NO to WT teenagers that have no respect!

• Upvote 1

One thing I have noticed since playing Il2 BOS is the appearance of childish players who have been dishing out insults and using offensive language. I think the term I despise most is "noob". When I hear this I imagine some pimply, arrogant, smug teenager who is used to playing call of duty, eating his doritos and getting a kick out of demeaning new players who havent the 12 years experience in front of the computer as he has. I was always put off by the arrogant, bratty teenager vibe of the first person shooters and other arcade, quick fix, type games and felt comfort in knowing that the fan bases of my beloved flight simulators were, in the majority of cases, of a higher maturity and class to this. Back in the RB3D days you rarely saw this type of behaviour, you definitely never saw the word "noob" appearing. These days you can pick an old hand when you see a "S!" given after a kill. It was a sad day for me when during a routine session in IL2 BOS that I saw messages such as "f*** u f***et" and "noob" being posted. Flight simulations are complex games with steep learning curves, they take years of virtual flying/combat experience to gain the knowledge required to become truly successful in them against the best in the business and you usually find a large contingent of highly intelligent, passionate players in both the game and the forums. I really hope we can bring back the gaming experience and level of respect between players as we had in the past.

The Bf109 is the greatest aircraft in history by the way and I love the coziness of the cockpit....S!

• Upvote 2

If those guys show up, I use the "H". Together with TS it is the most immersive way anyhow.

Edited by Quax

Black Mamba is an excellent pilot, I flown against him quite a few times. He's Russian [AFAIK], so he may or may not understand the connotations of certain words, but yes, I've been insulted by him a few times now as well. 

He can call me b**ch, p***y, noob all he likes, I don't care, but it certainly doesn't add to the atmosphere of a good multiplayer mission, that's for sure.

Even though I hate this behaviour I just don't let it bother me as it just really makes them look stupid lol. The other day I made a stupid mistake and got shot down and insulted by cs-apt or something similar. I replied to his insult saying how very friendly of him. Then I shot him down 3 times in a row with him leaving on the last time. That's the best form of revenge I think

The easiest way I find to deal with individuals who think its cool to insult other players or tell us how macho they are in the virtual world is to have some kind of mute or ignore function in multiplayer (If there is one I can't find it)

When some players have nothing to add to a game other than the immerse size of their own egos I just want to go "click" bye bye .  

Divide and Rule :yahoo:

Divide et impera  :biggrin:

Black Mamba is an excellent pilot, I flown against him quite a few times. He's Russian [AFAIK], so he may or may not understand the connotations of certain words, but yes, I've been insulted by him a few times now as well. 

He can call me b**ch, p***y, noob all he likes, I don't care, but it certainly doesn't add to the atmosphere of a good multiplayer mission, that's for sure.

One thing is insult among friends in a joking way ( you could do comfortably in private ts ) another thing is insult other players for no reason.

Even though I hate this behaviour I just don't let it bother me as it just really makes them look stupid lol. The other day I made a stupid mistake and got shot down and insulted by cs-apt or something similar. I replied to his insult saying how very friendly of him. Then I shot him down 3 times in a row with him leaving on the last time. That's the best form of revenge I think

I was not insulted directly , this person has insulted other players then to me because I asked him politely to moderate the language .

It's true to ignore this kind of people is the best things to do in some cases, but it's not respectful to others who read such words in chat 

Not sure on the solution to be honest, probably just to hide chat and go on teamspeak. Problem for me is I rarely can go on teamspeak

I don't think it is idea Chief I agree, but other than going on TS, I think it would be handy to have a function in multiplayer where you can mute and ignore abusive player in the on screen chat function.

• Upvote 1

I told a 190 to tuck his panties in as he ran home because it was embarrassing... I mean, I can't make my plane go any faster, and he's too far out for guns... don't have missiles... what other choice did I have to get him to turn?

:P

• Upvote 1

I was on the receiving end of those insults. Black Mamba is a great pilot. And he knows that. I'm an OK pilot, really not that great. And he knows that too. But for some reason our score over last couple of days was in my favor like 5:0 and that probably pushed him to over the edge. I understand that this virtual aerial combat is exciting and that sometimes the discussion gets heated up too much. Then it may be frustrating for other people to find some of us are too deep in their emotions to see the world around. In the end it's his embarassment that he can't control his emotions when he loses so I do not call for his ban. Time will sort this out. We are a small community we can't afford to ban people for couple of bad words. He doesn't come to offend people (if you do not count shooting down as offence).

• Upvote 1

I was on the receiving end of those insults. Black Mamba is a great pilot. And he knows that. I'm an OK pilot, really not that great. And he knows that too. But for some reason our score over last couple of days was in my favor like 5:0 and that probably pushed him to over the edge. I understand that this virtual aerial combat is exciting and that sometimes the discussion gets heated up too much. Then it may be frustrating for other people to find some of us are too deep in their emotions to see the world around. In the end it's his embarassment that he can't control his emotions when he loses so I do not call for his ban. Time will sort this out. We are a small community we can't afford to ban people for couple of bad words. He doesn't come to offend people (if you do not count shooting down as offence).

This.  Right here.

Putin-Thumbs-Up-262x300.jpg

Stay awesome, brother.  

• Upvote 1

Guys, no one doubts the skill of a pilot or not, and be a good pilot doesn't justify such behavior.

I think it's fair to also give a warning even to those who enter as a gunner in your plane and wasting all the ammo and shoot their teammates .

It is not fair to accept this behavior in this community , I fly in simulators for years now and I have not ever seen this kind of people .

If these people had a difficult childhood and apparently had no education going crazy when they are shot down , are not justified and it is not our problem , there are other games for them .

As someone said, it must be added the ability to mutate and ignore these abusive players, but also the handy opportunity to vote to kick .

• Upvote 3

Guys, no one doubts the skill of a pilot or not, and be a good pilot doesn't justify such behavior.

I think it's fair to also give a warning even to those who enter as a gunner in your plane and wasting all the ammo and shoot their teammates .

It is not fair to accept this behavior in this community , I fly in simulators for years now and I have not ever seen this kind of people .

If these people had a difficult childhood and apparently had no education going crazy when they are shot down , are not justified and it is not our problem , there are other games for them .

As someone said, it must be added the ability to mutate and ignore these abusive players, but also the handy opportunity to vote to kick .

+1

Personally, I'd issue warnings first, but no one should have to tolerate abusive behavior.   Harboring people like that is a good way to lose the friendly pilots too. 

• Upvote 1

There got to be consequences for behavior like this, other wise he'll never learn. Guys like this are scaring a lot of newer players from the online part of the game. I read a lot of offliners complaining about this exact behavior, as they reason they don't want to go online anymore.

I'd rather have ten new guys and ten offliners in my team than  buthurt "aces" who complain or insult others all the time.

So in the end the question is, how many new guys, potentially fun and friendly guys are you willing to loose because of this scumbag?

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 1

Don't have to ban them just have some way mute and ignore them, then they can just tell themselves how great and awesome they are.  

• Upvote 1

Then you'd constantly have a message like

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by BraveSirRobinView it anyway?

pop up in the chat bar. Not ideal, especially given how atrociously huge the font is. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, yeah would be cool to be able to ignore folks in chat. I wonder how much effort it would be to combine the forum ignore with an ingame system, given that the accounts are linked anyway.

In my case, if I go to one server, and one user send me a offensive message, first I will ask for admin, second I never will enter to this server if no admin inside using kick or ban option. Is this the solution? Is this that people that create server want?

Easy solution has this, I think, like Il2 1946....some servers for some people

Yes, most games have this and boS needs it.

Dunno how hard it is to implement but it should be there.

Atleast an "ignore" player option at best, turning off all chat isnt that great.

I don't fly MP, but seems like I read that ROF added the ability to " vote to kick" recently?

If u are a new player and scared of this type of behaviour please don't be put off as for every ass there will be a lot more players that are sensible, just try and chat to the nice ones and they almost always will try give u cover or offer tips etc

Lol and watch out if someone say press ctr E for anything

Edited by AeroAce
  • Upvote 1

Yes, most games have this and boS needs it.

Dunno how hard it is to implement but it should be there.

Atleast an "ignore" player option at best, turning off all chat isnt that great.

Yeah I have seen this too. You click a box that says 'Mute'. Maybe they can have a 'Chat Mute' for all players and just certain players. That way there is no need for a ban due to language.

No one I have seen post here is advocating green-lighting trolls to just run their sewers 24/7...  and there should definitely be an ignore option for chat, not to mention a complete chat overhaul (channels, buffer to scroll back, private messages, etc)... I've personally not seen any "abuse" at all as far as the chat goes, but I don't have a lot of time in MP compared to many of you I am sure. 

But there is a balance to be struck here... it's a  competitive war sim... a robust dialogue should be expected... conversely harassment and actual abuse should not be tolerated.

The best solution would be to make a crusade against these people , forced labor and a slice of bread and a glass of water a day,
or making them work for free in the 1c games studios and some use them as punching bags to relieve the stress of the developers. 

Have you any other ideas?

Have the devs set the tailwheel to permanently unlocked for every single plane on their account. (assuming groundstart servers)

Or lock all their modifications. Permanently.

+ 100

Or lock all their modifications. Permanently.

Naval Action seems to have the ability to wipe out people's progress so they lose all the ships they have unlocked if they behave like idiots.....

Naval Action seems to have the ability to wipe out people's progress so they lose all the ships they have unlocked if they behave like idiots.....

Oh wow, I was joking when I said that, I didn't know any game actually had that system... but for that to be a proper incentive BoS needs a lot more unlocks! :D

But to add to what everyone else said, a "mute" button would be a very handy feature in-game. 

There is NEVER an excuse to insult or use foul language. Vote to kick and if he is kicked a second time he cannot join a MP server again for the rest of the week. That will quickly teach them to behave like civil adults. Besides, it is the ultimate form of cowardice to insult someone whilst you hide in your room thousands of kms away.

• Upvote 3

As for me, the other-worldly, namely foreigners fly on your servers, and then you have a bad internet connection, and you are all buggy, you fly priryvesto, and it is terribly annoying pilots of the CIS, lastly, I want to add that you can fly and on the BF-109 stratosfere.Privet you with love from the CIS on the script stop crying like a girl, if you wrote something in the game!

Edited by LoKi
  • Upvote 1

I remembered another fact . A couple of days ago I met a guy in mp with a name similar to MadMax who blew himself up voluntarily in the taxi area dropping a bomb from his Stuka .
At first , I thought of a mistake , perhaps inadvertently pressed the button , but after a few seconds , he then confirmed in chat his suicide instinct with the intention to blow us up.
This is the classic type of players that deserve a permaban

There is NEVER an excuse to insult or use foul language. Vote to kick and if he is kicked a second time he cannot join a MP server again for the rest of the week. That will quickly teach them to behave like civil adults. Besides, it is the ultimate form of cowardice to insult someone whilst you hide in your room thousands of kms away.

Holy words. Amen 

Edited by Folgore90