Zak

Developer Diary, Part 90 - Discussion

Desastersoft made campaigns for CloD including the real medals, may be they pick up the new IL-2 as well.

• Upvote 1

So it means that all flighsims I have flown up till today did it wrong?

No I don't think so, but it's nice to think of how other folks may feel about it.

BoMa :-)

But before that i hope for BoK. Would love to get my hands to an La5FN and HS129

I'm hoping for a BoMed, complete with spits, warhawks, MC.202s and '109s galore!

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping for a BoMed, complete with spits, warhawks, MC.202s and '109s galore!

My hope - and dream - is Battle of France 1940. Bf-109C, Bf-190D, Bf-109E, Do-17, Ju-87B, Ju-52, Ju-88, He-111.... and Dewoitine D-520, Hawk-75, MS-405, MS-406, Bloch MB-152, Bloch MB-200, Lioré et Olivier etc etc etc - and ofcourse Fiat Cr.32 Chirri, Fiat Cr.42 Falco, Fiat G.50, Macchi MC-200 Saetta, Regiane Re-2000, Fiat Br-42 etc etc etc...Are that beauties dream only? Maybe... Nobody did this WW2 era in flightsim. Unfortunately. Maybe will 777 first... 

Edited by II./JG1_Baron
  • Upvote 7

BoMa :-)

But before that i hope for BoK. Would love to get my hands to an La5FN and HS129

Sorry my ignorance.

Is "K" for Kursk or Kuban ? I rally would like to see the battle of Kuban developed by 777-1C

Like it or not, WWII medals are historically much more contentious than WWI medals. Swastikas and communist imagery abound on WWII medals and raise a lot of emotions, not all positive. If the developers don't want to put their hands into that wasps' nest, what is honestly the major problem with that? 

Although I support the historically correct medals. I totally agree with you

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Costa

My hope - and dream - is Battle of France 1940. Bf-109C, Bf-190D, Bf-109E, Do-17, Ju-87B, Ju-52, Ju-88, He-111.... and Dewoitine D-520, Hawk-75, MS-405, MS-406, Bloch MB-152, Bloch MB-200, Lioré et Olivier etc etc etc - and ofcourse Fiat Cr.32 Chirri, Fiat Cr.42 Falco, Fiat G.50, Macchi MC-200 Saetta, Regiane Re-2000, Fiat Br-42 etc etc etc...Are that beauties dream only? Maybe... Nobody did this WW2 era in flightsim. Unfortunately. Maybe will 777 first... 

+100000

My hope is that one day the "Defence of the Reich" is brought to fruition as a comprehensive flight sim. It maybe too much of an undertaken to be honest though, due to the sheer number of aircraft involved and the diversity of missions that where undertaken   :blink:

Edited by OriginalCustard

My hope is that one day the "Defence of the Reich" is brought to fruition as a comprehensive flight sim. It maybe too much of an undertaken to be honest though, due to the sheer number of aircraft involved and the diversity of missions that where undertaken   :blink:

And let's not talk about the size of the map!!!

• Upvote 1

[/JG51Costa' timestamp=1425913866' post='241978] Sorry my ignorance. Is "K" for Kursk or Kuban ? I rally would like to see the battle of Kuban developed by 777-1C

No ignorance, i let it open on purpose ;) . Both of them would present the best Russian-German encounter in terms of plane models in my opinion ("balanced"). I myself would definitely prefer Kuban - harbors to bomb, ships to attack  :biggrin:

a map from Simferopol in the west and Krasnodar in the east, with the Street of Kertsch in between, that would be awesome :) Could cover a timeframe of well over a year (until mid 44), with plenty different stages of planes, and seasons, and front line shift, all in between a Map which isn't bigger then the current Stalingrad map. 

Edited by Celestiale

And let's not talk about the size of the map!!!

Not to mention the cost of the add on 4 engine bombers both in time to produce and to purchase for us end users.

I'm still hoping that someone, some day, sees the light and gives us a proper North Africa/Med sim.   That would be amazing.

• Upvote 2

Not to mention the cost of the add on 4 engine bombers both in time to produce and to purchase for us end users.

I'm still hoping that someone, some day, sees the light and gives us a proper North Africa/Med sim.   That would be amazing.

+1 to that

Still a late 1944-1945 scenario on western and southern Germany maybe, with operations of the 2nd Taf and 9th Air Force against the Luftwaffe could be doable…

There a reason you guys refuse to use actual medals? I mean there are plenty, and lots of post war versions without the you-know-whats.

Legally, as they have such laws where you can't criticize the Red Army in WWII could land you 3-5 years in prison, I don't think Putin would like it if someone (especially a Westerner) earns "Hero of the Soviet Union" in a video game xD

Here's a video of the upcoming DM improvements  :)  

Edited by JG4_Sputnik

Not that impressive to be honest, the damage seems only to effect the surface while the structure in the wings are not damaged. 

And the break of the little wing at 1:22 for example seems like in BOS, the hits are nowere near of the breakpoint.

Not that impressive? Its the first time I see single holes from bullets in a structure and that many parts (polygons) falling of the wings...

• Upvote 2

:poster_offtopic:

Sure you see single hits, and the grafic effects are very good, but almost no internal damage is visible, and the wings break in chunks just like in BOS.

Just my first impressions after watching the video

Edited by Saurer

yeah its excellent, im looking forward to see this in bos

• Upvote 2

Still a late 1944-1945 scenario on western and southern Germany maybe, with operations of the 2nd Taf and 9th Air Force against the Luftwaffe could be doable…

Yep, I hope one day it's given a go.

Well, I'll just state here I'm hoping for the battle of Britain, the Italian, pacific, Mediterranean, west European theaters, the battle of france, spanish civil war, korean war....

Anything else?   ;)

Looking forward to seeing every step 1C and 777 take with all future WW2 projects :)

.... ,(day dreaming  :happy:).. Oh, I recorded some current damage model stuff last night, if you anyone want's to see it,  If so, Ill assemble a short flick. There was some very reckless flying on my behalf shall we say, with plane ramming. Luck was pushed to the limit. Another example was chasing a Yak on the deck, where you can see the damage all over the plane.

Looking forward to seeing every step 1C and 777 take with all future WW2 projects :)

.... ,(day dreaming  :happy:).. Oh, I recorded some current damage model stuff last night, if you anyone want's to see it,  If so, Ill assemble a short flick. There was some very reckless flying on my behalf shall we say, with plane ramming. Luck was pushed to the limit. Another example was chasing a Yak on the deck, where you can see the damage all over the plane.

I'm thinking of making a DM/CM showcase and suggestion thread, that'll be nice there!  

+1 

Can't restrain myself to enlight your wish once more as it's mine too! :biggrin:

the early war period in poland and more especially during BOFwere so intense and interesting.... and full of heroïc pilots too...dealing with the unknown and much feared Blitzkrieg...

Doing also a pretty good link with the early air war period from WW1 by involving both 1st generation and 2nd generation of warbirds (Biplane VS Monoplane, high drag wing profile VS low drag wing profile,....)

And of course a massive clash of both war Strategy AND Tactics... 

So much to do...dreamin' :rolleyes:

:salute:

+1 

Can't restrain myself to enlight your wish once more as it's mine too! :biggrin:

the early war period in poland and more especially during BOFwere so intense and interesting.... and full of heroïc pilots too...dealing with the unknown and much feared Blitzkrieg...

Doing also a pretty good link with the early air war period from WW1 by involving both 1st generation and 2nd generation of warbirds (Biplane VS Monoplane, high drag wing profile VS low drag wing profile,....)

And of course a massive clash of both war Strategy AND Tactics... 

So much to do...dreamin' :rolleyes:

:salute:

It would also be very interesting to see a SCW addition, as it is a very interesting time in terms of military aviation doctrine and tactics, along with a wide range of technology.

I-15s to I-16s, He-51s to BF-109s and Stukas, then mix in the Spanish countryside.   :cool:

This 1.010 would be great news again !  :)

Thank you so much for the hard and great work, as usual !!  :biggrin:

Sorry for little skid :

From 1.009,

1. Oxygen system added. In case when it’s damaged or when runs out of oxygen, the pilot will suffer more severe overloads on high altitudes;

Let's say I run out of oxygen at an altitude of about 8000m (~26000 feet) and I keep this level. Shoudn't I experience more problems than just "more severe overloads" ? No irony there, just a question. :)

-----------------

I didn't fly since the come of the 1.009 because of some reasons, but can't wait to get back to your fantastic baby that I see growing week after week as the state of the art of progeny !  ;)

Edited by Solmyr
  • Upvote 1

This 1.010 would be great news again !  :)

Thank you so much for the hard and great work, as usual !!  :biggrin:

Sorry for little skid :

From 1.009,

1. Oxygen system added. In case when it’s damaged or when runs out of oxygen, the pilot will suffer more severe overloads on high altitudes;

Let's say I run out of oxygen at an altitude of about 8000m (~26000 feet) and I keep this level. Shoudn't I experience more problems than just "more severe overloads" ? No irony there, just a question. :)

-----------------

I didn't fly since the come of the 1.009 because of some reasons, but can't wait to get back to your fantastic baby that I see growing week after week as the state of the art of progeny !  ;)

I was also wondering about the severity of asphyxiation just a little bit of that ol' oxygen deprivation.   ;)

Hopefully they aren't afraid to have it lead to injury, incapacitation, or even death, as bad as those things are.

• Upvote 2

Great work. Keep it going on this direction. 

Dear friends,

Unfortunatelly we won't be able to deploy the 1.010 version this week. It really needs more quality assurance. We want it to be stable before it goes public. Sorry for making you expect the update this week.

• Upvote 8

Dear friends,

Unfortunatelly we won't be able to deploy the 1.010 version this week. It really needs more quality assurance. We want it to be stable before it goes public. Sorry for making you expect the update this week.

It takes what it takes, better to be sure :)

You can't only imagine how much I agree with you !!

Would be a concrete dream for me.

I was also wondering about the severity of asphyxiation just a little bit of that ol' oxygen deprivation.   ;)

Hopefully they aren't afraid to have it lead to injury, incapacitation, or even death, as bad as those things are.

Thank you for answer. :)

Dear friends,

No problem :-)

Thank you for giving the information.

And still for your great team work of course.

By the way, any good news from your sick developper who did all that good things for us ?..

Edited by Solmyr

Dear friends,

Hi Zak,

I know there will be no updated. But when may preordered BOM?

Guys,

Pre-order for BOM is looking like an April kick-off as of now. Could change still, but this is our current estimate. Much work is needed to be done to the website to support it. But it's coming. Stay tuned...

Jason