1./JG42Nephris

Translator: Influence Area - Conquering Locations (Dm/df)

The RoF Community wiki has been gone for some reaosn ,maybe due the new forums?

It was a good resource to check some faq. Is it still online anywhere=?

Well, however I know fiddled around with Influence Area yrs ago in RoF.

On topic:

I think I was using it as changing background from blue to red in certai nareas by de/activating ??? Neverthelss I am unsire if I remind correctly.

Is that Translator working in BoS at all? If yes can someone light me up how to?

My target is actually to create a straight battleroute, on which tanks are rolling and conquer village after village.

I was expecting something like that could have been done with the "Influence Area" ... right now and after some testing I am unsure, if it is possible that way.

On the one hand I ve to do it functional, means new assets must be activated and the defenders assets needs to be deactivated ( would do it by siple de/activation triggers).

On the other hand there should be a way to do it visual, so pilots are aware of which area is "vlue" and which is "red".

Some input  would be very helpfull :blush:

We use the same to mark targets completed on our RoF server and to determinate the territories so if you have to crash land you allways know where is friendly territory just by looking at the map, since the influence area is shown in the inflight map.

Sadly is not working in BoS, that's why we use the column smoke to mark objectives completed for now. I have reported this to the team so hopefully is back soon.

We use the same to mark targets completed on our RoF server and to determinate the territories so if you have to crash land you allways know where is friendly territory just by looking at the map, since the influence area is shown in the inflight map.

Sadly is not working in BoS, that's why we use the column smoke to mark objectives completed for now. I have reported this to the team so hopefully is back soon.

Haashashin, i discovered last wednesday, that DED has found a solution for the objective done. They use an airfield which is neutral and become german or russian when the objective is completed. Airfield are on the top of the map. The mission is on the DED expert Stalingrad. ;)

I hope that we can use the tric we use on RoF as soon as possible, and that line in the influence area will be show on the map like in Rof, which could provide a dynamic front.

We used to use up to 14 of those in some of our RoF missions, 2 huge ones (marking the sides territories) and 12 small triangulars ones (to mark the done objectives) and server never crashed or stutter cus of it ;). We changed that when Vander found a nicer way to do the same thing.

Im allways talking about MP, for SP I normally only use the 2 big ones so It could be different there.