6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

When Will I Be Able To Throw More Money At The 1C/777 Guys?

I believe pre-orders are going to begin this month.

I just want to know they're 'hearing us' before chucking any more cash their way. There's a lot to like about BOS but also a lot to dislike from a simmer perspective. 

Throwing more maps and aircraft at it does not really help much. The developers really need to improve the depth of gameplay. The current user experience is only just acceptable.

• Upvote 11

Throwing more maps and aircraft at it does not really help much. The developers really need to improve the depth of gameplay. The current user experience is only just acceptable.

Well, since according to certain individuals this chapter (BOS) is getting one last major update before they turn attention to BOM chapter, I don't see how this would be happening.

Well, since according to certain individuals this chapter (BOS) is getting one last major update before they turn attention to BOM chapter, I don't see how this would be happening.

Who said that?

One of the dev updates mentioned summer and autumn Stalingrad maps plus single player campaigns coming for those in the fall. So there's more content arriving and seeing as the two products are tightly connected that will mean that improvements for BoM will spread to BoS anyways. Anything core technology related anyways.

Yeah I want in on the first day this time so I don't miss any founder perks

100% agree.

A BoM with Moscow city it is not popular to made it. And what is BoM without the beautiful Moscow City, nothing!  Some BoM Planes are compared to BoS Oldtimers and outdated. What comes after BoM WWI planes? :lol:

Really who need a Bf-109 F-2? If I have a Bf-109 F-4.  Both have the same MG 17 and MG151. Only the engine and weight is different.

A Mig-3 with AM-38 engine could be nice. :)

I dont understand why we go backwards the WWII timeline. Why was BoM not the first one and then comes the BoS release? :umnik2:

Throw them money for what work? For recycle the current planes, FMs, DMs from BoS and from the CloD Sequel "BoM"? :rofl:

Really who need a Bf-109 F-2? If I have a Bf-109 F-4.  Both have the same MG 17 and MG151. Only the engine and weight is different.

S!

MG 151/20 vs MG151/15 is not the same through.

Zettman

100% agree.

A BoM with Moscow city it is not popular to made it. And what is BoM without the beautiful Moscow City, nothing!  Some BoM Planes are compared to BoS Oldtimers and outdated. What comes after BoM WWI planes? :lol:

I dont understand why we go backwards the WWII timeline. Why was BoM not the first one and then comes the BoS release? :umnik2:

Throw them money for what work? For recycle the current planes, FMs, DMs from BoS and from the CloD Sequel "BoM"? :rofl:

I agree with Feathered that I do expect BoM to enhance the gameplay and core technologies. Better single player campaign missions, more variety, more types, more random events, more investment in historical squadrons and markings... just as an example.

As for going backwards in time... not a big deal IMHO. Moscow was a definitive point in the WWII timeline and well worth representing. I'm not sure why that's an issue. If we're going back there then having the key types of aircraft available are also important so while the F-2 isn't that different than the F-4 it is important to have the F-2 instead of the F-4 at Moscow. Plus all new types include some very much talked about fan favourites so I say bring them on.

MiG-3 AM-38... I'm up for that! I hope that's one of the unlocks/options for the MiG-3.

I'm ready for more but I'm hoping and assuming that we'll be seeing more than just some new planes added and that additional features and more depth will be built into the core of the game. They have just started their announcements so I'm hoping for more on these areas as time goes on. Then I'll be ready to throw them some more money.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

100% agree.

I like BOM planeset much better than BOS´s

I do hope they change directions on what constitutes a good SP campaign, and make it more like traditional campaigns have been, following a pilot's career. And do away with the unlocks idea completely.

This time around, I will likely not be pre-ordering BOM but following it's development with high hopes...

No "Mods On" mode really did it for you, eh? Glad to see you coming around.

No "Mods On" mode really did it for you, eh? Glad to see you coming around.

Yep. That broke me.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for the I-16 and Bf-110 with BoS level of quality and detail.

100% agree.

Star Wars movie series started with the final....and ended with the beginning....and they are great :)

I'm still on the fence about BoM.  While I think BoS is a great flight sim, it's just not as fun as the other hardcore sims out there.

I'm still on the fence about BoM.  While I think BoS is a great flight sim, it's just not as fun as the other hardcore sims out there.

What's missing in your opinion?

*Serious question*

Still missing a career mode to make all those planes worth it.

What is the point of having 20 different planes to fly when there is no reason to fly them? No pilot worth bringing back home alive. No wingmen worth protecting. No sense of being part of a larger war. No "just one more mission before I go to bed".

Edited by MolotoK
  • Upvote 5

That's my position as well. More planes and maps etc are probably ideal for those happy with the current core game but as someone that thinks the core is seriously lacking it does nothing to help.

I'm dubious about what the mission editor will bring in terms of quality content to fly the existing aircraft in. My experience with other games (note: games) is that it's pretty rare for the community to produce content on par with the original development. I guess a lot depends on the scope of the tools the community has to work with.

Good points above, the main thing that's missing for me is a third party campaign by Desastersoft.  ;)

• Upvote 1

Still missing a career mode to make all those planes worth it.

What is the point of having 20 different planes to fly when there is no reason to fly them? No pilot worth bringing back home alive. No wingmen worth protecting. No sense of being part of a larger war. No "just one more mission before I go to bed".

Campaign really needs some connectivity between missions, I agree. But full RoF career is appearantly not possible so I would settle for simpler campaign type. Something like you pick your unit or plane at start screen and mission generator does the rest for all chapters until the end of Stalingrad battle. And better briefings etc.

I really hope campaign improves further as the rest of the game does. Present campaign mission generator is good base for improved campaign, there are pretty good missions sometimes even now IMO.

Edited by Zami

Which plane will we have first in the early access, I-16 is my guess.

100% agree.

We really do not know what BoM will be... It never ceases to amaze me how folks in the flight sim community get their shorts in a knot or get all hyper'pinionated .. at the mere announcement .. of plan.. it is really

spock_fascinating_zpses3rdidp.jpg

Yes.. all the new AC will be nice.... I am really looking forward to the I-16 and the P-40 myself... but I won't really be happy till I get my Pony.... ;)

Probably because the ERs across many continents would not have been able to handle the exploded heads of all the CoD fans.... Maybe they were thinking of a lawsuit from the medical establishment ...

I'm just sayin.....

• Upvote 1

Probably because the ERs across many continents would not have been able to handle the exploded heads of all the CoD fans.... Maybe they were thinking of a lawsuit from the medical establishment ...

I'm just sayin.....

Nice...

Not quite sure how that enters into this discussion, but you do realize probably many folks here also fly and enjoy other sims as well - like CoD?