Sign in to follow this  
fjacobsen

How To Set Formation # For Wingmen

I have made a very simple mission that does work, though I cannot give orders to my wingman.

My flight consist of player in a BF-109F and an AI wingman also in a BF-109F.

Starting from the runway.

I have set the wingman to follow me, and that does work.

I have also set him as the number 1 in formation (As leader I´m no. 0)

But when I look on the properties of the wingman he is still listed as Formation # 0 in the grey box.

I think in order to give him commands, this Formation number should be 1, since I'm 0.

I have tried to group the player and AI wingman, but I simply cannot find a way to change Formation #.

Can anyone help ?

Beforehand thanks

FinnJ

Yes I have

And I can also click on player aircraft (Leader) and then slect Change formation and arrange wingman position within formations, i.e wether a certain aircraft should be wingman #1, #2 or #3.

But regardsless the greyed out Formation # box remains at 0.

FinnJ

Im not at my computer but if I recall correct the formation number won't change from 0 if you only have 1 wingman. You don't need to set a formation number when only one plane is following you.

Aha - that makes sense.

But maybe You can help me make my wingman respond to my commands ?

He follow me all the way staying behind and to the right. He also attach the artillery.

Pressing f.eks "Orders" -> "Commands" - "Formation" - "Plane V-formation", makes my Pilot tell the wingman to do so, but he does not seem to respond.

Here is the mission I´m working on: Missions.zip

It´s rather simple and only used for me to learn how to make missions with the editor.

As such I find the FMB good. I'm getting better understanding the logic. Important is to forget about the old IL-2 1946 editor and DCS and adapt to this rather different way of doing things.

Beforehand thanks.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

I never used formations with only one plane but also V formation doesn't make sense for a 2 panes formation ;). Try the one that's is right or left...I can't remember the correct name of it. Well be back to my PC later today.

Got it working...

They do respond to commands, but does not radio back.

Thanks for the help I got.

FinnJ

• Upvote 1