Zak

Pre-order and early access - discussion

FlatSpinMan is correct, it was precised by Zak there

You do not have permission to view this forum.

I remember reading something somewhere.

But I can't follow the link, Rama. Is that thread archived or something?

Edited by I/JG27_Rollo

Ooops... sorry...

Well... what was said there by Zak was:

Founder bonuses are guaranteed to users when they buy preorder, it does not matter when they activate such key

I still do not like to play online but nobody cares because "online" is "in" and no so difficult to make?!

In the rare casses I play online it is in the "coop" mode all "human" players against the machines, it is fun and no killing other peolples!

That is my only negative point in all this story. :cool:

• Upvote 1

I still do not like to play online but nobody cares because "online" is "in" and no so difficult to make?!

In the rare casses I play online it is in the "coop" mode all "human" players against the machines, it is fun and no killing other peolples!

That is my only negative point in all this story. :cool:

I know it is my personal opinion, but the online game is not "in" for no reason, but because once you play online against real people who are going to give you a run for your money and butterflies in the stomach, you never again go back to offline play. It just dies right there, forever buried. At least this is how I think. I am probably never going back to offline play.

Since the mission editor is going to be the same as the one of ROF, we ordinary gamers will not be able to make our own missions anyway. It is kind of a dead end to me. I just use the offline features of ROF to tweak the graphics or to train with a plane. Other than that...

I know it is my personal opinion, but the online game is not "in" for no reason, but because once you play online against real people who are going to give you a run for your money and butterflies in the stomach, you never again go back to offline play. It just dies right there, forever buried. At least this is how I think. I am probably never going back to offline play.

Since the mission editor is going to be the same as the one of ROF, we ordinary gamers will not be able to make our own missions anyway. It is kind of a dead end to me. I just use the offline features of ROF to tweak the graphics or to train with a plane. Other than that...

Im a normal gamer. I figured out the editor using some "groups" made by some community members. It actully made making a quick mission fairly easy. But as with anything the more complicated you want to make it the harder it will become to make.

Im a normal gamer. I figured out the editor using some "groups" made by some community members. It actully made making a quick mission fairly easy. But as with anything the more complicated you want to make it the harder it will become to make.

I gave it a third try and it comes to a point where I just give up.  There are no comprehensive tutorials and the manual is incomplete for me. Only Vander has a series of YouTube videos explaining how to create an ordinary recon mission with interception and he is very good with the explaining, but after a certain point my brain just melts down. And he is just scratching the surface of it. And I am smart enough to comprehend that it gets exponentially complicated as the mission evolves and I have little free time to dedicate to it. 

And there is the question of simplicity. It was created internally for the developers, with no intention to make it easy anyway. To work with something that you know that can be way easier is more painful than the pain itself, because it is like: "why am I punishing myself like that?" I would only really learn to work with it if I had someone by my side, or through TS, to explain every step for several sessions. Maybe someone to create a mission in a partnership, which again I don't have free time to match my schedule with another person.

Funnily enough, all the veterans at ROF forum say that the mission editor is not for the average user. 

But maybe I am wrong, along with all the people at ROF who don't know how to use it either. 
  • Upvote 2

Though the early access stage 'begins' on the 12th, is it still correct to assume that the initial activation of the game will not begin until the 19th? All these dates are a bit too much for my little brain.

All these dates are a bit too much for my little brain.

Delete 12th from your memory, rewrite it with 19th. Confussion problem solved :D

So this post by Zak just yesterday was another typo...?

Just to remind to everyone:

1) The Founders pre-order program ends today, November 11th....

2) Early access stage begins on November 12th. ...

Edited by Feathered_IV

No, he clearly wrote that finishing of pre-order program will go as planned. Therefore we're now in early access stage but no playing early access until 19th. Not sure if this is the explanation you were looking for? (not sure what you meant by "the initial activation of the game" - game was activated for you the moment you tied your game-key to your account so golden founder bar showed up under your avatar) Edited by Marrond

Maybe it's a typo or we get a surprise today :) ?? surely 'early access' only starts when get get access, you can't say the early access starts on the 12th but we don't get the sim until the 19th?

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's a typo or we get a surprise today :) ?? surely 'early access' only starts when get get access, you can't say the early access starts on the 12th but we don't get the sim until the 19th?

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise it'd be a bit like getting out of your trench on the 4th of November to celebrate the armistice.

As much as I'd love it to be otherwise, I think it's pretty much as Marrond wrote: we're in the early access stage, meaning that the founder's-pre-order-program has ended but it'll not be until monday that we get to download the game client.

They'd let us know about something as eagerly awaited as playing BoS for the first time and they're not going to go like: "Surprise! Here's your early access game, ready today. Have fun."

No.

Unless they'd really want to surprise us ... come on Loft, surprise us! You know you want to! :biggrin:

Buyers of the Standard Edition of the Pre-Order Program will get early access in December 2013 prior to public release (the exact date will be announced later). Buyers of the Premium Edition will get the early access on November 19th 2013. Upgrade from the Standard to the Premium Edition is not available.

You must be kidding me.

We're a bunch of guys that did hurry to buy this game during pre-order to get early access (which was supposed to be 11th of november when i bought it) and what i read there is that people that buy it from now on will try it earlier than us standard edition founders ?!

I don't think you wrote something about a difference between standard and premium about early access before.

Edited by akmotte

akmotte it was stated clearly that Premium Preorder will have early access autumn 2013 (and we're at the end of it as it is, postponed to 19th November), while Standard Preorder will gain early access since winter 2013. These informations were on the main page, right next to the Purchase buttons under each of the packs. As it is you should consider yourself lucky in regard of early access since "autumn early access" was reduced to "end of autumn" while Standard Preorder will launch as announced in December. (which means if you've purchased Premium for the sole reason to play earlier than the others you would now be real mad, as some users were here)

Just next time read the terms before you lay the cash on the table since information was well exposed in the packs comparision table ;)

Edited by Marrond

As much as I'd love it to be otherwise, I think it's pretty much as Marrond wrote: we're in the early access stage, meaning that the founder's-pre-order-program has ended but it'll not be until monday that we get to download the game client.

But that's the confusion, it's not early access if...well...we don't have access.

My mistake, i guess it was pretty clear when i bought it as i read that comparison chart and that info then changed in the mists of my mind.

I think what led me into that mistake is the dev blog news where it just states "November 12-14 will become the dates of the very first early access session." when it should be "early access for premium"

Edited by akmotte

But that's the confusion, it's not early access if...well...we don't have access.

Yeah I agree that it can be confusing.

Early access stage or phase is the important part here imo.

I guess it's like having gotten the driver's license but dad hasn't bought the car yet - sorry, I can't come up with a better comparison before lunch. :biggrin:

EDIT: removed hypoglykemia-incuded grammatical nonsense.

Edited by I/JG27_Rollo

My mistake, i guess it was pretty clear when i bought it as i read that comparison chart and that info then changed in the mists of my mind.

Sure. Anyway you didn't lost much buddy (except for Fw190 A3 and La5, few unlocks and an exclusive skins) so nothing to get worried about ;)

"Stage" is the keyword here - before we were in "Pre-Order Stage", while now we're in "Early Access Stage" - that doesn't necessarily mean anything except for what has been stated, which means end of preorders, also as far as I can remember they were using these terms earlier. It's just like difference between "Ancient" and "Medieval" - just because we're one step in Medieval doesn't make us knights already, right? Just a step into progression on timeline. English is not my main language although I have no idea why would you read it otherwise (besides there's no logic backing it either... after DevDiary38 cryout they wouldn't open DevDiary39 with "we're late so it will be postponed" - keep in might it's a rough translation - to potentialy infuriate part of the community even more)

that is still incorrect

I now understand the meaning, but saying we're in the early-access stage means the current stage is early access, therefor we should have acess..

the correct thing to say should have been..  the pre-order stage ends on the 12th, we'll start the early access stage on the 19th.

Edited by Hadwell

Yeah I agree that it can be confusing.

Early access stage or phase is the important part here imo.

I guess it's like having gotten the driver's license but dad hasn't bought the car yet - sorry, I can't come up with a better comparison before lunch. :biggrin:

EDIT: removed hypoglykemia-incuded grammatical nonsense.

Hello :-)

Autum (we call it Fall) ENDS Dec 21'st when Winter begins.

We will get the game Nov 19th (which is Autum) but only 30% of the game. So your analogy is wrong. You got your drivers license but only 30% of the car. At least the car runs and you can drive it around. The game is in alpha stage.

My guess is standard edition owners will get access  after Dec 21 at some point.

People need to keep up with the dev blogs and not read into early access what YOU THINK early access means !

Early access does not give MultiPlayer, Quick Mission Builder, or Mission Editor, and they NEVER said it would.

This had been explained sooooo many times before too !

Edited by thx1138

that is still incorrect

I now understand the meaning, but saying we're in the early-access stage means the current stage is early access, therefor we should have acess..

the correct thing to say should have been..  the pre-order stage ends on the 12th, we'll start the early access stage on the 19th.

We are in the Twilight zone.

Autum (we call it Fall) ENDS Dec 21'st when Winter begins.

You're wrong! Autumn ends when snow starts to fall and bears are opening 1st bottle of vodka to celebrate the winter. Atleast here in east Europe :P

• Upvote 1

We are in the Twilight zone.

I'm now confused, hungry and have a headache - and I only came here to find out when we had early access. It's like saying "this Christmas we're running an early access phase, you can have your presents now but you can't open them until Christmas Day - enjoy" the 'early' part of the statement is meaningless but I digress, I need to go and find some paracetamol and food - in that order

I hereby officially declare this the: end-of-preorder-just-before-early-access-but-don't-yet-have-access-until-most-probably-next-week-yay stage.

So happy EOPJBEABDYHAUMPNWY-Stage everyone.

@thx1138 - that we don't get the complete game by next week has been clear to me from the very beginning. I don't know where you read that into my statement. :huh:

I also stated in the same post that the analogy might not be the best...

Edited by I/JG27_Rollo

I hereby officially declare this the: end-of-preorder-just-before-early-access-but-don't-yet-have-access-until-most-probably-next-week-yay stage.

@thx1138 - that we don't get the complete game by next week has been clear to me from the very beginning. I don't know where you read that into my statement. :huh:

I also stated in the same post that the analogy might not be the best...

Hi and sorry Rollo.

I was just heading off others who still might have not got the memo yet. I was just making a blanket statement (s)

Just a thought for all the really unhappy people lurking here.

He Who Is Free Of Sin Can Cast The First Stone.

ALL of us have screwed up on our jobs/work/social before in life and we always want the boss/customer/friends to be understanding. So just as we want others to be understanding of ourselves, so should we be to others.

Anyone can get tied up. The devs are being real gents at not letting us get our hands on something that would make them look bad and make us angry. That's my feeling.

YMMV

I can see you're skilled in the acronym game, it's short, sweet and and hits the spot, a bit like my bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes Edited by Revvin

You're wrong! Autumn ends when snow starts to fall and bears are opening 1st bottle of vodka to celebrate the winter. Atleast here in east Europe :P

I was afraid to tell you about this before, but it's true. Thx Marrond! ;)

that is still incorrect

It is all a matter of semantics. We are in the early access phase. Consider this like the pause between songs on a CD.

[...]

I was just heading off others who still might have not got the memo yet. I was just making a blanket statement (s)

[...]

Ah, sorry then. I misread the capital "YOU". :salute:

@Revvin: thanks. I'm still trying to pronounce it somehow. :biggrin:

Edited by I/JG27_Rollo

Just do what we do and don't leave ANY trash out ! Bears are a pain in the ass here, but only if people are careless... (200lbs black bears)

And the day they start swilling vodka we got a problem, I need that for my bloddy marys !!!

No, but really, west from here, somewhere in Germany snow is going all out right now - it's about time to push that LaGG to the limits :3

And the day they start swilling vodka we got a problem, I need that for my bloddy marys !!!

Don't remind me of bloddy marys... only a mention makes my stomach to flip insideout x) Edited by Marrond

This is all getting rather confusing and amusing, so early access is Nov 12th but we won't get it until the 19th?

This is all getting rather confusing and amusing, so early access is Nov 12th but we won't get it until the 19th?

Yes, exactly.......well.......technically we are not being denied early access therefore we have it, it is mere technicality that the devs have required an extra week to put a cherry on top before making it accessible, it is also still technically autumn so technically we are getting exactly what was promised.....technically.

• Upvote 2