Juri_JS

How To Get Snow In A Mission?

I've tried different settings in the 'Atmosphere' menue, but it just won't snow. Either the precipitations option doesn't work or I am doing something wrong. Does anyone know how to get snow in a mission?

When I select one of the overcast options there is no snow and no clouds at all. I think there is a bug.

In the Atmosphere menue the overcast options show the text "00_overcast_0x", but when I open one of the campaign missions in a text editor I see "04_overcast_0x".

Has anyone noticed the same?

I notice that since the last update from friday.

I notice that since the last update from friday.

Was this already reported to the devs?

Yep. I asked to other testers to check too.

Edited by Habu

This give me snow, editing mission file - mission done in Lupson SMG  

CloudLevel = 500;

CloudHeight = 850;

PrecLevel = 10;

PrecType = 2;

CloudConfig = "04_Overcast_01\sky.ini";

Snow.jpg

Edited by Sokol1

It is in 1080 dpi on YouTube for better viewing ... now I will say this ... before this patch, if I recall properly, overcast would be real low clouds and dark. This was not what I remember.

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud

Just having a quick look at the editor yesterday, in the mission weather properties box, there is an option to select precipitations, snow or rain. I don't have the editor right here so I can't be more precise.

Yes there is Ricky but I haven't tried this in the ME yet. But just from ingame setting I recall, assuming I haven't missed something, that when I set snow to heavy it was low overcast and snow. Not light snow and open skies. This must have changed with the last revision. To me this is not a problem, but for discussion sake, maybe.

Chief

When I select one of the overcast options there is no snow and no clouds at all. I think there is a bug.

In the Atmosphere menue the overcast options show the text "00_overcast_0x", but when I open one of the campaign missions in a text editor I see "04_overcast_0x".

Has anyone noticed the same?

Editing (Notepad++) the .mission and the .msbin files give me overcast with clouds - instead the white glow - but not snow ( PrecLevel = 10;  PrecType = 2;)...

~S~ Everyone,

Excited to announce that Snowing in Multiplayer IS achievable!

I took an extracted .msnbin singleplayer file that was posted on this forum, called Ghosts in the Snow.

With a little ME editing, it's now called "Hosts in the Snow", and I have been hosting it successfully as of today.

As soon as I finish it to an acceptable production I will share it, and the particulars of questions in wide distribution.

Until then, I present, "The World's First IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad Multiplayer Snowing Environment Dserver is Up"!!!!! :o: 

Bo_S_Hit_S_Day_1.jpg

~S~ Everyone,

Update. I've just solved out adding Non Directional Beacon inclusion for the Lagg5 and Yak 1 use of the Rpk-10 instrument.

Glad I've held back release of my version because that just puts more flexibility in conducting the operational missions online.

Only a few more items remain that I'd like to change or introduce before I will release what I have done given some time to do so.

Less than two weeks to be sure!

-Jupp- :)

• Upvote 1