[TWB]80hd

[TWB] - The Eagles Nest - Dynamic MP Campaign

Maybe if there was a pitucular night that your TWB squadron populated this server we could make it a weekly ritual and build from there. Any night but Wednesday works for me. I could probably get a couple squad mates to join too.

Edited by CAN_Yeager

Oops also not Saturday nights for me.

Edited by CAN_Yeager

So you guys put up a server with the WOL missions for US players. That's cool and I appreciate the thought, but there's not 80plus US players to flesh out a WOL type mission. So 90% of the time it's empty. You guys would be better served building a smaller scale mission for 10 to 20 players with AI to create action or make a rotation of some of the AI based MP missions released by the community.

Just had a look at the website.  Beautiful layout, but the name The Wet Bandits is just awful.  Really awful.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, unfortunately running a server is a thankless job...between the effort involved to develop the missions, bugs, fixes, and time to test--- we couldn't justify keeping it running; however, we [TWB] help to financially support the servers out there that are really improving the IL-2 community.   More people and squadrons should really start throwing some $$$ at the server owners... because it's a LOT of work.

• Upvote 1

Pand' timestamp='1476913280' post='401561'] More people and squadrons should really start throwing some $$$ at the server owners... because it's a LOT of work.

Well said.

I only frequent one these days, but I agree.

Hey Wellenbrecher, glad to see you back! Resupply takes two He-111's, but I have seen it only take one on some occasions online...not sure if this is a network related bug or if I messed it up on some of the airfields...or I just didn't notice a 2nd He-111 landing. The criteria for the mission logic to accept a resupply is "finished stationary and alive" in the right spot (the runway). I believe "alive" in BoS means engines running and/or only pilot alive and aircraft in one piece (wings and all)...still not sure about that. I've definitely seen aircraft take lots and lots of damage and even land with an engine on fire and still work for the resupply counter. If you can reproduce any instances of something strange going on or conflicting, let me know.

Also, there is a "recon mission" on the Russian side out of Verk. Akhtuba that I could use some help with testing. In its current version, you take the "437 IAP - Recon" aircraft to fly out and search for enemy armor positions (vaguely marked on map), once you get close enough to the German armor you'll get a notification and a timer to return to base as fast as you can before the intel "expires". If you make it back in time (and in one piece) you will reveal the German tank's position on the map for your team for ten minutes. It's still very much a work in progress and it's a pretty makeshift use of mechanics to get the concept working, but with some work and vigorous testing it should be workable. Everyone please give it a try and provide bugs/suggestions/feedback.

Salutations,

In reference to you 'recon mission'. Realistically, why does the recon plane have to get back... no radio? Or is it just for gameplay timing?

Salutations,

In reference to you 'recon mission'. Realistically, why does the recon plane have to get back... no radio? Or is it just for gameplay timing?

The trigger required your aircraft to actually fly over the tanks at their actual real time location as they traveled to their objective and "take photographs" for real tangible intel. It would have probably been more feasible to have a radio for a recon flight of this nature in real life, but this mission was created for players that didn't always want to participate in dogfighting or bombing...just provided some variety.

I have this function as a module that can be inserted into any mission if any mission makers want to use it.

The medevac mission is phantastic! :) Thank you for implementing this type of mission!!!

Thanks man! This means a lot to me as the mission designer. All of the missions currently on The Eagle's Nest have some sort of Ju52 objective. As an example, in one mission the Russians are tasked to destroy a group of tanks in a nearby city. If they manage to destroy all the tanks, not all is lost for the Germans... As they can deploy an engineering team via the Ju52s. Once the engineers land successfully (via paradrop), they'll repair the tanks in the city. Which means the Russians have to go attack the tanks in that city again. 

• Upvote 2

Hi,

I flew your missions and I really like the description, settings, atmosphere and mission objectives.

I was wondering if you would consider

1. A stat page

2. Normal server with aim assist disabled, but bomb assist abled, no GPS and no icon.

Thank you

Hi,

I flew your missions and I really like the description, settings, atmosphere and mission objectives.

I was wondering if you would consider

1. A stat page

2. Normal server with aim assist disabled, but bomb assist abled, no GPS and no icon.

Thank you

Yeah Sketch has been pumping these missions out and I've been impressed!

For #1: Wish Granted!  http://scores.thewetbandits.org:40509

For #2: Normal probably won't happen. Bomb assist enabled probably won't happen.  (both of those take engine management and bomb skill away).  I would like to see it get to no GPS at some point, but needs more activity and interest.  No icons already configured.

Mostly 24/7, except for maintenance and updates (i.e. new patch release for IL-2, etc).

I really like your mission designer's taste of weather set up and its grim, gray feel. Mission write ups are that of quality.

No GPS would be interesting and challenging as missions usually come in low visibility settings. I could probably only see blur landmarks at 5km.

Questions

1. Would you include BOM planes to the fleet (hint Ju88)?

2. Jabo seems only limited to 109E. Any plans for other fighter planes with Jabo load out?

3. Excuse me regurgitating, but mission atmosphere is just stunning.

I really like your mission designer's taste of weather set up and its grim, gray feel. Mission write ups are that of quality.

No GPS would be interesting and challenging as missions usually come in low visibility settings. I could probably only see blur landmarks at 5km.

Questions

1. Would you include BOM planes to the fleet (hint Ju88)?

2. Jabo seems only limited to 109E. Any plans for other fighter planes with Jabo load out?

3. Excuse me regurgitating, but mission atmosphere is just stunning.

I think no GPS would be awesome, but players are still struggling with just GPS. What I mean is that players are asked to manage their planes engines, weapons, flight, and avoid getting shot down by many veteran players. Then you ask these newer pilots to handle all that, and navigate using landmarks or a flight path. It's just to much for the newer player. The Eagle's Nest welcomes all types of players. Maybe we'll do a "No GPS Fridays" type event; once the server gets more popular.

1. The Ju88 should already be in a mission or two, and I intend on adding more bombers to each of my missions. One idea I had was to... wait, I don't want to share all my secrets!

2. I have a lot of ideas for missions including having different types of jabo fighters. If players played on The Eagle's Nest more often, I would populate the server with more missions. (so tell your friends...)

3. Thanks!

Edited by [TWB]Sketch-

Actually GPS on could be great move to gather server fans. Personally I don't mid if I have it on or off.

Just so there is no confusion to others reading this thread, the server already has GPS enabled.

Hello,

Flew more missions last night. In my opinion, this is one of more underpopulated server in par with coconuts compared to what it offers.

My intention is not to whine how the server should be run, but from an avid flyer (solo most of time...for now) of your server, what would be more fun for me. Anchor 1 dedicated player, and that 1/84 number on the list brings more player to the fold...

1. Flew more missions but no JU88! I am either blind or I need glasses. I want to bomb the warehouse to smithereen but no ju88...

2. If no bomb reticule, then 3rd person view on perhaps? Your airfield is a maze!

3. Thanks for the stat. It makes so much difference.

4. Any AI planes that can contest my solo missions would be highly appreciated.

USA!

There are little yellow signs with arrows that point to the correct runway.

Pst, (yes I have been following the signs...)

Here is another attempt for ext view...

Ext view and bomb reticule lure new joiners and starters and 3 monitor users!

Hello Sinned

1. Flew more missions but no JU88! I am either blind or I need glasses. I want to bomb the warehouse to smithereen but no ju88...

I'll look into adding Ju88s into the missions. Restricting certain planes and loadouts of planes was done for game balance.

2. If no bomb reticule, then 3rd person view on perhaps? Your airfield is a maze!

I doubt we'll ever do a "normal" server. External views and icons are not what we intended when we created the server, and I don't think our views on that have changed. As other's have said, I do my best to guide you to the correct location via arrows and buildings, but you have to taxi to the runway just as they did in real life.

3. Thanks for the stat. It makes so much difference.

All Pand's work! 

4. Any AI planes that can contest my solo missions would be highly appreciated.

Yes, AI planes are in the works. 

Edited by [TWB]Sketch-

Just wanted to say the missions here seem to have much more thought than some other servers and I like the atmosphere differences too.

I'd like to start flying here for Multiplayer. I hope we can get the population to pick up. When I tried it, it was completely empty. When does the population usually pick up?

We'll have to stop in and take a look.

Wings of limitation is getting to be a bore. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to offer.

Hello, server doesnt boot fyi.

Tried to join many times but loading stops at 90% (loading screen) and i am back to list.

Thanks.

Hello, server doesnt boot fyi.

Tried to join many times but loading stops at 90% (loading screen) and i am back to list.

Thanks.

Surprise!  The DSERVER process stopped taking requests, but keeps running in circles without going anywhere... preventing monitoring from detecting a failure.

Give it a try now. :)

Are you looking for a new home?

We at the Wet Bandits are proud to announce the resurrection of our historical based IL-2 BoX server.

Search for wz0yUam.jpg

What makes us different than other servers out there?

• All of our missions have easy-to-read mission briefs on our stats page. Each briefing includes: pertinent historical information, a listing of both Axis and Allied objectives, and a campaign map to help you maintain your bearings. 
  • Earn medals, points, and view your overall performance on our statistics page for both of our Saturday campaigns, as well as for the day to day pilots. 
  • Our missions are dynamic. Forget stale, static objects that you deja-vu-bomb until the next mission so that you can do it all over again. We have supply convoys enroute to reinforce forward bases, Ju52s attempting to provide medical aid to troops on the ground, observation planes providing reconnaissance to pilots in the area, a bridge that need to be destroyed before the train crosses it, and more! And this is just one mission, of the many we already have – with many more on the way.
  • Living, operational airfields. From correct taxing, take-off/landing directions both on the ground and written into the map to functional non-directional beacons, landing fires, and flares. We help you get your bent bird back home while seeking to ensure you aren’t also forced to dodge the other guy taking off in the wrong direction.
  • Instant feedback from objectives drives the action… Is their AAA destroyed? Is our convoy under attack? Are enemy recon planes in the area? On our server, you’ll know all of this on-the-fly, and can react immediately and respond to it accordingly. Not two to three minutes after the attack occurred…
  • Objectives crafted for maximum player versus player interaction. Forget flying circuits around a map for 30 minutes or more without seeing a target to shoot at. Our missions are designed to have pilots meet, and compete, with each other in air combat while defending their ground units.  If that’s not enough realism for you, you can always hand-write after action reports once the guns cool off!
  • An American server with American latency. Miss the shot because you missed, not because the plane warped away from you. Hosted on a fiber-optic pipe, the server is geographically located on the Eastern coast of the United States. This offers a clean connection and balanced latency for pilots on both the west coast and across the pond in the UK, as well as our neighbors both north and south.
  • Operated by an administrative staff that is actively monitoring and attending to performance and availability concerns during peak US times and beyond, as well as seeing to the expeditious removal of undesirable elements from the field of play.

What about Saturday Bomber Flights?

Well, since you asked, we ARE also starting up a new Saturday Bomber Flights campaign. These missions are entirely separate from [DBS]TX_Tips FNBF missions – who by the way, makes amazing missions – and are slated to run on Saturday in order to make the game available to all players in the western hemisphere, from California to the UK. 

The campaign starts this Saturday, May 13th, 2017 at 1400 Central Standard Time. 

Like other campaigns, we’ll start in the early days of the war and each Saturday work towards the conflict’s conclusion. Of course, the outcome will be altered based upon the success of each side’s pilots in seeing their individual objectives completed. Each week’s destroyed objectives will be tallied up and the next week’s mission set will be adjusted based on those objectives.

These missions are different than our daily missions, and are designed to be historical. That means no anachronistic GPS, Psychic Friends Network kill messages, whimsical modification of equipment that’s assigned to you, or magically having 100% fuel all of the time like you’re strapped onto a cold fusion reactor. You’ll have to contend with all of the things you manage in our standard daily missions, while also successfully keeping track of your location, friendly cover, fuel levels, and manually confirm your kills. Don’t worry if you’re not the best pilot in the world. The struggle to bring all of these things together is a great deal of the fun, and besides, The Wet Bandits welcome all levels of play into our campaign. All you have to do is sign up! Once you do register and pick a side, you can view your team’s mission briefing for that week.

I have more questions!

Just post here, pm me, or email pand@thewetbandits.org.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Upvote 3

We're getting lots of questions regarding time zone calculations.   This table should help you understand the start the time of the event in your time zone.  

Pacific Time, PT                      12:00 noon PDT  
Mountain Time, MT                  1:00 pm MDT     
Central Time, CT                      2:00 pm CDT     
Eastern Time, ET                     3:00 pm EDT     
Greenwich Mean Time, GMT   7:00 pm GMT     
British Summer Time, BST       8:00 pm BST     
Berlin, Germany                       9:00 pm CEST    
Moscow, Russia                     10:00 pm MSK

Hey guys, im making a comeback in il2 but cant stand the shitty ping on eu servers, really looking forward to playing with yall again. Are yall on the official teamspeak or a private one?

Edit: Disregard, I didnt RTFQ. Looking forward to it!

Edited by BASICC
  • Upvote 1