SYN_Haashashin

The Groups Sharing Corner

8 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Try resetting the group by using the resave group option in the mission editor.

Thanks but it's not working, I get the error message "failed to resave group"

Posted (edited)

Please give the group to this thread and we'll take a look at it.

My bad! It's 3am and I need sleep. I tested the group, and it doesn't work for me either. Let me see if I can recreate this group for you. Do you just want searchlights on a runway?

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Posted (edited)

So I created a "landing fires" and a "landing searchlights" set of groups for both Allied and Axis.

image.thumb.png.345872373dc9c4d47658a3cc152a8ff8.png

The nice thing about these groups is that the fires/searchlights will "go away" when friendly players are not near them. Then, when friendly players do get near; they turn back on. Be sure to use the "place on ground" button with all the fires and searchlights.

image.thumb.png.cb03d2f5179a5fbf4e03e93fd00203ed.png

Runway Lights and Beacon.zip

Here's my group; feel free to use it as you see fit. ^^^

If you have questions, let me know.

EDIT: Updated group file June 16th, 2019

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
Updated group file
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Do you just want searchlights on a runway?

Yes, I need to place the landing lights that will illuminate the runway for landing, and these are the objects that I can't get to work. I can make the bonfires work, also the searchlights are working fine, but not the landing lights.

Thanks for creating your groups for me, I am checking the one that has landing lights for allied planes but I hate to say it is not working within my mission.

So I have a couple questions - I notice you didn't tick the "Enabled" box for any of the objects and as far as I can see they are not triggered to activate/spawn, so they don't show within the mission at all.

I also notice you place "searchlight" objects rather than "landlight" objects, seems to be the wrong object to use to illuminate the runway?  

But even after I edited your group to enable the objects and changed them to "landlights", it is still not working! 

Can you please tell me whether you tested this group in mission and does it work for you? Because from what I can see, the command "ForceComplete" doesn't turn on/off the landinglights anymore.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vendigo said:

Yes, I need to place the landing lights that will illuminate the runway for landing, and these are the objects that I can't get to work. I can make the bonfires work, also the searchlights are working fine, but not the landing lights.

Thanks for creating your groups for me, I am checking the one that has landing lights for allied planes but I hate to say it is not working within my mission.

So I have a couple questions - I notice you didn't tick the "Enabled" box for any of the objects and as far as I can see they are not triggered to activate/spawn, so they don't show within the mission at all.

I also notice you place "searchlight" objects rather than "landlight" objects, seems to be the wrong object to use to illuminate the runway?  

But even after I edited your group to enable the objects and changed them to "landlights", it is still not working! 

Can you please tell me whether you tested this group in mission and does it work for you? Because from what I can see, the command "ForceComplete" doesn't turn on/off the landinglights anymore.

In the Checkzones group for runway lights for each country, object link the Start Inside Sphere activate trigger and the Stop Outside Sphere deactivate trigger to all the runway lights. Also, I believe you need to change the seachlights to landlights, but maybe Sketch had something else in mind for how the group works.

Edited by JimTM

Posted (edited)

Test? Pppssshhh!!! Who does that anymore? 

I'm kidding... Let me take another look at the group today. 

EDIT: As you can see below (as of june 15th 2019) the landing lights and search lights do not turn on due to a bug. I'll edit the group I posted once the bug is resolved. (Maybe the devs want lights to turn on a different way...?  If so, I'll need to modify the group to that particular way.)

Runway Lights and Beacon.zip

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
Added group, but still does not work due to bug

I think the landing lights are broken with the new update. They are no longer working in my missions, and even appear to be broken in SP career missions. I reported it here:

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yes, I 100% agree! All of the lights (searchlights and landing lights) are not working with any type of force complete command. I have a test mission here that goes through all the force complete commands and it does not turn on the lights.

Landing Lights Test.zip

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Yeah, I was hoping they would fix that with the hotfix they released,but alas.. 

Hopefully they fix it soon..

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2015 at 12:12 PM, coconut said:

Here is an ambush group that implements the following "story":

• German platoon driving on road
  • Two Russian platoons hiding in forests
  • Russian platoons open fire
  • German platoon signal attacks using a green flare, then retreats driving backwards
  • German platoon fires back, as Russian platoons come out of cover and advance on their target's position
  • German platoon is ultimately overrun.

post-31381-0-49340000-1441642120_thumb.png

Maybe not so useful in a MP mission while everybody is busy fighting in a furball, but could be used in e.g. the intro of an SP mission.

Ambush.zip 3.03 kB · 53 downloads

Outstanding... simply outstanding. :clapping:

• Upvote 1