109 FM in 1.009 is it just me or...

Admitted I've only flown the G2 model since the update, and only for a couple of missions, but it seems to me, that something has drastically changed about that planes FM.

I notice that the rudder seems to have far less authority. I can no longer induce a flick roll simply by kicking the rudder and it's no longer posible to slam the trottle on take off as this will result in a ground loop as with the Fw 190.

A lot of the lateral instability is gone, which makes flying much more precise and pleasant.

The plane seems to have suddenly gotten much worse energy retention. It's still very stable in a turn, but seems to bleed speed a lot faster.

I personally find all these percieved changes to be positive. The G2 now feels much more like a 109 with its powerful engine and a wingloading around 190kg/m2.

Is anyone else having the same experience, or am I just seeing things that aren't there?

Glad it's not just me.

I really hope there's something to this, because the 109 certainly feels more 'right' to me now. The G2 really should have inferior energy retention compared to the Yak.

This will be a good incentive for people to actually fly the G2 like the high powered fighter built for speed that it was.

The G2 really should have inferior energy retention compared to the Yak.

Really? How come? The G2 is heavier, has a more powerful engine and higher wingloading. 

(We usually agree on things so I don't want to seem excessively critical, but I'm a little confused at your statement.)

If the G2 post patch really performs even worse compared to our beloved, accurately performing YAK-1 than pre patch the sim starts really getting a problem. Or wait. Most likely it will get even more customers. At least some:) But arent satisfied customers everything that counts?

Just my 5 cent.

Edited by VSG1_Winger

If the G2 post patch really performs even worse compared to our beloved, accurately performing YAK-1 than pre patch the sim starts really getting a problem. Or wait. Most likely it will get even more customers. At least some:) But arent satisfied customers everything that counts?

Just my 5 cent.

IMO it doesn't perform worse. It has much better and more precise controls now, shoots straighter, has the same advantage in acceleration, climb rate and low speed handling as before and can turn just as sharp (it just can't do it for as long)

It took a short while getting used to, but I really like this Messer better, and not just as a target.

Really? How come? The G2 is heavier, has a more powerful engine and higher wingloading. 

(We usually agree on things so I don't want to seem excessively critical, but I'm a little confused at your statement.)

i think he meant in manuvers

a heavier higher wing loading plane isn't going to retain more energy than a lighter one when its gyrating around the sky

Exactly: Higher wingloading(168 vs 189 kg/m2), a thin wing built for speed, overall heavier and essentially the same powerloading (with the 1942 power cap). That to me would indicate lower energy retention in maneuvers, regardless if the 109 is a more aerodynamically efficient design and has better low speed handling. Edited by Finkeren

Yes, infact the only thing they changed was the new adjusted elevator trim tabs, which have improve elevator feedback on all german fighters (less oscilation and no uppitch at higher airspeeds).

There are still plenty of issues to care for, ie the G-2 too bad high alt performance, the non linear throttle and the broken Kommandogerät (reduces prop pitch on ground to 8:30 at lower than take off power).

Than we can also talk about the cockpit, but i guess this leads a little far. FM wise this patch brought the first step but didnt fix it entirely.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2