Sign in to follow this  
GrendelsDad

CH Throttle Quadrent

I have CH pedels, Stick and Throttle all work just fine...The Quadrant is loading fine in the controls section but when I get in game the axis do not work?  I am not using the CH control manager software and I hope to not use it.  Just odd because they all work fine in CLOD and all work fine in BOS accept the axis on the Quadrant??? I have tried inverting axis and such...unpluging the usb.  Hope its something simple I am overlooking.  Thanks in advance.   This is the last thing keeping me from jumping in multiplayer...and I know you guys are looking for a turkey to shoot at.

My first thought - are you trying to assign trim in some planes to the CH axis?

Some trims cannot be assigned in BOS to an axis, as they can in the other sims.

Pilotpierre and I had the same problem. I think it may involve using the Device Manager which you may find no problem, but for which I can't find the time!

Pilotpierre and I had the same problem. I think it may involve using the Device Manager which you may find no problem, but for which I can't find the time!

Wow - good memory Sallee

Pimp, you have to decide what you want to use as a throttle, you can't use both as it creates a hell of a conflict. Like you, I shied away from the Device Manager.

I use my Pro throttle as the throttle and the Quadrant axes as: 2 x Radiator Controls, 2 x mixture controls and 2 x prop pitch controls (after calibrating them in Windows)

I purchased the quadrant after the twins were released in BoS with the intention of using the pro throttle for singles and the quadrant for twins. You can still do this if you kill one of them in settings when you have decided what you are going to fly. I found it more convenient to do as per the previous para.

Okay...so first thank you all for your helpful promt reply.  If I understand right, I only have the quadrant set too 2xrads,boost,prop pitch,and mixture...they are all being "seen" in the control settings...but when i get in game the axis do not respond?  I would assume I could use them both as long as I dont have the throttle set on both the ch throttle and the quadrant at the same time...which I am pretty sure I am not doing.  Sorry if I am a little dim but thats what I think you are saying?  I did not calibrate them in windows first so I will go do that now and see if that does the trick.  Thanks again.

Check your options menu (realism settings). Maybe you have them on "auto". If so, the problems you describe are explained.

Edited by Bando

Well thats what you avatar says?????

He was making a joke. I had worked out what it was about, but now I have forgotten...

Apologies to OP for OT: hope his CH is OK.

He was making a joke. I had worked out what it was about, but now I have forgotten...

Very unreasonable of you.

Hey guys...sorry must be carryover from CLOD but I was trying to set pitch and rads for BF109 and I guess these models that is set to auto...hence my not seeing the axis used...I switched to a Russian bird and all responded as expected...thanks so much for your help.  I will be airbound in multiplayer next week when I get home from out of town.  Thanks agian.

Bf 109 radiator requires 2 different keys/buttons for open/close (has exclusive set in Engine Controls) , don't accept axis command.

Same for propeller pitch* and flaps.

Besides the obvious aileron, elevator, rudder and throttle, only "Stabilizer adjust" can be assigned to axis in this plane.

* Need "Switch propeller pitch control mode: manual/auto".

Question...why can we not assign these to an axis...is it for realism sake or just needing patched?

Bf 109 radiator requires 2 different keys/buttons for open/close (has exclusive set in Engine Controls) , don't accept axis command. Same for propeller pitch* and flaps.

Is as it is by (game) design, not related to "realism" or "anti-cheater" as some say. Don't expect change.

One can say: In Bf 109 none of these commands - despite his proportional actuation - is controlled by a lever that move like the throttle lever (around 60 - 70 degrees).

But are controlled by press buttons (prop pitch) or crank (water radiator)  or wheel (flaps) that requires more than one turn to open close, so is "real".

But against this "theory": some Russian planes have (multi-turn) wheel controlling radiators, p.pitch... that can be assigned to axis.  :)

The devs do realize I can just turn on my CH software and make all controls an axis if I want too?  That seems very silly and makes me see that there is a bit of a Russian bias going on here.  I am trying my best to deny but that is really lame if they allow for some Russian planes but not the German ones.  All good CH software here I come.  Do they not think this is an issue or what?  Not looking to start an discussion just first I have really directly come accross such bias in this game.  Heard about it plenty but just my first run in with it that is all.