WhiteYeti

Calling all Aussie,Kiwi's and Asian Pilots

There has been some posts/interest on forming a Oceanic Squadron or joining a existing one. With the current status of the game it now seems viable to get the ball rolling. If there is a active one in operational please leave details here, if not leave your name, country you are from. Once we get enough people on board we can then decide on what we will call ourselves. I will post a TS3 address once I get confirmation that I can use the one that a friend has set up. We can start off with meeting up once a week, now that I may have more time on my hands I hope to get on more often. If you don't feel comfortable leaving a post just pm me as I will try and check the forum etc on a daily basis. Cheers WhiteYeti .

Hi White Yeti,

Good luck getting some flyers together.  

Sunday or Tuesday evening AEST might be a good time.

Just to put a flag up, would also be interested in WW2 DCS.

The NZ based Oceanic Sqn indicated they might take BOS on.  Obvious benefits to hooking up with an established outfit.

Looking forward to the 1.009 patch.

G'day Felix, I'll keep a eye on the NZ lads see what happens there. If your keen i should be right to get on Tues/Sun AEST starting this Sun all going well. Cheers WhiteYeti

It was good catching up with ya Felix, the BoS TS3 is a good idea to start off with for comms for the time being. If any Oceanic players would like to join us for a chat etc Tues and Sunday night at this stage or leave a date and time you might be on, nothing to serious we're to have fun. Cheers WhiteYeti

What times are guys playing at. I'm in WA so I'm usually just started flying as soon as everyone else is in bed. If you guys start at 930 AEST I can possibly make it.

G'day Tyberan, we haven't set any times as such. Looking at Tues and Sun nights at this stage, myself I can get on most nights unless I have work or family commitments on. We plan on using the BoS team speak for the time being I am in the process of sorting out a TS3 Chanel ( should be good to go by next week). What days and times suit you mate ? I will be getting in game this Tues coming at about 8 pm AEST all going well should be on for abit I'll use the BoS TS3 hope to catch up ya at some stage. Cheers WhitYeti

Edited by WhiteYeti

Gday Rockdoc jump into the BoS TS3 tommorow night i'll be on for abit all going well and hopefully a couple of others.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

Tues 2030hr AEST - BOS TS

Probably start off in a "Normal" furball server and will go where ever the group decides.

No preference for sides or aircraft.  Just have a bit of fun and see if comms can keep us alive a little longer!

I'm interested :) 

Also from Perth Western Australia so timings could be difficult. Are novices welcome? I mainly play SP and the occasional normal difficulty MP match.

Albino

I'm interested :)

Also from Perth Western Australia so timings could be difficult. Are novices welcome? I mainly play SP and the occasional normal difficulty MP match.

Albino

I sure hope Novices are welcome  ;)

Hi Guys,

Attendance is a little sporadic at the moment.  Nothing really planned, so any level is okay.  Usually go to the most populated server and furball.   

No team rules etc.  Have a bit of fun on TS.  

Do players prefer this casual approach or would you like something more structured?

Interested in your ideas.

Hi to all you Aussie, I haven't played much after a bit of COD burn out.  I'm glad to see some interest coming from OZ.  I'm from Geraldton WA.  Would be nice to see a OZ squad up and running again.

S! 

How does this Saturday 2nd May at approx 7pm AEST sound ? Please post a date/time etc that suits people then we can get the ball rolling.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

To start with will meet at 7:30-8:30 AEST on Saturday on the BoS TS3 look for my username in a channel TS3 server addy posted up in a previous post ( sorry on my phone not at the comp) then we can pick a server. All skill levels welcome novice or pro we are here to have a good time and learn off others so don't be shy.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

Moving house, so rig packed up.  Try to catch you another time.

I might be on later than exspected couple of unexspected issues that I have to see to, hoping to be home in time, sorry for the muck around if I don't make it on.

Hi gents. Sorry I couldn't join you this Saturday. University has been hectic. I'll watch this threat and try jump in another day.

I also just noticed a locked server in the list labelled 'Tasmania'. Does anyone know if this is in fact a new Australian server?

Regards

Albino

Hi gentlemen I would like to join your merry bunch as I have close to a 1000 hours flying in clod experience is not an issue but I feel some variety is in good order

I have experience in flying as wing leader or wingman

As I have tried lone wolfing a few times I feel coms and another set of eyes are a must especially when flying the Russian types as we don't have the luxury of being able to extend away fast enough

I am 27 and live in Sydney and am sometimes limited to flying times but have more time on weekend evenings

some of you who fly in clod might also know me as ATAG_Endless

Looking forward to meeting you all

S Endless

Downloading BoS right now .. I might be interested and fly DCS (props) and IL2 CloD.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the notice of interest.  Looks like we may have the numbers to get something going.

I'm moving house plus other RL issues have kept me away from the keyboard for some time.

Hope to be back online in a couple of weeks.

Seems like Fri, Sat and Sun are the most popular time slots.

Hope to fly with all of you in the not too distant future.

All going well I might be on for a little while tonight after 7:30 pm, I'll jump into TS3 when I get on.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

Downloading BoS right now .. I might be interested and fly DCS (props) and IL2 CloD.

Have played this for a bit and can't stomach how arcady ot feels. Cockpits are approximations, don't need to use rudder pedals in the 109.

I grant that it excels in atmosphere, but my initial impression is the sim feels like it's trying to be sophisticated, but fails.

I'll play with it some more and see if I can let it sway me into a more positive perspective.

Until then I'll just stay away as I don't want to be spoiling influence for those who enjoy this game. Good luck and have fun! Cheers.

Hi Teapot,

Compared to DCS (props), sure, BOS is not as refined in the rudder department in some aspects of the flight model.  I think you concede it is a bit "missing the forest because of the trees" type observation.  A lot to like in the game and I think a great place for newcomers to the genre (would not recommend DCS in the regard).  If you hope to grow the DCS pool I think BOS is a great starting point to get new players online and enjoying the experience.

Would like to attract a few experienced flight simmers to offer some leadership to an Oz based group.  If you are interested, keep in touch.

• Upvote 1

G'day all, last night I had a couple of games with Endless and must say that it does have alot better experience when flying with a wingman or more, we did briefly talk about getting a Oceanic Squadron/Group up and running. It will be a good way for flight simmers in our region to have a wingman or more to fly with, I will look into getting a forum up and running ( easier to keep in touch for times when people get on line etc, a TS3 with Raidcall as a back up. People with all skill levels are welcome novice or pro, it will be casual based no serious commitment we fly for enjoyment, one requirement is a good attitude we are here for fun, if you are part of another group you are still more than welcome to join in. So if any one of ya's have a cool squadron/group name please put it in a post along with any other ideas. We won't be just restricted to BoS.

Cheers WhiteYeti.

Edited by WhiteYeti

Hi gents,  Interested in getting back into flying again.  Flew with Felix  as a wing leader, in an organised squad a year or so ago and wouldn't mind getting back into it.  Just getting BOS installed ATM so might take a few turns around the training field to shake the cobwebs off the joystick.  Had about two thousand hours behind the stick in 1946 through CloD and a bit of DCS, though it still seems to be a disjointed mess to me.

Edited by Skajrat