Zak

Developer Diary, Part 89 - Discussion

Thanks kendo!

Would be nice solution.

:good:

Have you tried to run the game from both accounts?

Edited by ST_ami7b5

Ok, tried it......couldn't get in......!.......But I wouldn't expect to be able to access the main game by registering like this as the game is linked to the authentication key + email I supplied for it.

Presumably the DServer works differently. Maybe this still needs some clarification from the devs, but honestly, Han has stated only one copy of the game needed so I don't think we need to worry. 

Edited by kendo

Will it be possible to run two servers in the same machine even if with two licences or two separate accounts ?

Yes, you can run 2 dedicated server. At that time, i have to run the dedicated server from two directory (i did a copy from my install) because the communication port are in the startup.cfg file, so if you run two server from the same directory, the second one will have problem to comunicate, because ports would be already use by the first server. You have to change the communication port. More details will come once the dserver will be release.

i would propose we wait -  all there is now, is the announcement of things to come.
nobody has said what kind of infrastructure needs to be set up/used, or given any "how-to"'s.
so don't mess up your accounts, trying to prepare for something you don't have yet, and do not know how to use yet, gentlemen.

• Upvote 1

Very nice! I hope #7 means that the stabilizer trim in the 109's doesn't nose up when you first touch it.  Also the G2 throttle being more linear like the F is now but wasn't in the begining. 

Lastly the stick forward behavior (109's tending to flip when pushed hard forward) and rudder/yaw weirdness (slipping behavior, ect) I hope is looked at. 

The rest of the patch looks good and we (my squad) look forward to being able to play on a server as a squad.

• Upvote 1

56. Two multiplayer missions created by DED team added to this version to begin testing of the ranked servers system;

Can anyone explain this point? Why those missions added directly to the game instead of loaded from the dserver? Are they different because they're for ranked gameplay?

Sounds like some guys mix the meaning of a Dedicated Server (DServer) with a Listen Server wich is actually what you know from Il2 Coop Style or RoF.

I guess the DServer Account does not need to be purchased but asked for like via PN as we did in RoF?

When i helped run the Eagles Nest Server, i needed a game and forum account. The game is installed on the server but runs the dserver rather than the game exe. Unless they have changed it (which it does not sound like they have) an entirely new game key is needed. Not sure why they arent using the RoF method if having a server key. But then again RoF had mods on, f11, moveable hud, in game mp hosting, and a whole.host of other features that have inexplicably gone missing from BoS.

• Upvote 1

But then again RoF had mods on, f11, moveable hud, in game mp hosting, and a whole.host of other features that have inexplicably gone missing from BoS.

Sadly the Dec update to ROF completely changed the HUD, it is more scattered across the width of the display now, and is no longer moveable... I liked the old HUD so much better.

But yes, there is so much more that I enjoy in ROF that BOS does not have, especially for me as a SP guy. I very much enjoy ROF, and always fly Mods On.

Edited by dburne

....and a whole.host of other features that have inexplicably gone missing from BoS.

very true.

However hopes I have  things will turn to the bride side of force.

Actualy it's not a problem to run a DServer simultaneously with Game on one mid-core PC.

But DServer requires a game account to run.

So if you want to run DServer and Game simultaneously - you need to have two accounts - one for DServer and one for game.

How do we establish a second account?

Chief

Guys,

You're not going to need a second paid copy of BOS to run a Dserver. I'm sure we'll have a simple process in place to acquire the second code needed.

Jason

• Upvote 7

Guys,

You're not going to need a second paid copy of BOS to run a Dserver. I'm sure we'll have a simple process in place to acquire the second code needed.

Jason

Great!

:good:

Thank you so much for the clarification!!! This update sounds amazing and will help the game dramatically.

A "thank you for fix clarification" to the man with the ugly dog from the western colonies.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Guys,

Jason

1+ Thank you Jason :thank_you:

Guys,

Jason

Great to hear Jason!  :salute:

Guys,

Jason

Thanks for clarifying that..

Guys,

Jason

Good news. :)

Looking forward to it, hope I'll have the time to fiddle with the FMB.

Nothing about getting rid of Xmas tree?

On another thread I suggested the tree could stay & be weathered over time, ie. needles fall off, etc.

With regard to decorations, developers could release the decoration template & you could skin your own.   :rolleyes:

Guys,

Jason

Thanks for clearing that up. There was a lot of ways of interpreting the information provided prior.

Every aircraft in BOS, except IL-2, is equipped with an oxygen system. It’s designed to provide normal breathing for a pilot on high altitudes. Flying higher than 3000m with a malfunctioning oxygen system or without one is dangerous due to chances of falling unconscious and lowered tolerance to overloads. Soviet planes are equipped with KPA-3bis open type oxygen devices. He 111 have similar systems while all other German planes in our game have lung-governed oxygen feed devices. The first type delivers pure oxygen directly while the automated lung-governed systems mix oxygen with the surrounding air and feed it for breath-in only. Accordingly, such devices spend different amount of oxygen on different altitudes. Oxygen is stored highly pressurized in special tanks. Every plane has a manometer to control the use of oxygen. Normally there’s enough oxygen to gain altitude and maintain flight on reached altitudes for a long time; some planes have so much oxygen on board that it’s basically impossible to spend it all on one fuel tank. In case if the oxygen system is damaged it is highly recommended to avoid high-g maneuvers and descend to 3km and lower.

I have some Question for Gavrick

You only mention how this system work if a human (player) fly this plane. But you didnt mention how this system work if a artificial intelligence (AI) fly this plane. Become the artificial intelligence (AI) more superior? The artificial intelligence (AI) dont need oxygen devices and can do high-g maneuvers without falling into overloads, Blackouts or other similar dangerous human effects. For me it is a very interesting Question because we have now still from Early Access a bug where a dead AI turret gunner still is able to shoot you down. And I have the fear  with this system more of this kind AI bugs will follow.

Thanks for your time Gavrick to answer my Question. :salute:

Although I own ROF, I do not play. Assuming the FMB in BOS will be similar.At the end of the mission, does the FMB in ROF " keep score ", document your kills etc., ? I hope this feature will be incorporated in the BOS FMB.

Thanks in advance

Great news on releasing FMB and Dserver! Is there any plans for having a simple “ingame” server creation screen (brilliant btw) that currently exists in ROF?  - for those who don’t want the do the whole Dserver thing, but still would like to create a server on the fly to play with friends) If so, any time line when that will be included?

Thanks,

:salute:

3km is an excellent altitude to begin modeling additional pilot limitations without supplemental oxygen systems. At 3km, the partial pressure of oxygen is 71% of what it is at sea level. At 4km, it is 63%. At 5km it is 55%.

Here is the hemoglobin desaturation graph: O2curve-large.jpg

At 3km, while resting, your healthy young adult will have a hemoglobin saturation of approximately 90%. Note that this is where the saturation curve begins to sharply fall off to the left. Further drops in the partial pressure of oxygen beyond this point have accelerating effects, especially when combined with things like pulling and pushing on flight controls, or withstanding g forces.

I think the devs have made a perfect choice, and this also happens to line up precisely with most high altitude pilot guidelines I am aware of.

Edited by Venturi

FYI, here is a young, healthy man's oxygen saturation, at rest, at 14,200 feet (4.3km):

post-16698-0-77116400-1424635794_thumb.jpg

34. Significantly improved the situation with hit sounds in Multiplayer;

So it's not entirely fixed then?  Significantly improved is a bit arbitrary, I haven't heard any hit sounds at all the last few times I flew in MP, so even 1 out of a 100 would be significantly improved to me :P

Just looking for a little clarification on this one, I guess it will be on Tuesday though, enjoy the holiday/day off o7  

^no joke. People in very good physical condition die of hypoxia related conditions every year while climbing or descending peaks of 4km and sometimes less. HAPE, HACE, and lack of good critical judgement as well as simply being out of energy and awareness are all things which hypoxia at altitudes of 4km can bring on. O2 sats of less than 90 percent are generally considered to require urgent medical treatment in the acute care medical setting.

~S~ Everyone,

Introducing Oxygen Systems is definitely going to be a "game changer". :ph34r:

Bo_S_O2_TS3.jpg

• Upvote 3

Very long list, with two excellent highlights: server and editor. Thank you for your work Team.

Also, I like ANY improvement about the winter/snow textures. Much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Very interested to see how the oxygen system works during gameplay... :joy:  although, you know it won't be long before the obvious... :popcorm: