Lupson

[Release] Simple 3rd party Mission Builder for BoS

Now i get this massge  and my game isn't from steam - what i am doing wrong ? 

2_zpsrs4undga.jpg

3_zpsa4g2oejo.jpg

For some reason my own path to my Steam folder (don't ask me how it ended up within my skyrim installation...) has ended up in the installation package.

Please find the folder where you installed bos-smb and then go into the /config subfolder and open the "application.properties" file in a text editor (notepad is good enough).

Now, modify the path:

bos.data.directory = H:\\skyrim\\SteamApps\\common\\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\\data\\

to point at your own Battle of Stalingrad install directory, such as:

bos.data.directory = c:\\SteamApps\\common\\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\\data\\

(modify the path above. If you are not using Steam, perhaps the game is installed in c:\\Program Files, not sure which would be the default install dir.)

Finally, save the file and restart the Simple Mission Builder.

My il2 bos isn't in c dir he is in D dir and the path is like in the pic and it's  still error :( i cant keep the mission to the disk 

5_zpsuzpzsmby.png

Edited by peker

Is anybody getting the dreaded blue snow with the missions?

Loaded a web mission since the update and get blue snow. Opened the QMB and repeated the export

Same thing, would like to know if its just me

Is anybody getting the dreaded blue snow with the missions?

Loaded a web mission since the update and get blue snow. Opened the QMB and repeated the export

Same thing, would like to know if its just me

You have to edit your old mission and change the atmospheric option. The path changed with the last patch. If you don't edit your mission, the snow will be blue. 

~S, all.

So I gather that its fly with blue snow in community created missions until the atmospheric option in the mission is updated?

Not being a mission builder myself, could someone please advise the correct path to this option so I could do it myself? Or am I underestimating the difficulty in doing so?

Thanks in advance! ~S!

Strider

To fix the blue snow - you need to update the cloud config:

1. Either open the mission with mission editor and go to atmosperic options screen and set new cloud config from drop down and then save the mission.

2. Or open .Mission file with a text editor and change:

CloudConfig = "01_Light_00\sky.ini";

.. to:

CloudConfig = "winter\01_Light_00\sky.ini";

That is, add "winter\" in front of the path.

~S, all!

@Sim          Thanks so much, m8! Even this newb can handle that.

~S!

Strider

1. Either open the mission with mission editor and go to atmosperic options screen and set new cloud config from drop down and then save the mission.

.. to:

Thanks for the info. I guess the devs have changed the folder structure somewhat for the upcoming seasonal Stalingrad maps.

I'll try to make time to make a new release to fix this issue sometime soon.

In the future, I guess SMB will need to have a map/season selection option when creating a mission.

My il2 bos isn't in c dir he is in D dir and the path is like in the pic and it's  still error :( i cant keep the mission to the disk 

5_zpsuzpzsmby.png

That's weird. Are you still getting the h:\skyrim\SteamApps............ path in your error message when trying to save? Or is there a new error message?

.. to:

That's great Sim

I actually managed to figure it from Habu's post but it still wasn't 100% clear, thank you for spelling it out clearly

That's weird. Are you still getting the h:\skyrim\SteamApps............ path in your error message when trying to save? Or is there a new error message?

Hi LUPSON

Unfortunately yes :(

I tried all sorts of things and I could not 

the problem Continue.

URA  :fly:

I  solved the problem 

1. I removed Java from my computer and removed the MB
2. I installed the Java again
3. I installed the MB again.

I do not know what it means and why the MB act like this

Hi Lupson, this is a great util, are you still working on it?

Thanks.

No, not really. There's a lot of stuff one could improve or add to the SMB, but I've been missing both time to work on it and also felt that further development of advanced features (say more complex trigger systems, spawn mechanisms, better control at waypoints and ground forces etc.) just would take too much time. Given that the Full Mission Builder exists and does all those things (if one invests the time to learn it) I havn't felt like spending my sparse time at the computer at further development, at least not at this point.

I will probably make sure the BoM aircraft can be added to missions once BoM is released as well as making sure one can select between the different maps. (Winter/Summer Stalingrad, Moscow etc.), that's hopefully not an overwhelming amount of work.

As stated numerous times before, Simple Mission Builder (and Bosparser) is Open Source software so anyone feeling like picking things up can clone the code from github, work on it and release their own derivatives (or submit a pull request to inclusion into the "main" source code)

I've been out of the loop for a while. Is SMB running smoothly/reliably for what it's designed to do?

Don't know to be honest. I've just been doing a campaign mission every now and then during the last months.

Perhaps I can give it a try when I have a few hours off work and domestic duties.

I've been out of the loop for a while. Is SMB running smoothly/reliably for what it's designed to do?

In my experience with SMB I have no issues program related, and the missions generated, some bomber intercept, tanks ground battles, run as expected.

A plus over the game QM is that bomber formations don't act as "flock or scared seagulls" or try dogfight with fighter's. They maintain formation better that in QM - but has collision problem in turns (this is game engine related, not SMB).

The SMB major limitation is the lack of 3D map, so set planes to take- off/landings is lottery because the 2D map used don't correspond with runway/spawn positions. Sometimes the result is funny:  :lol:

mule.jpg

This 109 aren't in flight, just spawn... over the truck. 

SMB was a good solution at time - now the way is learn use the game ME (IMO).  ;)
Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've just done a reinstall of Windows and will slip in a bit of flying again. Looking forward to trying out the SMB, keeping its limitations in mind.

Hi Lupson,

Marvellous work on the SMB utility! I'm having a blast building missions. I was wondering about changing the season to summer. I've gotten into the mission file and have been able to change the ground, trees and some features...but was wondering if you knew if I can change the vehicles, buildings and effects (such as snow being kicked up by the propeller during taxiing and tire tracks of planes and vehicles) into their summer versions in the mission file as well?

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this awesome utility!

Cheers,

- CraigNT

Hi Lupson,

Marvellous work on the SMB utility! I'm having a blast building missions. I was wondering about changing the season to summer. I've gotten into the mission file and have been able to change the ground, trees and some features...but was wondering if you knew if I can change the vehicles, buildings and effects (such as snow being kicked up by the propeller during taxiing and tire tracks of planes and vehicles) into their summer versions in the mission file as well?

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into this awesome utility!

Cheers,

- CraigNT

Thanks!

When manually editing a .Mission file, there are a number of stuff that needs to be changed to make a Winter scenario into a Summer one (for example).

What I did was to start a Quick Mission with Stalingrad summer, then I checked /missions/_gen.Mission which is generated by the simulation.

First, a Winter mission generated by SMB:

HMap = "graphics\LANDSCAPE_Stalin_w\height.hini";

Textures = "graphics\LANDSCAPE_Stalin_w\textures.tini";

Forests = "graphics\LANDSCAPE_Stalin_w\trees\woods.wds";

Layers = "";

GuiMap = "stalingrad-1942";

SeasonPrefix = "wi";

CloudConfig = "00_clear_03\sky.ini";

Now, the summer mission from the Quick Mission

HMap = "graphics\LANDSCAPE_Stalin_s\height.hini";

Textures = "graphics\LANDSCAPE_Stalin_s\textures.tini";

Forests = "graphics\LANDSCAPE_Stalin_s\trees\woods.wds";

Layers = "";

GuiMap = "stalingrad-summer-1942";

SeasonPrefix = "su";

CloudConfig = "summer\04_Overcast_04\sky.ini";

I can't see any season-specific stuff on the actual Vehicle entries in the .Mission file, i.e. script and graphics paths seems to be the same regardless of season. Can't say for sure if there's anything else that needs to be adjusted - the _gen.Mission file I just looked at is 72000 lines long so manually scanning it for something new or otherwise changed is not that easy.

I would like to update the SMB GUI to support all the new maps and upcoming BoM aircraft at some point, but in all honesty I don't know if I can do this anytime soon. Just too much IRL stuff going on.

New release of SMB!

I got my act together and fixed some long overdue stuff tonight.

Changes

• One can now select Summer or Winter Stalingrad map. (Autumn too, but that will get you the summer one for now)
  • Added summer skies to the Weather Editor. Note - if using summer map with winter skies, the sim looks very blue.
  • Added P40, I16, MiG3, MC202, BF109E7 and BF110. At least they work fine for AI use.
  • Some minor bug fixes such as thumbnail images not showing.

Downloads

Full zip:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/da8484aic2hh249/bos-smb.zip?dl=0

.War file only:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iumhephqzyv4os1/bos-missiongenerator-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war?dl=0

Install instructions

Same as all previous updates, Just overwrite your existing bos-missiongenerator-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war if already installed, otherwise unzip bos-smb.zip and edit the config/application.properties file so it points at your BoS data directory. (See previous posts)

• Upvote 3

Hi Lupson,

Thanks for your reply! I will implement the changes you have suggested. Can't wait to build missions with your app and be able to use my summer skins!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

- CraigNT

Hi Lupson,

Thanks for your reply! I will implement the changes you have suggested. Can't wait to build missions with your app and be able to use my summer skins!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

- CraigNT

Hi Lupson,

Great update on your SMB utility! Very nice improvement, thanks again for your hard work. Glad you were able to take a break from IRL for a bit. It has made a very good flight sim really enjoyable! I'll be cooking up several summer skins for my planes now.

Cheers,

- CraigNT

Hi Lupson,

Is there an upgrade that includes the Bf-109F-2?

Thanks!

- CraigNT55

Hi,

sorry, no Bf-109F-2 yet. The current list of aircraft included in SMB can be seen in this source code file:

https://github.com/eriklupander/bos-missionbuilder/blob/master/src/main/java/se/lu/bos/misgen/model/PlaneType.java

It just a matter of adding a single line there with the correct paths and then doing a new release, so I can hopefully fix this soon.

• Upvote 1

How to user SMB? I just executed the bat but after some lines on CMD nothing happen

Hi, are you starting the .bat file by double-clicking it in Windows explorer, or are you executing in from the command-line?

Please start by opening a command line shell, change directory to your SMB install dir and then execute the batch file from there. After that, open Google Chrome and type "http://localhost"(without ") in the address bar.

If this doesn't work, can you take a screen shot of your command shell or copy-paste whatever text SMB prints to command-line after you tried to start it?

I love what Lupson has done here. I want to him to keep going, but it's his call. I can't force him if he doesnt have time or want to. When I am in Sweden someday I will buy him a beer for sure.

Jason

• Upvote 2

I love what Lupson has done here. I want to him to keep going, but it's his call. I can't force him if he doesnt have time or want to. When I am in Sweden someday I will buy him a beer for sure.

Jason

Thanks! The SMB still seems to be in use by some? Does it still work? 

I havn't really thought about working on the SMB in quite some time. I sort of stopped developing it back in may 2015 after picking most of of the low-hanging fruits. The .Mission files are quite complex and for the intended scope of the SMB I sort of ran out of ideas of stuff that I could implement given available time and documentation.

I guess there are a few things I could do:

* Add support for the BoM map. That would however require at least a high-res map of the theater (the one I use for BoS was stitched together by some community member(?), something like 8000x5000 res). I would also like the devs (in that case) to inform me of the relative in-game coordinates of the lower left corner of the map (probably 0, 0) and the upper right. (To determine the upper right coords of the BoS map I had to launch quick missions from a nearby airfield and then try to crash the plane as close as possible to some kind of landmark in the absolute upper right of the map in order to get the in-game coords from the log file :D ).

* Height map for the BoS/BoM theaters. With a simple height map I could get the z coord for any given x, y in-game coord (within a reasonable map resolution, would probably need some interpolation). Then I could fix the issue with static fires and stuff appearing in mid-air or underground. It would also open up some interesting possibilities...

* Fix full support for summer/autumn/winter season.

Since almost all work I did back in 2015 on the SMB was based on reverse-engineering the .Mission files and reading old wiki page about the Rise of Flight mission format, that work was very time consuming. I don't have that kind of time these days, regardless how fun coding this kind of stuff is...

Anyway - if anyone has any ideas or thoughts on how to proceed, just send me a pm or reply in this thread.

Edited by Lupson
  • Upvote 5

Hi Lupson,

Yes! There are those of us out here that use your mission builder on a regular basis and truly appreciate all of your hard work! Having the ability to fly all of the airplanes available in the flight sim is a bonus....wh ha the would be very cool is to use the BOM map for sure!! Keep up your great work...you have really added to a fantastic sim!

Best regards,

- CraigNT55

• Upvote 1

Hi, are you starting the .bat file by double-clicking it in Windows explorer, or are you executing in from the command-line?

Please start by opening a command line shell, change directory to your SMB install dir and then execute the batch file from there. After that, open Google Chrome and type "http://localhost"(without ") in the address bar.

If this doesn't work, can you take a screen shot of your command shell or copy-paste whatever text SMB prints to command-line after you tried to start it?

Carefully following these instructions but I get a message that,  http://localhost cannot be found.

Carefully following these instructions but I get a message that,  http://localhost cannot be found.

When you have started using the .bat file in the console window, does it output anything? Can you copy-paste any output here?

You can also try typing http://127.0.0.1 in the web browser after running the .bat file just in case your computer has some weird host record for "localhost".

Edited by Lupson

post-119743-0-94567100-1483054858_thumb.pngpost-119743-0-68027800-1483054881_thumb.pngpost-119743-0-65982400-1483054894_thumb.png

This is what I'm getting Lupson. Everything seems to work except the final attempt to open localhost.

Regards.

Edited by sammydee