Lupson

[Release] Simple 3rd party Mission Builder for BoS

Well Done and thank you,will try it out and let you know how I get on,

Just a question please if other users create missions,will there be a way that people can download these missions to try out??

Lupson,

This is great. I was speaking with another programmer about doing just such a thing. Awesome. Let's talk on PMs. I can get you access to the FMB easily.

Jason

• Upvote 11

Did a test, easy to set (as BoSParser), and relative easy to use, but my "mission maker" skill are not able to set proper waypoints, so my flight dont find the enemy.  :)

111.jpg

Curious this 109 flight, the #2, 3, 4 are not able to stay close to the leader.

109.jpg

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks all.

Sokol1: To create waypoints for a flight, first select the group by clicking on it. Then press the "Add waypoint" button on the left side and then add waypoints by clicking on the map. Finish by pressing the ESC key. Note: If you aren't using Google Chrome things may not work...

Not sure why #2, #3 and #4 would lag behind. If they are your wingmen, it is perhaps possible that they were generated with 100% fuel while your player plane has a lesser amount? Starting fuel, another thing to add to the unit create/edit dialog...

I'll try to make a youtube video within a few days describing how to use SMB.

divydave: Currently, you would need to make a zip archive containing the .Mission and .eng file written to your /Missions/webmission folder which then could be shared. Perhaps its possible to just post them as attachments on the forum? The .Mission files are pretty big (> 1 mb) but since they're just text a zip archive shouldn't be that big.

Regarding formations, they are not implemented for air units yet. Air units typically spawn in some line-like formation and then the AI immediately assumes the default wedge-like formation. Since planes spawn pretty close apart (50 meters I think) it's not unthinkable that planes may collide as they reform. I have also noticed that making an AI group start in the air on a very low altitude (< 200 meters) may result in a lot of crashes.

jason: Having access to the FMB would certainly make things easier, I'll send you a pm later. Thanks!

• Upvote 4

A great ~S~ to Lupson! And to Jason too for responding and giving whatever the man needs to improve this.

Make it posible for online missions, devs give us a basic user server and we are on!

Thanks for your reply ,I can see great things from this program of yours,

I tried it last night and had great fun learning how to use the program,I set up flight way points and objectives and got to grips with it fine,

But I had this problem and wondered if you could help me...

error saving mission to disk file c:\program files\steamapps\common\il -2 sturmovik battle of stalingrad\data\template\stalingrad_all_airfields.eng does not exist

What have i done wrong..

Thanks in advance

Edited by divydave

Thanks for your reply Lupson,I can see great things from this program of yours,

I tried it last night and had great fun learning how to use the program,I set up flight way points and objectives and got to grips with it fine,

But I had this problem and wondered if you could help me...

error saving mission to disk file c:\program files\steamapps\common\il -2 sturmovik battle of stalingrad\data\template\stalingrad_all_airfields.eng does not exist

What have i done wrong..

Thanks in advance

It seems as the "bos.data.directory" property in the /config/application.properties file isn't pointing at your BoS /data directory.

Have you made sure you have entered the correct path? I see all letters in the error message above are lower-case. On windows that shouldn't matter I think. Can you try to find your BoS /data folder using windows file explorer and make really sure it is identical to the value entered in /config/application.properties? Make sure the path is entered with double backslashes as path separators, e.g. c:\\Program Files\\SteamApps\\ etc. (not sure if this forum engine will deescape backslashes)

Oh, if you change the value you need to restart SMB, it is only read during application startup.

Thank you for reply,

will check everything as you suggest and will reply later,

Thanks 

Very promising work Luson! Many people have been waiting for a tool like this.

I have experience with RoF/BoS FMB so if you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact me.

Nope, can't get it to work.  Have set path to my non-steam version data folder but the bat file gives me some sort of dialogue box which appears so briefly I can't read it.

Localhost gives me nothing but a search.............

Question: Would it be possible (with the help and/or permission from developer) to create an application that does not necessarily require a BoS installation? 

Would be fantastic to be able to work on mission files on a computer anywhere :)

Nope, can't get it to work.  Have set path to my non-steam version data folder but the bat file gives me some sort of dialogue box which appears so briefly I can't read it.

You have to start the application via the .bat file. When the application is started it will write somthing like "application started" something like that in the last line of the dialogue box. 

Than you can access it via 127.0.0.1 in the adress field. 

Try running the .bat file from a command shell. E.g. go to the SMB install folder and execute the .bat file from there. Then the dialouge box (actually a command shell window itself) will not disappear.

Also, if it disappears directly I would suspect your Java installation isn't on your PATH. An invalid bos.data.directory property doesn't stop SMB from starting, but will typically break any attempts to export a mission into the BoS .Mission format when it can't read .group files from the /data/Template directory.

Question: Would it be possible (with the help and/or permission from developer) to create an application that does not necessarily require a BoS installation? 

Would be fantastic to be able to work on mission files on a computer anywhere :)

Yes, it is indeed possible. If 1C/777 allows me to bundle the /Template/*.group files into the SMB installation it can be used without a BoS installation.

Please note that there currently is no way to import a .Mission file into SMB. Neither does a way to export/import the intermediate format to a text file exist, though that should be extremely easy to fix. The intermediate format is just a JSON text document that's currently stored in the NoSQL database encapsulated inside the SMB server-side application. Should be easy to add an option to allow extraction or import of such documents through the GUI.

A problem could be if I need to change or update the format later on which then could break existing missions. Hmm, need to think about how to handle that.

This error happen here in the first use. I just close the program and try again, and then the mission are saved correct.  :good:

BTW - Since my game are no in STEAM folder, I have edited the Config files according. 

Sokol1: To create waypoints for a flight, first select the group by clicking on it. Then press the "Add waypoint" button on the left side and then add waypoints by clicking on the map. Finish by pressing the ESC key. Note: If you aren't using Google Chrome things may not work...

Not sure why #2, #3 and #4 would lag behind. If they are your wingmen, it is perhaps possible that they were generated with 100% fuel while your player plane has a lesser amount? Starting fuel, another thing to add to the unit create/edit dialog...

Luppus,

No problem in place waypoints, set  5 for He 111 flight - the problem was in make planes meeting, I think because I dont zoom the map much, the planes end far away.  :biggrin:

This Bf 109 formation (4) planes are all IA.

My flight are a lone YAK-1.  :)

The only "difficult" I find initially was how set plane for player, what is simple, just select in Skill list.

Nope, still can't get it to work.  Don't worry though.  I'll sit this one out and keep watching.  This thing has obviously got a bright future, well done Lupson. :)

I wonder if it is possible or will be possible in BOS to make similar missions scripts for online virtual fronts or something like old ADW server like it was in old il2? 

Lupson, you've made a wonderful piece of software, thanks a lot for your enthusiasm and skill. Please let me know if you need any assistance from the devs via a PM - I'll pass the info and find out what we can do for you.

• Upvote 13

Wow this is fantastic! This is the kind of stuff that will give strength to the legs of BoS.

Options+UserMadeContent=Success

• Upvote 1

Give this man a 'Founders' badge for his efforts.  Thank you Lupson.

Or even better:  a 'Contributors' badge reserved for people who have positively added content to the game.

• Upvote 4