BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

First of all: We'll get the upcoming maps in all 3 seasons.

So in Russia you only have 3 seasons?!? Edited by =69.GIAP=VLADI
  • Upvote 1

Amazing news, I feel a like a kid with new toys.

This news just make my brain blow full of ideas about what are we have after that but first have to enjoy the Mig3, I16 and P40.

Gracias totales

Am I surrounded by mindless drones or what? BoS just got released, and I'm not talking about all that early access schmaccess. You're now planning on releasing another game?! 

What about fixing and completing the one that you are currently working on first? Slowly, but gradually expand on the settings and the planes available. This, to me, looks like an attempt at DLC, making the customer pay more for less.

The reason I find this to be a really bad idea, is because back in the day when IL2 was just IL2, up until the point it reached IL2 1946... it was about flying, it was about planes... it was about having fun. Now, you launch one game and already plan another one. Where is the coop mode? The mission builder mode? Where are the options where the players, not a select few, can influence what this game becomes?!

I miss IL2 1946, before all the mods. We were one community, one large group of people who all wanted to fly and have fun. Now, we are IL2 CoD, IL2 BoS and next IL2 BoM. In effect, the community is being broken apart, reducing the amount of players per game and thus ruining great opportunities for those old school massive missions. We used to build these massive missions, work together and have 2 massive and focking amazing missions per night. A lot of people lived for that stuff. Now we have dogfighting servers... that's it...

Please 1C Studios. Hear my voice, hear our voices. Help us help you make IL2 BoS great, complete and whole. Then I'll gladly hand you another bag or money, or even two, for any 'expansions' on this game. Make us one community again and make that community the biggest and best out there. We once were, we can be again.

• Upvote 7

Had all my 20 fingers crossed for a Kuban scenario, but this is great news too. Congrats to the team, and good luck with the development!

The formula doesn't exclude that there will be unity between these games.

Improvements can be applied along the times to all the titles in the serie.

I suppose developers want to create exchangeable platforms. At the end we may have a product similar to what we had in IL2 1946 where we could use a plane in every theather.

Could be important to release all the maps free for all platforms, at least for multiplayer. This should create the possibility for people to create community. Those having all the titles in the serie will have more gaming opportunities, but those with one title may be able to play with the others on different scenarios if map builder allows without being excluded totally. This is important expecially on multiplayer servers.

Edited by FS_Fenice_1965
  • Upvote 1

Great news and one wish, which is not teh 110F I'd prefer over the E ;)

I want to see BoM to be like Pacific Fighters - an addon to BoS that can also be run separately, so new people can start in Moscow if they want. But the most important thing is to get a true successor to the Il-2 series, which can only be if it grows as a single product with multiple modules - maybe even a bit like the DCS World, but the modules rather being "complete" packages such as BoS and BoM instead of single planes and maps.

Anyway, count me in as a customer who does a premium preorder :)

Am I surrounded by mindless drones or what? BoS just got released, and I'm not talking about all that early access schmaccess. You're now planning on releasing another game?! 

Well, I'd hope that while the programming dude is working on the FMB together with the interface dude, the 3d modellers will be hard at work on the new content, at the same time as the networking guy is working on the dserver - all the while accompanied by the screams of the map dudes wafting up from the Map Dungeon where they're being whipped ["Faster, faster..."]

We are all aware that the FMB and the hosting capabilities are major parts of the puzzle. Hopefully we'll get them sooooon....!

[And it seems to me obvious that all the aircraft will be available to everyone who has them on all the maps they have. It'll be up to mission designers and server hosts to put together planesets. Just like IL2. It'd be "well peak" if it wasn't like this.]

Edited by No601_Swallow
  • Upvote 1

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago -  BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

[Edited] me sideways... 

I was sceptical about this game's future, especially after it's slightly turbulent release, but wow, this is amazing news.

This game is following Rise of Flight's footsteps. And you couldn't have picked better footsteps to follow!

My thoughts as well. This is really more than I did expect.

You're now planning on releasing another game?!         Read 2 post above and original post

Edited by voncrapenhauser

Of course,like so many others, I have real questions about what we already do & don't have with BoS but I just can't control myself:Put me on the list to purchase this new encantation  on the first day its out!

ace2_zpsed225522.jpg

That is good news,

However, I am not so care about the future, I hope you guys can finished the BOS development, such as FME, DSever and FM fix, as soon as possible.

If NOT, I don't think there are not so many users will buy BOM....

I CAN'T EVEN TALK OR THINK WOW!!!!!!

Smells like lots of skinning work to do doesn't it? :P

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

bomb blast kills are the best! Unless your the one getting blasted! ;)

Two seconds delay is not good enough for that big potato. :lol::wacko:

This will be a great addition, very nice plane set.

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible

Making these so they "merge" allowing planes to be used in either map was an excellent decision.

One request.  Please allow us to Activate mods and skins for Premium accounts.  Having to grind for skins for mp players is just silly.

• Upvote 2

There will be unlocks and they will be skippable for premium accounts

Great news!

I'll be buying that (premium). 

Do you take fresh buckets of steam? Or Quatloos?   :biggrin:

Edited by beepee

Holy [Edited], I need a towel........ P40 and the Mig3..... need another towel......

Edited by Bearcat
Language

Great. With so much flight sim fun, Now I'm never going outside again!

post-1189-0-73179600-1423847005_thumb.jpg

Edited by SharpeXB

Amazing news!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work guys!

S!

No Ju 87 B-2 or R-2? :sorry:

There's always one, isn't there ...     :D

Edited by 19te.Leaf

This update actually made even me really happy! As unlocks are gone, and will be gone in the upcoming one with just a click.. and the plane-set is just what the doctor ordered!
(I would be happier with an F or G for the BF-110.. but as I said earlier now I can blame it all on the plane!) :salute:

• Upvote 1

"Note that Version 1.009 for BOS is coming really soon, bringing you over 40 additions and fixes. This update is going to be deployed in the end of February."

have a list with fixes?  :) 

What about fixing and completing the one that you are currently working on first? Slowly, but gradually expand on the settings and the planes available. This, to me, looks like an attempt at DLC, making the customer pay more for less.

The reason I find this to be a really bad idea, is because back in the day when IL2 was just IL2, up until the point it reached IL2 1946... it was about flying, it was about planes... it was about having fun. Now, you launch one game and already plan another one. Where is the coop mode? The mission builder mode? Where are the options where the players, not a select few, can influence what this game becomes?!

I miss IL2 1946, before all the mods. We were one community, one large group of people who all wanted to fly and have fun. Now, we are IL2 CoD, IL2 BoS and next IL2 BoM. In effect, the community is being broken apart, reducing the amount of players per game and thus ruining great opportunities for those old school massive missions. We used to build these massive missions, work together and have 2 massive and focking amazing missions per night. A lot of people lived for that stuff. Now we have dogfighting servers... that's it...

Please 1C Studios. Hear my voice, hear our voices. Help us help you make IL2 BoS great, complete and whole. Then I'll gladly hand you another bag or money, or even two, for any 'expansions' on this game. Make us one community again and make that community the biggest and best out there. We once were, we can be again.

Respectfully I'm with him.

I was quite shocked when we didn't get Co-Op mode the first time around, I just want to fly my way and not be forced into DF mode.

I hope we can get the two tools Co_op & FMB many of us need to realise our dream. I understand companies have to make money but I never understood the reluctance to give us Co_ops in CLOD or BOS, for us it killed off flight siming because everything felt so restrictive. I've always backed every Flight Sim I could even though I barely have time to play them and if we get these two things I would gladly cough up more cash.

I miss the old days

• Upvote 3

So in Russia you only have 3 seasons?!?

You didn't know that?

'too cold for fighting' season: Men and machine refuse to work due to harsh winter climate 

'too muddy to move' season: Every road turns into mud ways which prevents any movement, insects are plaguing the soldiers

the brief 'combat is possible' season: Weather conditions are harsh, but not to harsh to prevent fighting

Zettman

• Upvote 1

Love You Guys So Very Much, Keep Up The Good Work! :)

Nice - quantity is always good.

I hope though that you don't forget about the quality improvements of the program either - the details, the landmarks, the environment, the coops, the mission builders, the "soul" of the sim rather than "just" adding new scenarios. 

Really glad though to hear that BoS has a future, even though I didn't touch it since like two months because it feels lifeless and empty still.

Maybe we got a future now, BoS and me, we will see ;)

Macchi 202 - p40 - bf110 - ju88 -109e7 - - - - - excellent and wise choices ;)

I cant see the pics from work but it all sounds so exciting!

I look forward to hearing more about that compatibility berween BOS and BOM

No Ju 87 B-2 or R-2? :sorry:

I think that early versions of Yak-1 and LaGG-3 would be needed too…

Well there will be other seasons on the Moscow map, not exclusively winter which we're tired of even more than players.

Larfed a lot :) :) Good wun!

I wish the team all the best, great to hear things are going well enough that you can already commit to a new title in the series. Really glad to hear it.

Personally another Eastern Front sim is not at all interesting for me, so I'll give it a miss. One sim on the Eastern Front is more than enough for me but I know you have a reasonable sized home audience and others who like it...I just think you are niching yourselves. But perhaps it keeps your dev costs down and maybe enables you to attract patriotic Russian investors or Govt funding.

That P40 though - would it be available as a premium plane for both BoS and Moscow? Emil, Bf110 and Ju88 are already in CoD so not at all interesting, but the P40, if it could be bought and flown in BoS...

Anyway, when you do an Afrika, Pacific or W Europe expansion, I'll buy back in for sure so I seriously hope BoS and this one is a big seller for you!

Great news about continued updates and commitment to BoS, new maps - bring that Mission Editor guys! Cheers,

H

Edited by heinkill

Great update, I didn't see this one coming!

I'm so pleased with the new theatre and plane set, can not wait to fly the P40.

bring it on and take my cash..................take it!!!!