BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

Excellent news on the series continuing. I like the upcoming planeset. I'm all in for the next early access.

Very good news indeed gentlemen. And I love the plane sets. Though we'll have more information later, I can't help but wonder which aircraft will come with BoM and which will not. Also though BoS & BoM will integrate together just fine, I see dark clouds gathering for server operators wanting to host both. 

As with the channel map in RoF, which I consider a master piece, some will not purchase one or the other and thus not be able to play certain maps. Of course I will not be one of those as I'm onboard for all this. And it is what it is isn't it.

Again, thank you for this information.

Chief

Edited by -NW-ChiefRedCloud
  • Upvote 1

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

Great news !

Thanks for the quick response, Zak. :)

Great news on plane set and PF style compatibility!

+1 on eventual upgrade to DX 11 + for occulous (or any) VR support?

With proper community tools it looks like this may surpass ROF, hopefully becoming the true heir of IL-2 moniker. (Large shoes to fill, FB + PF + ACE = 46)

As the BF-110 E2 were one of the worst 110's ever.. I can blame my mistakes on the plane.. gonna love this (snowy hell again)!
Hope all lessons about unlocks already are taken in!

• Upvote 3

I hope that the initial map will be a autumn map. I fear that another winter map could scare away potential customers. Better release BoM with an autumn map and deliver the winter map after the release like we are getting the summer/fall maps for Stalingrad later this year. Just my thoughts though.

• Upvote 1

(snowy hell again)!

Well there will be other seasons on the Moscow map, not exclusively winter which we're tired of even more than players.

• Upvote 12

Good news today! That's a really nice plane set.

Good news on summer maps and compatibility with BOS.

Looking forward to 1.009 now...

I hope that the initial map will be a autumn map. I fear that another winter map could scare away potential customers. Better release BoM with an autumn map and deliver the winter map after the release like we are getting the summer/fall maps for Stalingrad later this year. Just my thoughts though.

First of all: We'll get the upcoming maps in all 3 seasons.

Second: I predict a lot of frustration amongst players when the summer and autumn maps are released. The winter maps has made spotting easy-breazy for us. Might not be so easy on a green map ;)

• Upvote 2

Best update ever, love the planeset, and the 2 premium are must haves!!

[Edited] me sideways... 
I was sceptical about this game's future, especially after it's slightly turbulent release, but wow, this is amazing news.

This game is following Rise of Flight's footsteps. And you couldn't have picked better footsteps to follow!

This game is following IL2 footsteps wich is much better footsteps to me

Edited by Bearcat

Very good news indeed gentlemen. And I love the plane sets. Though we'll have more information later, I can't help but wonder which aircraft will come with BoM and which will not. Also though BoS & BoM will integrate together just fine, I see dark clouds gathering for server operators wanting to host both. 

As with the channel map in RoF, which I consider a master piece, some will not purchase one or the other and thus not be able to play certain maps. Of course I will not be one of those as I'm onboard for all this. And it is what it is isn't it.

Chief

Apologies .... if I had but read closer I would have had my answer for the plane sets.

Chief

Well congratulation : in one way, this is awesome to see you will be continuing making the Combat Simulator genre alive ...

On the other hand, seriously, The battle of Moscow is interesting, but no one will play in Multiplayer I fear ... This will be the most unbalanced video game ever made ...  :blink:

But anyway .. I will buy it of course  :biggrin:

Edited by LAL_Trinkof

Mixed emotions, frankly.

I recall flying the "Battle of Moscow" for hours in the old IL2. Theater therefore does not impress me. For that matter, Stalingrad bores me to death. So, same missions, largely the same planes (on German side at least). So, the novelty of the theater and missions, for me at least, is lacking.

Plus side: P-40, BF-110, Ju-88. All good but otherwise replicated in CloD and (soon P-40) DCS.

Compatibility? Advertised as yes but how about integrated? Pacific Fighters as I recall added the theaters planes, map and some functionality (carrier landings for example) to the existing IL2. Pacific Fighters was not stand alone as I remember the installation.

BoM?

Anyhow, going to look at this one closely before I decide to jump in. One thing sure, I'll make sure the direction is clear before deciding to purchase.

P-40! Nice!

Now that Fw190 wont be able to roll away from me at high speeds!

Relax man. BOS FW-190 can't roll away from anything already.

Since Jason said this new product is following the same model as bos, does this mean that unlocks are in bom?

And if so will premium players be able to skip unlocks all together?

• Upvote 1

Relax man. BOS FW-190 can't roll away from anything already.

LOL! Well you rolled away from me in that He111 pretty well the other night! ;)

EXCELLENT!!

:salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

That is a good thing IMO.

Will BoM be cheaper then BoS (or at least for BoS owners)

Good question..

Chief

Good question.... I will be curious to see how this all works out as well.. It makes sense though that if you do not buy BoM content you will not be able to fly on BoM servers.. IMO the whole thing with the Channel map (which I have BTW.. got it when it went on sale quite a while back..) is a no brainer.. so is BoM for me at least. I am all in regardless.. I am thinking that unlocks as initially implemented in BoS would not be done that way again... I can't imagine that happening with BoM after the past few months so it would probably be skins only if at all..

P-40 & Rata .. YUM!!

Since Jason said this new product is following the same model as bos, does this mean that unlocks are in bom?

Yes and what about the difficulty on higher pilot levels?

If I have to play the campaing with pilot level 10 (which most likely everybody who has unlocked everything has reached) it's not going to be a lot of fun.

I am currently playing the IL-2 Missions, and it is almost impossible to get home. 

In almost every mission, there is Sniper AAA everywhere and the douzens of 109s are coming at me. 

• Upvote 1

This is cool.
but MOAR.
an early LaGG S1/S4 110G. Yak1B
MOAR!

*waves witha fistful of cash*

MOARRRR!

I think it is safe to say that the More planes you fabricte, the more popular your sim will be.
Planes are choice.

Choice is good.

There will be unlocks and they will be skippable for premium accounts.

• Upvote 2

Pacific Fighters was not stand alone as I remember the installation.

was, very much so - split the ciommunity. the yanks loved PF for the wildcat n stuff, but didnt want to buy the FB part, so they ranted.

There will be unlocks and they will be skippable for premium accounts.

audience-applause.jpg

Congrats.

I'll wait and see. There are things that need straighten out before i'll buy anything in this series, and forget about preorders from me. A list of new planes and a map, with the current system and problems won't do it for me.

Good luck anyway.

LOL! Well you rolled away from me in that He111 pretty well the other night! ;)

Well, that's the sexy He-111, and I think I also bombed you out of the sky as well. evillaugh_zpse3a3f2fa.gif

Congratulations, I am hoping for increasing successes for you and the series.

I'm all in as well, with a fist full of cash and willing to take another cautious step into the realm of pre-orders and early access.

Battle Stations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HerrMurf

First of all: We'll get the upcoming maps in all 3 seasons.

)

Sure, that was clearly stated. But I doubt that we get all three seasons with the launch of BoM. Therefore my thought, that it would be a good idea to not start with a wintermap again.

Wait, I just realized something awful!

Skins will be unlockable content still..............................and the American skins will be level 9 and 10, be sure.............................durnit!!!!

'MURIKA!!

;)

Well, that's the sexy He-111, and I think I also bombed you out of the sky as well. evillaugh_zpse3a3f2fa.gif

bomb blast kills are the best! Unless your the one getting blasted! ;)

I CAN'T EVEN TALK OR THINK WOW!!!!!! WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!  JU-88 BF-110!!!!  P-40!!!!! I-16!!!!! MY GOD. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Is there new engine,maybe dx11 support planned or simmilar?

will be DX 11 implemented in the future?

+1 on eventual upgrade to DX 11

Any plan for Dx11 or 12?

Loft just told me that we can offer you guys a deal: you find us a good programmer and we consider such engine upgrade.

• Upvote 12