BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 88 - Discussion

Last Friday we brought to most of you some good news - allowing owners of the Premium Edition to bypass the unlockable modifications instantly. To help those that might also want this option, but don’t own the Premium Edition, we are launching a sale for Standard Edition owners that will last from February 13th till February 20th and will give everyone an opportunity to purchase Premium aircraft (La-5 and Fw 190 A-3) at a 50% discount. The sale prices will be available on both our site and the Steam page. Make yourselves a bit happier with these new planes and new opportunities, and don’t be shy to buy them as a present on St.Valentines Day!

Meanwhile, we keep rolling with big news about IL-2 Sturmovik’s future. Starting with the fact that the series is actually going to have a future. Last December, for instance, nobody including us was certain about what would happen next. But good fortune has blessed our hard work and we now know what we will do next.

We are proud to announce that the 1CGS team has started to work on the next title in the the series - IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Moscow. The next stage of this project is set to begin this March - that’s when we’ll be ready to reveal the details and tell you more about the new game’s compatibility with BOS, Early Access Plans and other important details. And now we present you the list of planes that Battle of Moscow is going to feature:

latter-540-eng.jpg

Later, in March 2015 we’ll start the pre-order program for BOM and will publish all necessary info about the future editions. We do understand that you have endless questions, and we’ll answer them in up-coming developer blogs which are going to be posted during Pre-Order and Early Access stages.

Note that Version 1.009 for BOS is coming really soon, bringing you over 40 additions and fixes. This update is going to be deployed in the end of February. And of course we’re already working on the Summer and Fall Stalingrad maps which are going to distributed freely among all BOS players in Q3 2015. And work on the Dserver and Mission Editor continues.

This is just some of what we’re preparing. We don’t want to spill all the beans today. This Spring is going to be quite promising for all combat flight sim fans.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Full news

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 36

Thanks for the discount on the premiun planes, I can afford 10 dollars, nice news! I want that sexy 110 and ju 88!

Edited by E69_Manu

And then Il2-Sturmovik: Battle of Karelia with B-239, I-15, DB-3, Bf-109 G6 and other relevant planes :D

Just kidding of course (and secretly praying). Excellent news!

Hard times for the russian planes are comming :)

But I get the my 110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:

Awesome news, pretty amazed that it will go on with this series. Seems more and more like an awakening of the flight sims is coming :) Awesome to get the Ju88, think i'll become mainly bomber pilot in the future  :biggrin:  and Mig3..i really really hope it will be as hard to fly as it should be :)

2 questions

1. Any plans or considerations of the Ju-52 flyable condition as a premium plane?

2. Will planes from BOS be available in BOM? And BOM plane be available in BOS? Example if i buy BOM will me friend be able to be a gunner for me? 

Please answer this :) 

Edited by McKvack

JU-88, me happy!

+1

+ Bf110

+ P40

+ I16

+ MiG3

Me very very happy! :salute:

• Upvote 2

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Mother effing YEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!

My dream come true!!!

When can I preorder? [EDIT] Oh I see it now. Nevermind.

Edited by Finkeren

Good news but, some conditions need to be fullfilled before I drop in:

-Battle of Moscow mergeable with Battle of Stalingrad

-Dserver and MIssion Editor available of Battle of Stalingrad

I bought Battle of Stalingrad in order to play cooperative with my squad against the IA, to this day it is still not possible....

• Upvote 5

It isn't that we have not enough construction zones in BoS right away.  :unsure:  Anyway, nice news and hope it will work fine together with Battle of Stalingrad, so you can use planes in Stalingrad as well as in Moscow. Would be great, if it works and I guess, the devs will do there best to merge both games.

However, looking forward to see a better campaign mode - named dynamic one and for the summer and autumn map of Stalingrad and to fly 88s and 110. :)

• Upvote 1

Just one question: Obviously it would make sense to include the He 111, Ju 87 and Bf 109 F4 from BoS as planes in BoM, but do you consider making some of the earlier versions of the Yak-1 and LaGG-3 as well to allow them to be used in BoM?

GREAT NEWS !!!!!

Why procrastinate pre order on the March?! I'll send you money now!!!!  

Question: BoS and BoM will be playable together?

Thx DEV TEAM !

I must admit I am bit surprised by the choice of new Battle of...Was hoping for Kuban.Just not to get too sick of too much snow in this sim :)

What does it mean that you will inform us about compatibility with BoS later? Is there new engine,maybe dx11 support planned or simmilar?

Cant you replace Pe2 ser.35 with SB2 or better,Db3/IL-4?

Good points for ishak and MiG3.Eager to try them in near future.

:salute:

WOWWWW !!!  :biggrin:

GREAT news !

Very happy of course, only good perspectives ! As all of us, I'm impatient to know all the details about the mergebility of BoS and BoM.  :salute:

Edited by Solmyr

Nice dev diary, quite unexpected and with lots of good stuff. Tbh I have great concerns with BoS and I hope the incoming fixes will improve it, but I'll look at BoM with a positive eye and can't wait to see those beauties flying in future!

Also I'm very interested in what you'll anounce in terms of compatibility of your products. Would be a shame if planes for example were only usuable in one of them.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

Fingers crossed for that BoS compability, LaGG-3 and Ju-87 make to much sense in Moscow to be omitted and BoM planes would make good addition to that summer Stalingrad map... 

Oh, whom am I kidding - where can I preorder?

Edited by Trupobaw
  • Upvote 2

That is just great!

Welcome Battle of Moscow, count me in. Great set of planes :salute:

Edit: And glad to hear about new patch coming for BoS!

Edited by Zami

Cant you replace Pe2 ser.35 with SB2 or better,Db3/IL-4?

:

While I can see the appeal of getting a completely new AC rather than a slightly different version of an old one (as my sig will tell you, I really want an IL-4 as well) I can certainly see the point of making the Series 35, both in terms of available ressources and because it was a very iconic aircraft in the autumn of 1941, giving the VVS some of its first, much needed, successes.

The Series 35 should be quite interesting to fly. It had less armour than the later Peshkas but was fast as hell, roughly the same top speed as the Bf 109 E.

I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for that BoS compability, LaGG-3 and Ju-87 make to much sense in Moscow to be omitted and BoM planes would make good addition to that summer Stalingrad map... 

Talking about the timeframe of BOM a Ju 87 B model would probably more suited, but still I hope the same...can't live without my Stuka! ;)

I'm not so amazed to have other variants of the Peshka and IL-2 (which I have no clue about what differs to the BoS's variants) but it might speed up development a little.

As all of us, I'm impatient to know all the details about the mergebility of BoS and BoM.  :salute:

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

• Upvote 38

AWESOME!

Great news. Looking forward to preordering premium!:)

But please dont forget to give the FW 190 some love!

BOM will be similar to Pacific fighters game released long time ago - BOS and BOM are going to be fully compatible, but you'll be able to buy BOM separately from BOS as well.

That is good news indeed. I hope you'll consider making some earlier versions of the Yak, LaGG and Ju 87 along the way to better fit the BoM time frame.