307_Tomcat

NVIDIA 3D Vision FIX

Everyone who once tried 3D vision knows how it adds to immersion.

ROF supports 3D vision very good, but BOS not yet. So if you tried to play 3D vision you have to noticed some issues shown on picture below. I made dirty fix for those issues for myself, and decided to share it with others.

The fix can be copied directly to game folders but better is using it thru JSGME. Secondary effect is that you can use it with ULTRA or HIGH graphics preset and the SSAO effect is disabled. It works in MP and single player mode. There are still some hidden glitches but IMHO it is better in every aspect than without it.

t0qjid.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/?5ay4aac8dtzw0aj

If you don't have 3D vision but you want to disable the post-contrast and SSAO, will this still do the trick?

• Upvote 1

Have a look on the following post. Sorry it's in french. Lefunest worked on an hellix mod.

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=437&t=188419

I didn't test cause i don't have time.

Yes, i'm aware of helix mod, i did run it and it fixed text,icons etc. to appropriate depth .But it not solved problems with graphics. I fly only on full realism setting and i don't need it.

Anyway i hope someday devs will fix those issues for all 3D vision users. Now when Oculus Rift support is not clear, only 3D vision can offer more immersion.  

Have a look on the link i put, Lefunete work on several version with french people. Have a look on the last page of the thread.

Have a look on the link i put, Lefunete work on several version with french people. Have a look on the last page of the thread.

I read readme and it looks like he did fix same things as i did. His pack has more to offer (labels). Why i didn't know about it... then i would not do it myself. Did he post it in BOS forum?

I have tested his version and it has some glitches which i did eliminated. They are especially visible near smoke in Stalingrad.

I don't have any of those graphical problems with 3D vision. You should probably adjust the range on the desk mounted sensor. BoS looks terrific set to the first bar. Still some slight ghosting, but that is the 3D vision problem and not BoS. All games have varying levels of ghosting.

Edited by FuriousMeow

I read readme and it looks like he did fix same things as i did. His pack has more to offer (labels). Why i didn't know about it... then i would not do it myself. Did he post it in BOS forum?

I don't know. If i remember he did a post on Bos, but i don't think he post the last version.

Send him a PM, it would be interresting you share your tweak.

Edited by Habu

I don't have any of those graphical problems with 3D vision. You should probably adjust the range on the desk mounted sensor. BoS looks terrific set to the first bar. Still some slight ghosting, but that is the 3D vision problem and not BoS. All games have varying levels of ghosting.

In all respect.
Son don't teach dad how to make kids.
Facts are:
- there are many others who noticed some problems;
- there is independent guy who also make fix for those issues;
- that is no problem with 3D Vision, the problem is with BOS (ROF works fine, also with BOS 3d settings the other way not);
- we are not talking about ghosting;
- set depth to first bar? it is ridiculous - who would want use only ~1 % of depth ??? - it is like nothing...

Have nice day.
Edited by tomcatqw

I posted a version of my fix here but it seems that this post is best suited !

Unfortunately,it seems that my last version is working only for me (the few people using it have trouble with it and have to get back to the previous one, I did not understand why...)

At this stage I do not know if it is a matter of SLI or driver version or something else.

@ tomcatqw : Maybe we can put our strenght together ?

Here is the last version, which had 2 more shaders disabled as the version prevously posted (ghosting in stuka cockpit only (!) and flashing of ground when this ghosting is removed).

Can you try it and give me feedback ?

It should be interesting to check which effects are disabled/fixed by which shaders for each fix and keep the most effective way.

Edited by lefuneste

Here is the last version of my mod: I modify all the Pixel shader tomcatQWs have found, in order to allow them to be switched on/off. This allow the light flooding on cockpit panel to work, at the cost of disabling all fix.

So you will have the tomcatQWs fix + my fixes (flares, stuka cockpit, ghosting on ground objects) + smaller size of sight (in order to use it at high separation/convergence settings) + 3d icons &labels (disabled by default) + 2 separation/convergence settings for cockpit view + separation/convergence settings for external view + temporary low depth setting for gunner view.

Key to use:
----------
Y : change the label/icons/GUI depth. Zero depth for reading GUI and high depth to use icons/labels
U : cycle through sight scale : game setting by default, then setting for german sights, then settings for russian sights, then default and sos on
J : toogle on/off faulty ghosting shader but also light flooding on panel
F1 : cycle through separation&convergence settings for cockpit view
Mouse 4: low separation/convergence settings

You may have to press 2 time the key in order to make the effect working...

Edited by lefuneste

In all respect.
Son don't teach dad how to make kids.
Facts are:
- there are many others who noticed some problems;
- there is independent guy who also make fix for those issues;
- that is no problem with 3D Vision, the problem is with BOS (ROF works fine, also with BOS 3d settings the other way not);
- we are not talking about ghosting;
- set depth to first bar? it is ridiculous - who would want use only ~1 % of depth ??? - it is like nothing...

Have nice day.

Okay dad. Except that is the very definition of 3D Vision ghosting.

A big thank you to tomcatqw and lefuneste01 for the 3D Vision fix.  Really enjoying the 3D effect with BOS.  It would be great if the Devs could provide you with the WIP Oculus implementation so that you could put your skills on getting the Oculus support working.  

S~

Did my fix work for you ?

Some users did not have the same behaviour than me, so I am curious to know if you have the same effects than me or if you also have some problems with it.

If you don't have 3D vision but you want to disable the post-contrast and SSAO, will this still do the trick?

I had this same question and haven't seen an answer to this yet.  I have no interest in trying to run 3D (don't know anything about what it takes and don't have any hardware or whatever for it), but I would love to see some way to turn off the SSAO and similar effects we seem to be burdened with as a result of the mandatory presets.  Any chance whatever did this for the 3D mods could be adapted to do this without the 3D aspects?

It will disable all the shaders, even for no 3D display. But I do not know if I disabled all the shaders you do not want !

It will also add the reduced sight for backward head position (can be toggled on and off).

But it may also introduce the problems encountered by some and you will have to disable the fix in order to have the light flooding in cockpit wall (there is also a key for that).

The best is to try : with JSGME it is not a problem to install/desinstall the mod.

• Upvote 1

Did my fix work for you ?

Some users did not have the same behaviour than me, so I am curious to know if you have the same effects than me or if you also have some problems with it.

Yes, for the most part everything looked very nice using the "mixed" version of the Helix mod.  Great Job!

However, I messed it up by using the advanced settings for convergence and "saving the configuration"  which I can't seem to get rid off now.  I tried Alt-F7 to delete the saved config but not sure if it did anything.  Now the F1 presets are out of "convergence" and I can't seem to bring things back into clear focus. I tried to remove and reapply the mod, but it still not the same as before I screwed it up.  I will be trying to uninstall the drivers again and clean up the registry to see if I can get back to the default as before.  Also, Nvidia just released a new set of drivers so that could have also messed things up, not sure.  If you know where in the registry the profiles get saved that would be very helpful?

Again, thanks for your efforts to make the 3D experience functional.

S~

Also, Nvidia just released a new set of drivers so that could have also messed things up, not sure.  

Was that a beta driver release?  When I check for updated drivers my GeForce Experience isn't reporting any new drivers.

[edit] - interesting - I found the new drivers on nVidia's web site, released a week ago.  For some reason the GeForce Experience doesn't seem to be able to find it yet - another reason for me to think again about uninstalling that bloatware.

Edited by TG-55Panthercules

All is as should be again!  The uninstall/reinstall of NV drivers did the trick.  Back to glorious 3D flying in BOS.  It just makes me sad that we cant even try the Rift WIP. :pilot:

I posted a version of my fix here but it seems that this post is best suited !

Unfortunately,it seems that my last version is working only for me (the few people using it have trouble with it and have to get back to the previous one, I did not understand why...)

At this stage I do not know if it is a matter of SLI or driver version or something else.

@ tomcatqw : Maybe we can put our strenght together ?

Here is the last version, which had 2 more shaders disabled as the version prevously posted (ghosting in stuka cockpit only (!) and flashing of ground when this ghosting is removed).

Can you try it and give me feedback ?

It should be interesting to check which effects are disabled/fixed by which shaders for each fix and keep the most effective way.

Thanks so much for this it is much better than my "low separation/adjust convergence fix" !  :)

This game is so much better in 3D.

Only thing I did notice is that in the external view the clouds  seem to render at the wrong depth but I can certainly live with that.

Brilliant - Thanks again!

I used the latest file - mixed.

Edited by Flowbee_603

It just makes me sad that we cant even try the Rift WIP. :pilot:

Gave up hoping for any Oculus support. But no rift, no BoM!

Can easily do without BoM, 'cause I hate snow, anyway ;) - and DCS Normandy map will be summer. And with full rift support! :)

Edited by Venom

Here is a new version : planes hided by cloud before them can be fixed by pressing the "K" Key. This fix must be toggle on/off because it may have some weird effects when going on top of cloud.

You may also have to press two time the "K" key to activate the fix for the first time.

The mod is now in two parts : the first part (Helix_BoS_mixed_JMSGE) must be always installed. The second (Helix_BoS_mixed_JMSGE_blackflash_removal) only if you encountered some black flashs on ground texture. It make a white screen for some configs.

JSGME_MODS.zip

Thank you for your continued work on fixing the 3D Vision.  Will give it a try tonight and report back. S~

I made a new version, which fix most of the problems instead of disabling them. The problems with planes in front of cloud are solved.

SSAO must be disabled. IL2 BoS seems to me near pefect in 3Dvision now...

You can find it here.

Edited by lefuneste01

If someone has downloaded the fix, he should do it again, I have upgraded it to fix one or two little things I discovered when flying.

New version at the same place : added a setting for the MC202 sight and make the reduced texture of sight more visible. There is also a tutorial to create a 3Dvision profile for BoS.

New version at the same place : added sight settings for BF110, shader fixes for ground right dark sidebar and tree reflexion in water

Edited by lefuneste

Found a few problems due to missing Pixel shaders. These were originally included in the "mixed" release.

Edited by Flowbee_603

Can you post a track showing your problems ?

I did not remove shaders between 5.0 to 6.0 version and the 5.0 is older than 6 months, so I wonder why I did not see your problems in my configuration.

The problems were numerous but everything was fixed when I added the 9 pixel shaders which were dropped between the "mixed" release and the version 5.0 release.

My Pixelshaders folder now has a total of ten pixel shaders in it which includes the updated and only pixel shader in the release 6.0 that I downloaded yesterday from Helix Mod.

Release 5.0 that I also picked up from Helix Mod  only has one pixel shader in it namely C5B4C472.txt

I came up with a complicated mixed version of all 3 releases to fix the problems but just adding the nine old pixel shaders from the 'mixed' release to your current version 6.0 PixelShaders folder sorted it all out for me.

Check your working PixelShaders folder and compare it to the download from Helix Mod. Like I said mine now has 10 shader files in it. Hope this helps.

But normally the last version of the mod should work at it is...

There is only one remaining PS and this is only because of sight reducing, that you may use or not.

All the other problems are fixed in VS shaders. At least for me and other users that did not report me so much trouble (only some black squares in some cockpit using night light).

But normally the last version of the mod should work at it is...

There is only one remaining PS and this is only because of sight reducing, that you may use or not.

All the other problems are fixed in VS shaders. At least for me and other users that did not report me so much trouble since the mixed version has been replaced by others...(only some black squares in some cockpit using night light, that I did not have on my config....).

I am on a later driver 359.00 as I remember also I changed the separation for key F1 to about 35-40% . I tested on 2 different pc's one sli 760s and one with a single 970. The results were the same. On the sli system I also had to use a previous release of dxd9.dll as it wouldn't even start the game for some reason.

Whatever the reason I very much appreciate your efforts as this game is awesome in 3D. I will also check with my friends who are using your fix to see what is happening on their installations.

What are your graphic options ?

You have to disable SSAO, most of the pixel shaders of fhe mixed mod were made to counter bad effect of this option, that has been selectable later.

As it can be safely disabled in BoS, the current version of the mod does not include anymore fix for that.

Anyway, post a track showing your problems with the mod, I will look if I had the same on my config. Maybe I miss something...

Have set up a new installation and then installed your patch on to it to test it.

First thing I did was turn of SSAO but it wasn't that simple. Also I am running on Ultra settings with max options apart from SSAO and HDR set to off and with VSYNC on. Problem is the same type of thing I get when pressing "j" key with transparent halos around aircraft, cockpit spars and against smoke. I'm using a Stuka over Stalingrad in the clouds and smoke to test the issues.

On my current working set up (ie with old pixel shaders included) I see the water reflections have now been fixed and the external clouds are at the right distance which is brilliant - nice work! Flares are looking good too.

I've got a few jps screenshots which I had to rename to jpg below. The clean install made no difference to the problem although the new reflections and cloud distance fixes are there. As you can see without the old pixel shaders the problem is similar to the pics posted by tomcatqw in his first post. As for posting a track do you just need the trk file or the associated files as well?

post-896-0-22522500-1452388398_thumb.jpg

post-896-0-53798700-1452388402_thumb.jpg

post-896-0-68732000-1452388404_thumb.jpg

post-896-0-39226900-1452388408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flowbee_603

Ok, I think I've got to the cause of the issues.

The "j" key in the d9dxsettings.ini file sets a value for const3. This enables or or disables shaders which create aircraft surface reflections and floodlighting in the cockpit unfortunately they also give the effects shown in screenshots. The default is off ie shaders disabled.

In the new version the "j" key has no effect because the pixel shaders aren't in the folder anymore. The shaders for reflection and cockpit lighting are on and can't be turned off. This means that the visual issues associated can't be turned off either. Maybe this could be fixed other than by reinstating 9 pixel shaders using a shotgun effect which is basically what I have done. At best I could maybe narrow down the number by trial and error.

As I said, I do not have this kind of old problem with the 6.0 mod. See the 2 enclosed  jps picture I just took in game.

I think you can add a track just by going to "more option" for the post and adding a zip of the track. But, regarding the screenshot you posted, I think that I will not see problem...

Edited by lefuneste