Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

Requiem's First Solo...Feb 10...right Now!

Is it bad that I'm kinda nervous?

Cleared to land!

Edited by SYN_Mike77

and he's down!

Loved the guy who said he was at 2000 ft "I think" sounds like syndicate on teamspeak!!

Didn't know about this thread until after I got back to the home airport...

Thrilled to have solo'd and thanks to you guys for listening in! :) My instructor really picked a perfect day for it... I had a 10kt+ direct crosswind with gusts coming in to final. The three landings were the most challenging I had done so far. The second landing wasn't the best as I had my first ever bounce on landing, and of course it has to happen on the solo flight doesn't it lol

I also recorded it with a GoPro so I'll try and get a full report of it on my blog tonight :)

Cheers!

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 12

Good on ya mate ! Now by definition you are a RL pilot. First solo is something you never forget. Looking forward to the Gopro footage.

Cheers

Lfox

Well done and congratulations, welcome to the real world. Easier than flying on a Sim eh.

Congratulations Req !

I very well remember my first solo 1988 in Goodyear Arizona. The most thrilling flight for sure. Enjoy it and good luck for the check ride :)

Well done and congratulations, welcome to the real world. Easier than flying on a Sim eh.

+1

Oh yeah I agree there IRL is way easier,

Its all the technical stuff to remember is hard for me but hands on is way easier than any sim I played for sure.

Well done Requiem buddy. :salute:

Super Requiem !!! Here's to many more takeoffs and landings ( real ones that is )!!

Stay safe !!

+1

Oh yeah I agree there IRL is way easier,

Its all the technical stuff to remember is hard for me but hands on is way easier than any sim I played for sure.

Well done Requiem buddy. :salute:

Well, that somewhat depends.

An ILS to mins? I'll take a sim, please.

Severe crosswinds and windshear? I'll take a sim.

Final approach, low on gas, and the gear doesn't come down? Sim.

In the weather and your avionics completely die? Sim.

Anything -- and I mean anything -- combat related? Sim.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But onto the point, congrats again Req :)

Just wanted to say thanks for the support and encouragement guys! It's really made this flight even more special :) I got the GoPro footage sorted out and uploaded so enjoy the video. If you want to see the full length version with ATC audio included send me a PM as that one will be unlisted. It is still uploading though so it won't be finished until tomorrow morning.

You can either read the blog post containing it here https://wordpress.com/post/80674101/128/

or watch the video below.

Cheers!

Req

• Upvote 1

You should have worn your go pro on your head! Hey man great work. I remember my first solo and it wad awesome. In fact here is! Complete with cheesy Van Halen soundtrack!

again congrats dude!

Hooves.

I enjoyed your short video Req. I know that you were put off a bit about your second landing, but it looked OK to me. It seemed like just a little bump. I'm sure lots of pilots have had their share of hard landings in RL, me included. The rest of your flying looked spot on to me.

Still greeeennn with envy!  :-)

Jim

You should have worn your go pro on your head! Hey man great work. I remember my first solo and it wad awesome. In fact here is! Complete with cheesy Van Halen soundtrack!

again congrats dude!

Hooves.

You'r supposed to do some barrel rolls during that song!

Jason