heinkill

U Day - unlocks working as advertised?

Just my luck. All I had left to unlock were a few paintjobs on the He-111! :lol:

No joy here. Did I say no joy? Well I clicked the RED button and went to see what, if any thing, had happened. Well none of the UNLOCKS appeared to be unlocked. However in campaign I selected rockets for my IL-2 (which had not been unlocked) and I had rockets in the mission. But not so on any other aircraft at this time. I will, personally, wait till the end of the day, and then send a note to the Dev's via Zak's link.

All things in their time .....

Chief

No joy here....

No problems for me. As per instructions, I clicked on the red button, logged out of the website, logged back into the website, and then fired up the game. Insta-unlock-a-rama!

And all at about 12:00 or 13:00 GMT

All things in their time .....

Chief

"Vanity of vanities," says the Preacher, "Vanity of vanities! All is vanity."

I think i waith with the unlock funktion to see if there is anny downside to it ;)

~S~

I think the good will afforded by making unlocks available to standard users would be a better incentive to buy products than to, in effect, extort extra monies to achieve a goal every customer wants - unlocks. I'd guess more people would be offended than be happy to put another forty dollars down. Some may not be able to afford it at this time. I know $40.00 would be a bit much to spend with all my other financial responsibilities. But I might cough up twenty in appreciation of unlocks.

Extort??  We live in a consumer driven capitalist market.

Some of us paid $90. Some of us paid $50.

It's a market economy and you get to choose what level of products and services you pay for.

You have the opportunity to pay your money like many of us already have, and if you do, you will get more value for your money, like many of us now have.

No extortion that I can see going on here.

Edited by beepee

WE didnt buy the unlocks but the game with the 2 planes on top, next to EA.

So imho nonsense argument that prem deserves unlocks more than standards.

Pay to Win rings in my ears ....

• Upvote 1

so if you sling a 500 pound bomb+ weight of the Bommmrack under a G2, that'll give it a Boost, a'aight?

That G2 will still fall to any of a standard LaGG with 2 Guns if the G2 driver don't pay attention.

it aint the Plane - well at least not "everything"
its the frickin Moron at his controls, how bout that?!

that same Moron wouldn't be able to shoot a Mig while sitting in a D-13 or a Fortress in a 262.

Stop whining... start being competent.

*fuming*

The same here.

I will save the button for possible use with new planes in future - if unlocks will stay with next update/theater/new planes...

We definitely need some infos regarding these aspects. Maybe Zak could inform us ?..

What red button ? I see no changes whatsoever. Is there a new patch ? Usually when I start my game , if there's a new patch it notifies me . I just went into multiplayer and campaign and all the unlocks are still there , and I didn't see any red button .

Edited by pencon

What red button ? I see no changes whatsoever. Is there a new patch ? Usually when I start my game , if there's a new patch it notifies me . I just went into multiplayer and campaign and all the unlocks are still there , and I didn't see any red button .

The red button is in your profile settings on the web > http://il2sturmovik.com/

~S~

The same here.

I will save the button for possible use with new planes in future - if unlocks will stay with next update/theater/new planes...

I really hope that that is not the case. This whole idea needs to be done away with and never revisited. IMO the whole feature added nothing but ill will and way too much drama to the whole endeavor... Not to mention garnered more bad press than the sim deserved.

• Upvote 3

Well I went to my profile , activated the unlocks , re-logged in etc . Started the game and STILL no unlocks . This is why I never buy lottery tickets .

Extort??  We live in a consumer driven capitalist market.

Some of us paid $90. Some of us paid $50.

It's a market economy and you get to choose what level of products and services you pay for.

You have the opportunity to pay your money like many of us already have, and if you do, you will get more value for your money, like many of us now have.

No extortion that I can see going on here.

I see it as extortion. There's no viable reason for the developers to with hold unlocks on the standard buyers. Instead they try and extort forty bucks out of them to get the same unlocks that no one wanted in the first place. I don't see what a free market has to do with it. Had the choice been allowed up front (in other words a conscious decision based on pre-knowlege) then I can understand if standard buyers decided not to purchase the premium edition. Allowing unlocks after purchase makes it difficult to make an informed decision.

It reset my pilot level as well...from 9 to 1....

:huh:

Really?

Is that a feature or a bug?

I don't see it as extortion. The very idea seems extremely melodramatic to me.

Buying the premium package gives you more options. This is just one more option.

• Upvote 1

I see it as extortion. There's no viable reason for the developers to with hold unlocks on the standard buyers. Instead they try and extort forty bucks out of them to get the same unlocks that no one wanted in the first place. I don't see what a free market has to do with it. Had the choice been allowed up front (in other words a conscious decision based on pre-knowlege) then I can understand if standard buyers decided not to purchase the premium edition. Allowing unlocks after purchase makes it difficult to make an informed decision.

Nobody's happy with the way this worked out in the end.  So much community momentum and good will was lost, bad blood that needs to be washed under the bridge, and all those other mixed metaphors.  It's damn ugly.

Now shall we cease and desist???  Go do something about it and push the damn button like the rest of us...

Well it didn't work for me.

I've logged in and out as requested, and the unlocks are still active.

• Upvote 1

Just my luck. All I had left to unlock were a few paintjobs on the He-111! :lol:

Ditto, and I've still got them but I'll wait until some skinners come up with some. I havent played the Campaign since getting to level 10 as I find its almost impossible to complete a mission without getting shot down.

Whooohoo, now that is good news.

Nobody's happy with the way this worked out in the end.  So much community momentum and good will was lost, bad blood that needs to be washed under the bridge, and all those other mixed metaphors.  It's damn ugly.

Now shall we cease and desist???  Go do something about it and push the damn button like the rest of us...

Fair enough... ;) 

I sent a ticket to support and they fixed it within the hour.  Maybe give that a try.

What do you mean , a ticket?

On page one of this thread, Zak provides a link in post #15 to technical support .  It's a sort of request form that you fill out and send.  They refer to it as a ticket.

Thank you, and now we all look forward to the summer maps and anything else that can be added to this class combat flight simulation.

Cheers.

JM.

I got the unlocks working, but like some other people here, I also got my level reset (medals, etc. are still there). Not that I really give a toss about it :) I unlocked all that I could be bothered with during the beta and I think that other statistics (at least flight time) might not be accurate anyway. Never went back to the campaign, as I enjoy flying online more.

About premium buyers only getting the unlocks:

One way to look at it is indeed that premium buyers payed extra for all of the unlocks. Other way of looking at it that they payed extra the extra planes AND for all the unlocks for those extra planes and that the standard edition buyers have already paid for the unlocks for the standard edition planes. Personally, I'd prefer all unlocks (including at least all winter skins) for everybody. And some cake as extra. Cake is always good and makes people happy.

This horse has been beaten to dead, buried, dug up again and the spanking commences, but as my personal slash on the carcass (as I've never really vented on this matter), the whole unlock thing is the main cause of all this controversy and a bad design decision to begin with. Obviously the development team is also somewhat separated with this issue and this seems more of a compromise within the team and towards the community than anything else.

The silliest thing still to me is that the winter skins are not default, but that being said, I'm not actually sure to what extend winter paints were adopted by the LW or VVS historically (I remember reading somewhere that it was considered to add to drag, and therefore not always considered necessarily a good thing). Anyone have any fact on this? The custom skins solve this problem on custom servers, but at least the default options for any new player should be historical ones on the official / ranked servers.

Edited by PitbullVicious

Mine wasn't working earlier today when I first tried it (even after several log outs and log ins), so I submitted a ticket per the link Zak provided.  When I got back from work tonight they were working (unlocked) - I don't know if it just takes the passage of some time, or if they actually reacted to the ticket, but if it isn't working for you after a while I'd suggest submitting a ticket.

I got an email confirming mine had been fixed for me.

Ah - hadn't checked my e-mail yet, but I just found a message from them saying they'd fixed my problem as well, so I guess it was the ticket and not just the passage of time.

The unlocks are activated in the missions right, but not visible on the unlock progress bar in the pilot profile. Is that right?

The unlocks are activated in the missions right, but not visible on the unlock progress bar in the pilot profile. Is that right?

In my profile screen the activated unlocks (not the skins) are showing up as lighted up/unlocked along each plane's progress bar, as well as being available to be chosen in the plane setup screens.

I checked soon after hitting the button, but nothing had changed. I figured it might simply take a little time and so left it for most of the day. Just checked again and it looks like it worked. So there does seem to be a bit of a delay.

Same for me and others, I reported it in the bugs forum. Not worth submitting a support ticket, I'm not sure what pilot level even really means. To me it seems to have no effect whatsoever on gameplay.

My profile on il2sturmovik.com shows pilot level 7, but in game it shows pilot level 1.

H

Edited by heinkill

Mine's gone to level 1 as well. I'm fine with it though.

Yeah, same here. It's no biggie.